Michigan hackers, check in here

Adam Hartzell;n8887749 said:
Played Cherry Creek yesterday and Fieldstone today. During warm-up before both rounds maybe 10% of driver swings wouldn't slice, so I chose to leave that club in the trunk so I wouldn't be tempted. I focused on course management playing a lot of hybrid tee shots that kept me in the fairway and I managed to hit 8 greens at Cherry Creek and 11 today at Fieldstone. Even managed to stick a green with a 5i for the first time today. Shot 89 at Cherry Creek and 88 at Fieldstone.

I need to work on chipping and putting some more and I feel confident that I can shoot in the low 80s. Though, if I could actually hit a driver and use a 9i or wedge into the green instead of a 5i or hybrid.....

Good news is that I did get a job offer today! I've still got two more weeks until I start, so if anyone wants to meet up for a round next week I'm available. Labor Day week, I'll be heading up to Houghton Lake for 5 days of golfing with some good friends and could use some more practice.

I played Fieldstone in July and it was super windy. I shot a good round of 77, but definitely could have scored better as it was my first time out there and I there were a few local knowledge things that I would have done differently had I known. I got to play it on a Group Golfer for $35 so it was a deal too! I really enjoyed that course though and with the wind it can really play tough.

darkhors;n8891659 said:
I played Fieldstone in July and it was super windy. I shot a good round of 77, but definitely could have scored better as it was my first time out there and I there were a few local knowledge things that I would have done differently had I known. I got to play it on a Group Golfer for $35 so it was a deal too! I really enjoyed that course though and with the wind it can really play tough.

I play in a league at Fieldstone and it always seems like it’s windy there. I like that course a lot. A 77 is a great score!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My driver swing saw some improvement today. I played it on four holes and hit one fairway. The three I missed were not all that bad, but every miss is odd the heel. Swinging at only 60% with the driver and I'm getting about 215 total yards. I'll take what I can get for now.

Hacker;n8892878 said:
I play in a league at Fieldstone and it always seems like it’s windy there. I like that course a lot. A 77 is a great score!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it wasn't so far away for me (south of Detroit) I would definitely play it more often. I really did enjoy the course though. I would have never guessed it would have felt so woodsy though being right off 75. I was really impressed with how there's not much in terms of houses or roads or anything like visible from the course.

I think Inkster Valley is the course this weekend. Nothing impressive but should be fun again.

MichiganGripRip;n8893943 said:
I think Inkster Valley is the course this weekend. Nothing impressive but should be fun again.

Inkster Valley is deceptively hard. It's very much a point and shoot course. You have to be on with your drives and approach shots. The greens aren't super difficult, but you can get yourself into a lot of trouble off the tee.

darkhors;n8897744 said:
Inkster Valley is deceptively hard. It's very much a point and shoot course. You have to be on with your drives and approach shots. The greens aren't super difficult, but you can get yourself into a lot of trouble off the tee.

It's a straight shot from my house as I live just off the road the course is on. Sundays at 4pm there is a time slot for $18 which is a killer deal. So I end up playing it 4-6 times a year. But you are correct, just gotta keep it out of the trees. Hole 13 is one of my favorite however with the teebox backed up to the abandoned mental institution.

Played the Golden Fox at Fox Hills in Plymouth yesterday with tpluff and Lions81. Course was in great shape but the greens were slick and whoever placed the cups is kind of an ass. I don't think anyone made a putt the entire day.

jdtox;n8897769 said:
Played the Golden Fox at Fox Hills in Plymouth yesterday with tpluff and Lions81. Course was in great shape but the greens were slick and whoever placed the cups is kind of an ass. I don't think anyone made a putt the entire day.

It was crazy. No one made a putt outside 10 feet. Hard, slick, and like 14 pins were on a ridge or some inaccessible part of the green. It was fun to get back out tho, even if I did sniff triple digits.

I'm heading north tomorrow for five days of golfing. Forest Dunes is on the agenda and I can't wait to play it.

Adam Hartzell;n8898262 said:
I'm heading north tomorrow for five days of golfing. Forest Dunes is on the agenda and I can't wait to play it.

Have fun!! You'll be up in my neck of the woods.

Is anything happening with that Michigan vs. Ohio thing we talked about earlier in the summer for next season? I'd love to get something together with the MI guys.

darkhors;n8900801 said:
Is anything happening with that Michigan vs. Ohio thing we talked about earlier in the summer for next season? I'd love to get something together with the MI guys.

Nothing yet, But I have you marked down as an interested party.

I discovered today that five straight days of golfing may be a bit much.

Wednesday was The Loop (black) at Forest Dunes
Thursday was The Dream
Friday in the rain we played The Nightmare
Saturday was Eldorado in Cadillac
Today we wrapped with West Branch C.C. and I could hardly swing a club.

I did play to my handicap every day but today, so I'm counting this weekend as a win for my golf game. If my putting had been better I could have shot below, but those greens are not the easiest.

Just in case anyone was wondering....

Moose Ridge in South Lyon is phenomenal and I’d totally play it again if back up in the area. My guess is the scenery would be amazing this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PKorf;n8905102 said:
Just in case anyone was wondering....

Moose Ridge in South Lyon is phenomenal and I’d totally play it again if back up in the area. My guess is the scenery would be amazing this fall.

That's my home course for my league!

Headed out on a boys long golf weekend. Today we play Red Hawk and then we play three days at Lakewood Shores!

dthogey;n8906367 said:
Headed out on a boys long golf weekend. Today we play Red Hawk and then we play three days at Lakewood Shores!

Enjoy! The Gailes is decent. Blackshire was ok but I hated the greens there.

Getting some match play going this weekend at a local muni. Should be some good times with friends for the last real outing I'll get this year.

jdtox;n8906440 said:
Enjoy! The Gailes is decent. Blackshire was ok but I hated the greens there.

we played Redhawk today. What a neat course, a lot of character, the greens were a little slow for us, all in all we enjoyed the course.

Going to be in Kalkaska from October 3 thru 18. If any locals of the area or other THP guys want to play in the area, I am available. Hope to play a few rounds while I am up there if the weather permits.

patriotcoach;n8907733 said:
Going to be in Kalkaska from October 3 thru 18. If any locals of the area or other THP guys want to play in the area, I am available. Hope to play a few rounds while I am up there if the weather permits.

That should work for me. Hopefully we can get at least one round in together!

we played Redhawk today. What a neat course, a lot of character, the greens were a little slow for us, all in all we enjoyed the course.

Redhawk and West Branch CC are my favorites in that area, neat design and great greens!

You're always welcome to stop by the house and see the family. And golf of course.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nice that the Michigan Hackers thread, finally started working on my phone again. I feel im really out of the loop.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back