Michigan hackers, check in here

Haha good luck with that. Sold out all over
I know it!

I did find a course that is selling the clicgear 4.0, but I don't really want to spend $300 on a push cart that I don't know how long I'll actually use it.

Can’t wait to get out tomorrow. Played one round day after xmas. Besides that haven’t golfed since october.

I know it!

I did find a course that is selling the clicgear 4.0, but I don't really want to spend $300 on a push cart that I don't know how long I'll actually use it.
Bit the bullet on a carry bag from Dick’s since golf galaxy is running 20% off and I could get it immediately.

Got a tee time today at Hickory Hill to test out the new bag as well. Never played there but I’m hoping for a good experience.

I went out and played 9 holes at Grandview. It wasn't pretty! 4 balls sliced Into the Woods right off the bat on the first tee. I really struggled but it was nice to be out there and it was good exercise. Not a soul on the course as it is not open yet.

First COVIDian Law Rules round set for Friday afternoon, I'm actually excited to play this course while not being 3 sheets to the wind for once. maybe I can score better than 100 :ROFLMAO:

First COVIDian Law Rules round set for Friday afternoon, I'm actually excited to play this course while not being 3 sheets to the wind for once. maybe I can score better than 100 :ROFLMAO:
Nice! I've been out twice so far and it's definitely different not going out to the course with a minimum of a 6-pack. Where you playing?

Nice! I've been out twice so far and it's definitely different not going out to the course with a minimum of a 6-pack. Where you playing?
Green Oaks. A muni in Ypsi.

I got out and played Thorneapple Pointe Sunday. Body definitely wasn't used to carrying for a round. I was sore...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Shout out to @wubears71 for bringing this up about his state in another thread....

My playing partner has Parkinson's. Our course just opened and he texted yesterday that when we play, he might have to skip some holes as he is limited to how much he can walk. So I sent an email to the Director of the course asking if there was an exception in the Governor's order for physically impaired. There is.

This is what he sent to me....

EO 2020-59: Are golf courses allowed to be open?
Yes, subject to strict conditions as required by this order and Executive Order 2020-43, governing places of public accommodation. Tee times must be scheduled and payments must be made in advance, online or by phone. Tee times must be spaced to avoid multiple foursomes from clustering or gathering at any stage of the course, and players must remain six feet from one another at all times. Maintenance workers and groundskeepers can come to work to maintain the safety and sanitation of the course, but neither the course nor its workers may provide goods, supplies, equipment, or services to golfers on premises. Accordingly, caddies, starters, and golf carts may not be provided, and clubhouses, pro shops, driving ranges, and miniature golf courses must remain closed. The order, however, does not prohibit a golf course from arranging for an accommodation for a golfer with a disability who requires one under state or federal law; confirmation of and arrangements for any such necessary accommodation must be carried out with the course in advance, online or by phone. Food and beverage may be sold for takeout, but may not otherwise be served to golfers. Under the order, all work must be carried out remotely to the greatest extent possible, and any in-person work that is permitted must be done in accordance with the mitigation measures required under section 11 of the order—including the heightened social-distancing rules required under section 11(h).

I'm not sure if it means one can simply claim a disability if they don't feel like walking, or if some sort of proof is required. My guess is that the course doesn't care one way or the other since carts generate revenue.

Personally, I like to walk even on the hottest days and years when there is no pandemic:sneaky:. But I thought this info might come in handy for the rest of the Michiganders.

@JonMA1 i am happy that my post helped. Generally speaking, businesses are not allowed to ask for proof of a disability (think all the people that use Preboard on SW) so, stating you have an issue requiring a cart should be enough. Questioning it can open up a potential discrimination issue.

@JonMA1 also, the GM at my course is overweight. Being a fat ass is reason enough to get a cart because there is no way he could walk the course. His words, not mine. 🤣🤣😂

The golf course I went to that I mentioned above, handed out carts only to those that had a handicap sticker or plate on their car.

I stopped by sanctuary Lake Troy, Monday to see if I could take a cart go play nine holes. He said the only way he could let me use a cart was if I had a doctors statement claiming a physical handicap. I haven't got that document, although I have a surgically-repaired right ankle that doesn't allow me to walk the course. I am 65 with arthritis in my right ankle after surgery 15 years ago which makes it difficult to walk that far. Sort of a bummer but I think I'll just wait till I am allowed to use a cart to play whenever that may be?

Moose Ridge in South Lyon is letting carts out, no doctor's note required. Any course that tells a 65 y/o guy he needs a doctor's note would never see a dime of my money again.

Moose Ridge in South Lyon is letting carts out, no doctor's note required. Any course that tells a 65 y/o guy he needs a doctor's note would never see a dime of my money again.
I appreciate your post, it supports my position. I agree, being 65 years old and needing a doctor's permit is sort of BS to me. I have played Moose Ridge before but it is sort of a long way from me.

Im going to be on the Eastside this weekend, anyone up for a round of golf?

Im going to be on the Eastside this weekend, anyone up for a round of golf?

Bummer, headed up to the lake the next couple weekends

Bummer, headed up to the lake the next couple weekends
No problem, should be great lake weather for you.

I am heading up to Kalkaska for my annual guy trip. We will be playing Grandview GC. Wednesday thru Saturday. Ready to get out of Ohio and enjoy God's country in Northern Michigan. (Best golf anywhere!)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am heading up to Kalkaska for my annual guy trip. We will be playing Grandview GC. Wednesday thru Saturday. Ready to get out of Ohio and enjoy God's country in Northern Michigan. (Best golf anywhere!)

Shoot, we are going to be headed out of town Thursday for a camping trip. I'm bummed to miss playing golf with you.

Im looking to play Saturday if you have an opening.

Back