Michigan hackers, check in here

I am up for a game this Saturday if anyone has plans to play! I may also want to play on Sunday too! :)

It's about an hour drive but what time you thinking on playing! I may go anyway cause I have never played that course before! :)

Feel free to PM me to chat about it if you want! Thx.

How would you feel about Sunday morning at Caberfae? If you’re up in TC that might be a bit of a drive.

Well me and Jon ended up playing this morning at The Dunes in Empire! It's a nice course and I like it but it is hard packed on the fairways especially on the sides of the fairways. There is no rough, you are either in the fairway or the woods on either side! The slightly left and slightly right shots to the fairway usually lead to the ball bouncing into the woods! lol

Thx for joining me for the round Jon and hope to do it again!

Anybody play westwynd lately? Unique course that is a good challenge. The greens were in great shape and difficult, I think I three-putted about five times yesterday. There were several shots that you have to hit over water or swamp to get to the green. 15 hc, shot 89.

Anybody play westwynd lately? Unique course that is a good challenge. The greens were in great shape and difficult, I think I three-putted about five times yesterday. There were several shots that you have to hit over water or swamp to get to the green. 15 hc, shot 89.

I haven't gotten there yet this year. The greens are always a challenge.

Nope not a fan of that course at all.

Heading to Grand Rapids today to play all weekend with my mate for our birthdays, hoping to sneak into Thousand Oaks & maybe Pilgrim's run. anywhere else around GRR that we should consider?

Played Katke Cousins at OU the other day, and man, course is in fantastic shape. Really fun test and they’ve improved a lot of the holes with their event watershed remodel.

Has anyone ventured north across the bridge to play in the UP this month? I know winter supposedly lingered longer than normal up there this year so I'm hoping to learn how the courses are coming in to gauge how soon to travel up this year. My UP relatives aren't golfers. Thanks.

Alright, who is planning on playing this weekend. I am for some rounds as I haven't been out much lately! In TC or surrounding areas!

Hey Michiganders, your old friend Space Bandito will be in your great state from 7/1 thru who knows when (at least 3 or 4 weeks.) I'll be staying in the no man's land between Saugatuck and Holland. Will have a car, but can't go TOOOO far on account of obligations.

Anyone wanna get together?

Hey Michiganders, your old friend Space Bandito will be in your great state from 7/1 thru who knows when (at least 3 or 4 weeks.) I'll be staying in the no man's land between Saugatuck and Holland. Will have a car, but can't go TOOOO far on account of obligations.

Bringing the sticks ?

For those playing in the Grand Rapids area... Cedar Chase is a good choice. Great value, tough track. Don't be put off by the tiny clubhouse. Thornapple Pointe is solid. I think 9, 10, and 18 keep it from being great. If you can get on LE Kaufman, you won't regret it. Quail Ridge is pretty good. The Meadows, on the campus of Grand Valley State, is a really decent design on a relatively featureless piece of ground. The Mines, just west of downtown is tricky and quirky and (IMO) overpriced for what it is. However, when you learn the history of the location, you realize that nothing else could have been built there.

Saugatuck/Holland area... drop down to Hawkshead near South Haven.

Also, went to Forest Dunes on Monday and Tuesday. For those who have not experienced the Loop, I recommend it. Doak design. Plays clockwise one day, counterclockwise the next, using the same 18 greens.

Played Bluffs & Peaks at Boulder Point today. Never pulled the driver, and gave myself a ton of par opportunities, but I couldn't pitch or chip to save my life. It was if I had completely forgotten how. Course was in good shape with the fairways offering up a fair bit of roll.

I live in Grand Rapids and im around all week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Heading to Grand Rapids today to play all weekend with my mate for our birthdays, hoping to sneak into Thousand Oaks & maybe Pilgrim's run. anywhere else around GRR that we should consider?
Im in GR and can get on Thousand Oaks.

For those playing in the Grand Rapids area... Cedar Chase is a good choice. Great value, tough track. Don't be put off by the tiny clubhouse. Thornapple Pointe is solid. I think 9, 10, and 18 keep it from being great. If you can get on LE Kaufman, you won't regret it. Quail Ridge is pretty good. The Meadows, on the campus of Grand Valley State, is a really decent design on a relatively featureless piece of ground. The Mines, just west of downtown is tricky and quirky and (IMO) overpriced for what it is. However, when you learn the history of the location, you realize that nothing else could have been built there.

Saugatuck/Holland area... drop down to Hawkshead near South Haven.

Cedar is a great course and a great value. TP is great 9,10 maybe but how can you hate on 18? Kaufman is great but why couldn't you get on? Quail Ridge is nice but by far the slowest course in West Michigan. The Meadows is Meh, I agree there isn't much out there from a land perspective. I personally dont like the Mines, overpriced, no Alcohol and not open Sundays. I would say if you are keeping it in the area Diamond Springs is super great track (no Alcohol, but whatever).
Thousand Oaks is probably the nicest course in Grand Rapids.

If in Holland I enjoy Macatawa Legends, and Saugatuck has the Ravines which i personally hate but a lot of people love.

Michigan THPers,

I will be venturing up to Michigan on Friday. Anyone want to play Forest Dunes at 3:12 pm on Friday, July 3? There is one spot left in the group. I don't know the other two as I booked through the site and two slots were filled up. Or we could grab a separate tee time?

Let me know! Excited to play this Top 100.

jsp, TP #18 is just a short dog leg right with a tree in the middle. Meh. But they are constrained by the railroad. We agree on the rest. Kaufman has been booked solid every time I have called this year.

[QUOTE="Nate
I will be venturing up to Michigan on Friday. Anyone want to play Forest Dunes at 3:12 pm on Friday, July 3? There is one spot left in the group. I don't know the other two as I booked through the site and two slots were filled up. Or we could grab a separate tee time?

Let me know! Excited to play this Top 100.[/QUOTE]I could be down im off work, so if you need a 4th let me know.

Back