Michigan hackers, check in here

Played The Crooked Tree in Petoskey today with @dthogey ! This is the first time for me playing it and it is a very nice course! I didn't shoot great but not too bad for not playing in awhile! Scored a 44 and 45 so I guess I am happy I kept it under 90. :)

No birdies, no triples and just 3 doubles! The rest were bogies or pars.

We played the Orange tees at 6134 yds. Rating 70.2 and Slope 133
What a great day with Lil Mike! I'll tell you what, crooked tree has some serious character to it with some awesome views!

20200830_102252.jpg20200830_102252.jpg

Attachments

• 20200830_114653.jpg
    20200830_114653.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone played The Dream or The Nightmare near West Branch? I'm probably heading up next week to play Red Hawk in Tawas and am looking for another course or two within driving distance. Or if you can recommend something else close by it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My buddy and I played Birchwood farms in the morning yesterday, what a great course, I shot a 77 from the combo t's. Our afternoon round took us to Boyne Highlands, we played the moor course. I really fell apart in the afternoon. I shot an 88. I had a terrible time getting off the tee because my swing reverted back to the old David with an improper weight shift and reverse C. I had the biggest slice that I've seen in a long time!

The moor course was OK. Not up to the resort type of boyne golf that I remember. Some bad patches in a couple of the fairways and many areas of rough were in terrible shape. We ended up using the 1st T card which got us on for $30. It is well worth that.

The Moore is my least favorite of the 4 at Boyne Highlands. Arthur Hills and the Heather are far better in my opinion.

Has anyone played The Dream or The Nightmare near West Branch? I'm probably heading up next week to play Red Hawk in Tawas and am looking for another course or two within driving distance. Or if you can recommend something else close by it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I played the dream a few years back. I enjoyed it. I have heard about The Nightmare and it suppose to be tougher than The Dream. They run a package to play both. I recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Both good courses. If you play them both they run a deal. I personally prefer the Nightmare if you are picking just one. Also they are BYOB they don’t sell booze and will even give you a cooler if that interests you.

Has anybody recently taken lessons at Carl's Golfland? I had a lesson there the other day and was quite pleased.

Has anybody recently taken lessons at Carl's Golfland? I had a lesson there the other day and was quite pleased.
Never took lessons over there. Only ever used their range and purchased too much stuff.

Last place I got lessons was at SwingTek. Really liked Bill and need to get back in there. Tried recently but couldn't get through and their voicemail was full. Hopefully they're back up and running.

Yes I've take one there and was happy with the experience. Didn't go back because Covid hit right after. I saw Joe and he was great.

I worked with Joe a lot over the winter and rebuilt my swing. He's awesome.

So I've been away for a while, (no surprise there) but being furloughed for six months has allowed me to get my game back in shape. For the first time in years I finally feel like I'm playing golf instead of hacking at a ball with a stick. Now if only I could stop three-putting......

Anyway, my regular playing partners have all called it for the season. Anyone want to join me for a round sometime next week?

I worked with Joe a lot over the winter and rebuilt my swing. He's awesome.
My swing has fallen apart midsummer so I decided to go get some help , and decided on Carl's Golfland, and the teacher's name was Gene Bone. I really like his approach and my swing really needed some help in many spots. He helped with grip, posture, stance, alignment, and I think what helped the most was my swing plane correction. I was coming a bit over the top outside in and he helped me with that. Nice guy, a bit pricey, but I feel it was worth it. I'm thinking about getting a four half-hour lesson package over the course of the winter so I can be ready for spring time next year. Wintertime will give me a chance to work on what he teaches.

Speaking of lessons.... just registered for an hour session over at Golf Tech in Novi with Dennis Kitchen. Anyone have any experience with them/him?

Speaking of lessons.... just registered for an hour session over at Golf Tech in Novi with Dennis Kitchen. Anyone have any experience with them/him?
Had my lesson, great experience with a lot of knowledge shared. Instantly picked up on what I was doing incorrectly with my swing and worked me through some drills to help me correct my issues. I'd recommend if you're in the area. I'm sure I'll be back for more instruction throughout the winter.

Had my lesson, great experience with a lot of knowledge shared. Instantly picked up on what I was doing incorrectly with my swing and worked me through some drills to help me correct my issues. I'd recommend if you're in the area. I'm sure I'll be back for more instruction throughout the winter.
Glad you had a good experience. Personally I am not a fan of Golf Tec

If you haven’t played Apple Mountain in Freeland you should check it out. Some nice views including this signature hole and their greens are lightning quick. Was fun to play

7165AF53-A6B8-4538-AD35-884C166165AD.jpeg

Pretty course there.

Glad you had a good experience. Personally I am not a fan of Golf Tec
I wasn't the biggest fan of their setup, but the instruction was good. They could definitely utilize some upgrades.

Played Garland (Monarch & Reflections) this past weekend for the first time. I was really impressed. Wanted to play Swampfire but they told us that they didn't have room for our group (17 ppl). Courses were in great condition, scenery was awesome and didn't see many people out. Couldn't have had better weather either.

Not individual lessons (yet?), but took a beginner's and intermediate class. Was pleased with the beginner's class. Not so much with the intermediate. Seems just about everybody else in my intermediate class had either not taken the beginner's class at all, or had done so a long time previously, so he essentially ended-up teaching the beginner's class all over again. At least I got the reinforcement and more range time out of it though.

I'm thinking of arranging for a private lesson or two on hitting out of the bunker.

Anyway...

Fellow Michiganian, here. Oakland County "Interlakes" area. So far I've played White Lake Oaks (front nine, twice), Indian Springs, Highland Hills, and Pontiac Country Club.

Played Garland (Monarch & Reflections) this past weekend for the first time. I was really impressed. Wanted to play Swampfire but they told us that they didn't have room for our group (17 ppl). Courses were in great condition, scenery was awesome and didn't see many people out. Couldn't have had better weather either.
Love monarch, swamp fire and fountains. Didn’t like the front nine of reflections

Our foursome played Fieldstone today, and it was in very good shape. The greens were rolling very fast and true, and the course was a challenge as usual.

Our foursome played Fieldstone today, and it was in very good shape. The greens were rolling very fast and true, and the course was a challenge as usual.
I have a group golfer that I need to use there before the month is over. Glad to hear that it's still in good shape.

Just a Michigander teeing it up at Torrey Pines North.
cb656669126e6a13ec751e3f11dfd5bb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if any courses will still be open for this weekend around here by Traverse City? It is suppose to be nice weather!

I wonder if any courses will still be open for this weekend around here by Traverse City? It is suppose to be nice weather!

If my knee wasn’t all messed up, I would play up there if open.
I’ll be up that way for work a bunch in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back