Michigan hackers, check in here

Anyone get out yet? Weather has not been great for early spring golf.
I hear a couple of courses have opened early up here but I've been too busy to make any calls. I think we have 2 more weeks before they really start opening in Northern Michigan. I'm surprised the courses downstate aren't open. Some have opened in West Michigan.

I got out to Oxford Hills on Sunday. Course was in decent shape, greens were slow and bumpy.

I’m heading out this afternoon to play 9! First real golf of the year. It was my boss’ idea to have our connect meeting while playing golf.

The sacrifices we make for our jobs…😁

Anyone up for Arcadia Bluffs on 4/30 or 5/1? I am flying back to the US for a couple of days, and will swing by Western Michigan. Have one guy in already, but would love to make it a group.

Anyone up for Arcadia Bluffs on 4/30 or 5/1? I have flying back to the US for a couple of days, and will swing by Western Michigan. Have one guy in already, but would love to make it a group.

I wish man. I won’t be back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got about 15-20 rounds in so far this year. Perks of traveling for work

When do you come back? I am heading back to London on the 7th as of now, but that could change.

Not until the end of May. I’m doing a Golf road trip leaving May 17th. Playing Bandon Dunes, Sheeps Ranch, Pacific Dunes, Chambers Bay, Oxbow CC (#1 in ND), and Erin Hills.

Got out and played 9 at Lyon Oaks yesterday. I was very impressed with the course conditions. Played practically like it was mid season.

Interlochen golf course was in good shape as well yesterday. The greens seemed to be at normal speed. Usually they are very slow early in the season. Honestly it wouldn’t have mattered. It was just so nice to be playing again.

Best course within an hour of Cadillac MI? We go up every year for father's day and I want to give my FIL and my wife's uncle a cool round outside of their normal rounds.

Arcadia Bluffs is a bit over an hour away but is a top 100 public course in the US.

Crystal Mountain (mountain ridge course) is within an hour. I’ve only ever played the Betsie River course at CM but I understand the Mountain course has some beautiful holes.

Arcadia Bluffs is a bit over an hour away but is a top 100 public course in the US.

Crystal Mountain (mountain ridge course) is within an hour. I’ve only ever played the Betsie River course at CM but I understand the Mountain course has some beautiful holes.

Dont forget arcadia south. Fantastic links course. I believe my son hit 5 sand traps on 1 hole when we played. Very fun

Crystal- mountain ridge is a nice course. They did major renovations to the Betsie last year that are supposed to open things up/make it more playable. I will be playing both in August.

Has anyone played Stoatin Brae recently? I'm looking at some extra rounds in mid-June and trying to decide between Stoatin and Eagle Eye. I've played Eagle Eye numerous times, so I know exactly what I'm getting into. Stupid me started looking at reviews and Stoatin seems to be 50/50. If it's worthwhile I'd add it to my list as I enjoy new courses. I'm taking a couple of buddies so I don't want to disappoint them.

Has anyone played Stoatin Brae recently? I'm looking at some extra rounds in mid-June and trying to decide between Stoatin and Eagle Eye. I've played Eagle Eye numerous times, so I know exactly what I'm getting into. Stupid me started looking at reviews and Stoatin seems to be 50/50. If it's worthwhile I'd add it to my list as I enjoy new courses. I'm taking a couple of buddies so I don't want to disappoint them.
I played it 3 years ago and loved it.
Eagle Eye is also a great course.

I played Stoatin Brae last year and it was a fun track. Greens were very hard so I couldn't get anything to stick. Very open but lots of tall grasses. Awesome view from the clubhouse to get drinks or a meal after the round. Overall a nice course, but don't know if it was worth the price they commanded, but it is also not my preferred type of course. Amenities/Staff were all very pleasant.

Got in a cold windy damp round up in Marquette a couple days ago. Played the Heritage course (sister course to Greywalls). We were pleasantly surprised by just how robust the grasses were already considering how recently winter ended there. Perfect looking firm fast greens and fairways. A cousin from down near Detroit joined us and mentioned all the courses she'd played back home were in awesome condition already too. Yet way down here in Southern Missouri it takes many courses 4ever to get into prime conditions.

Will be up that way Father's Day weekend/week. Cadillac, MI area my FIL didn't want to play any new courses so his home course will be our round while I am there. Its short but fun.

Not sure if you played already. But I recommend Stoatin for sure and that area in general. I played Stoatin three times last year and its just a fun track. I will say, the back 9 is 3x better than the front however. Definitely a different experience than the typical Michigan courses. There is one tree on the entire course....I of course ended up behind it 2 of the 3 times I played it.

The real upside however is the other golf in the area. They are all apart of the Gull lake view "collection", which includes Gull lake east and west, stonehedge north and south, bedford valley and stoatin brae. They are all within about 15-20 min drive of each other.

Stonehedge north was a fantastic course and probably my favorite out of all of them, but its definitely typical Michigan, tree lined and nestled cul-de-sac holes. Beautiful nevertheless. Stonehedge south is decidedly worse, but it has 6 par 3s, 6 par 4s and 6 par 5s...so it was pretty fun and interesting to play.

Played with the father in law today here in Cadillac. Fun times. Hope next time I am up.i can get to Arcadia bluffs or tree tops since they play both yearly.

Was talking to a few of you a while back so thought id share.
Did our annual trip July 5th-8th. Played: American Dunes, The Ravines, Hawkshead Links, Harbor Shores.

Dunes - incredible albeit expensive ($185).
Ravines - helluva course for only $50. Great back nine.
Hawkshead - Very Good course for only $55. We stayed onsite at the Goldenhawk cottages. Highly recommend these for a buddies trip.
Harbor Shores - very pretty course, perfectly maintained...and the hardest course i've ever played in my life. No clue how the Seniors shoot -19 there when they host the Senior PGA championship. Greens are so cruel in places.

Was talking to a few of you a while back so thought id share.
Did our annual trip July 5th-8th. Played: American Dunes, The Ravines, Hawkshead Links, Harbor Shores.

Dunes - incredible albeit expensive ($185).
Ravines - helluva course for only $50. Great back nine.
Hawkshead - Very Good course for only $55. We stayed onsite at the Goldenhawk cottages. Highly recommend these for a buddies trip.
Harbor Shores - very pretty course, perfectly maintained...and the hardest course i've ever played in my life. No clue how the Seniors shoot -19 there when they host the Senior PGA championship. Greens are so cruel in places.

You should have messaged I would have gotten out to play.

American Dunes is very overpriced IMO. That course was better before the redesign.
The Ravines has a couple cool holes. What shape was it in? I swear that course is always wet when I go out there.
I love Hawkshead it’s a fun layout and has plenty of different holes
Harbor Shores is a no joke golf course. Personally I just don’t find it a fun course to play. Way to many blind tee shots and like you said those greens are ridiculous.

You should have messaged I would have gotten out to play.

American Dunes is very overpriced IMO. That course was better before the redesign.
The Ravines has a couple cool holes. What shape was it in? I swear that course is always wet when I go out there.
I love Hawkshead it’s a fun layout and has plenty of different holes
Harbor Shores is a no joke golf course. Personally I just don’t find it a fun course to play. Way to many blind tee shots and like you said those greens are ridiculous.

I have a VERY hard time believing that American dunes was better before the redesign.
Ravines was a little wet but it had rained hard the night prior to our morning round. Our second nine seemed fine.
Harbor shores was very fun to play once. I wouldnt want to get my ass kicked like that on a regular basis though.

Back