Michigan hackers, check in here

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
This thread will hopefully serve as a gathering place for us Michiganders to let each other know where everyone is from, favorite courses, gatherings, banter, etc.

CJ here from just west of saginaw, definitely a high handicapper.
Will be starting lessons soon.
Too bad seasons pretty much over here, looking forward to next season!

Just call me...Barb

Not from Michigan, but thought I would jack your thread with a "hello" Barb!

hi barb! I don't live in Michigan anymore, but I went to U of M. I want to play the UM course again next season (haven't done it since I was a student) so hopefully a couple of THPers will want to join me.

Just had to check in to see that awesome avatar of yours CJ! Get used to it. Going to be there until next spring....

What up CJ! Yup golf season is done here in michigan for sure. Hopefully next year we can get together again.

Ugh hate seeing that Red Sox logo. Did you lose a bet?

As much as this pains me, it pains me less to say this. GO Cardinals. Gross.

What up CJ! Yup golf season is done here in michigan for sure. Hopefully next year we can get together again.

Ugh hate seeing that Red Sox logo. Did you lose a bet?

As much as this pains me, it pains me less to say this. GO Cardinals. Gross.

I sure did lose a bet.

One last golf hurrah this Sunday down in Ohio.
Hopefully all is well.

Just call me...Barb

Hey Michigan people! Snowing up here in the UP, and today my new Mizuno MP-68s will arrive in the mail. What a tease.

I live in the Sault, travel down to Grand Rapids often to play The Meadows (Grand Valleys course), where my brother works. Supposed to play in a 3 man there next weekend, we will see how that goes. I would love to get together with some other THPers. I am a consistent low 80's golfer on most days.

From Shelby Twp. I believe that jdtox and I played a round at Copper Hills two years ago.

A fellow lefty too I see, AH! Nice.

Hey baby draw barb. Another Michigan dweller ( I won't say michigander as I'm an Ohioan) but I live in Grand Rapids and try and golf as much as possible.

PS: layer up and go golf. Golf season isn't over until snow covers the ground lol.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Tyler (Pluffster and Pluffy are also acceptable, but last name usually is what I go by) here from Monroe, Michigan. I'll play any course for a decent price (thanks student loans!) as long as it's a good time. Michigan needs more presence on here, for a state top 10 in number of golf courses, let's get more people. THP is awesome!!!!!

Tyler (Pluffster and Pluffy are also acceptable, but last name usually is what I go by) here from Monroe, Michigan. I'll play any course for a decent price (thanks student loans!) as long as it's a good time. Michigan needs more presence on here, for a state top 10 in number of golf courses, let's get more people. THP is awesome!!!!!

Exactly Tyler!
Plus Mikedean says there's only 5 of us in the State.

Michigan NEEDS active members of THP!

Just call me...Barb

The lack of Michigan members is kinda depressing. I guess mike was right.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Anyone want to golf this Friday? I'm taking the day off but don't know where I want to play yet.

Can't make it, hopefully you can hook up for a round though.

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Any Michigan hackers want to play Cherry Creek Monday morning? I'll treat just so I hopefully won't have to play solo.

Any Michigan hackers want to play Cherry Creek Monday morning? I'll treat just so I hopefully won't have to play solo.

Wish I could but I have to work. Why my golf course has me working this late in the season is beyond me.

What time are you thinking?

I may come down.....

Just call me...Barb

Tee off at 10:00. Then head home to fill another 20 yard waste bags with leaves.

Tee off at 10:00. Then head home to fill another 20 yard waste bags with leaves.

How soon do you have to know for sure?

Just call me...Barb

I'm from mid michigan also, just west of sagnasty

Just call me...Barb

Cool to have a Michigander group forum!!! I grew-up in Ypsilanti, graduated Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard in '87, went to Kalamazoo College my Freshman year, then moved South. I miss home! I miss the seasons and I miss all the golf courses around Ann Arbor- Leslie Park, Huron Hills, Green Oaks, Washtenaw CC, Barton Hills, AACC, Fox Hills, and all the Metroparks Courses!!! I grew-up learning at Pat's Par 3, which is now Miles of Golf. My Dad took me to Green Oaks all the time when he coached Ypsi's golf team, and we spent many a late summer's eve squeezing in a quick 9 at Hickory Woods! Kalamazoo students had discounts at a great course in town, I just can't remember the name of the course. Anyway. I miss golfing back home- the hills, the grass, playing until 9pm in the summer, then sledding on the courses in the winter. Anyway. Waxing nostalgia!

Back