Michigan hackers, check in here

Anyone playing in the Bockwurst Open at Forest Dunes on Oct. 12? Played a few years ago and it was fun and was able to make it work this year. Fingers crossed on the weather!

Anyone playing in the Bockwurst Open at Forest Dunes on Oct. 12? Played a few years ago and it was fun and was able to make it work this year. Fingers crossed on the weather!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CJ! Hope all is well with you!

Glad to be back in the thread!!! Still haven’t had the pleasure of meeting up with any of you as yet but I cannot wait to!

Glad to be back in the thread!!! Still haven’t had the pleasure of meeting up with any of you as yet but I cannot wait to!

Im here in GR if you want to meet up sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Going to be in Kalkaska this weekend if anyone in atea wants to play. I am willing to meet up anywhere within an hour or so of Kalkaska. I usually play at Grandview when i am up there. Aying in 50-60 degree weather will be different since it has been in the 80's for two weeks in Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kalkaska area hackers. I am thinking of playing Grandview on Sunday. If anyone is interested, I will call and get a tee time tomorrow. Otherwise I will just go out when I get the urge.

I had 3 great days of golf at Grandview. Beautiful course and the course condition was tremendous even with aerated greens.
53b0ba810466413bc8bb87cd28a52a6a.jpg
cd11cab4a53b29730e401c456da5524f.jpg
4cd8c128022cc8b5eaca713c9d6ca4ba.jpg
d94b31fb9d01def31565a4b1aac35adb.jpg
aecd1c95fd818829fbd1caa0fa934cf5.jpg

Hey everyone! Thought I'd rejoin here. Golf hasn't been the same without you guys in it. Hope all is well!

I had 3 great days of golf at Grandview. Beautiful course and the course condition was tremendous even with aerated greens.
53b0ba810466413bc8bb87cd28a52a6a.jpg
cd11cab4a53b29730e401c456da5524f.jpg
4cd8c128022cc8b5eaca713c9d6ca4ba.jpg
d94b31fb9d01def31565a4b1aac35adb.jpg
aecd1c95fd818829fbd1caa0fa934cf5.jpg

So sorry i missed you coach! I forgot you were coming, I've been off the site for awhile. In hunting mode. I was in Illinois that weekend setting up hunting stands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone plays The Golf Club 2019, but someone did a course recreation of Arcadia Bluffs, supposedly using LIDAR data to map it. I'm going to give it a go on my sim soon, but wondering if anyone that has played it could compare.

I don't know if anyone plays The Golf Club 2019, but someone did a course recreation of Arcadia Bluffs, supposedly using LIDAR data to map it. I'm going to give it a go on my sim soon, but wondering if anyone that has played it could compare.

What is your sim setup again?

And no - I've never played Ardcadia Bluffs - it's on my TO DO list though

What is your sim setup again?

And no - I've never played Ardcadia Bluffs - it's on my TO DO list though

I have a gc2 and the golf club 2019 simulator version in my office.
06a1b35a12917a866e8618df7e132891.jpg

So is this thread basically dead now?

?????? ⚰

Maybe the Ohio Hackers will let me in. Go Buckeyes!

Seriously, I wish I'd found this thread sooner. Regarding your question about Arcadia Bluffs @rbarthle17 , I played the original course in 2018. What is it you need to know?

Nah, it's just dead outside. But I'm trying to talk myself into playing on Sunday

It's in hibernation until April. 8 inches of snow on November 10 will do that....

Its not dead but this thread has always been kind of slow. Winter doesn't help matters either.

Nah, it's just dead outside. But I'm trying to talk myself into playing on Sunday

We got a relatively warm rainy day up here in Mesick and a lot of the snow is gone. I'm considering playing in Missaukee Saturday. It's supposed to get up above 40°. The course is closed but I'll get permission to play if there's no frost on the greens. If I'm able to get out, that'll be it for the year.

It's a toss up between freezing my butt off in the woods hoping a buck will magically show up, or freezing my butt off on a golf course hoping something similar to a game of golf will magically show up. Of course, there's always the Lions - Redskins game on Sunday.

Tough choices... none of them very promising.

We got a relatively warm rainy day up here in Mesick and a lot of the snow is gone. I'm considering playing in Missaukee Saturday. It's supposed to get up above 40°. The course is closed but I'll get permission to play if there's no frost on the greens. If I'm able to get out, that'll be it for the year.

It's a toss up between freezing my butt off in the woods hoping a buck will magically show up, or freezing my butt off on a golf course hoping something similar to a game of golf will magically show up. Of course, there's always the Lions - Redskins game on Sunday.

Tough choices... none of them very promising.

Getting a round in near December up there seems like quite the feat. I plan on taking a trip up there to Northern Dragway this next year. Maybe I'll have to sneak a round in that weekend.

Getting a round in near December up there seems like quite the feat. I plan on taking a trip up there to Northern Dragway this next year. Maybe I'll have to sneak a round in that weekend.
Once every couple of years I can get out but most of the courses close at the end of October. I’ve got to wear blaze orange this time of year because some of the courses are surrounded by public land. Apparently there are hunters out there who cannot tell the difference between a human and a deer.
If you do make it up here next year and are looking for a playing partner, let me know.

Once every couple of years I can get out but most of the courses close at the end of October. I’ve got to wear blaze orange this time of year because some of the courses are surrounded by public land. Apparently there are hunters out there who cannot tell the difference between a human and a deer.
If you do make it up here next year and are looking for a playing partner, let me know.
Will do, it's been a while since I've been up there. My dad owned property just off of Tippy Dam, used to spend a buncha time up that way.

Back