Mid Launch Driver Shaft

donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Whats your poison? I am looking for a mid launch. I have a Blue Even Flow in my PXG. Launch is too low...looking for ideas

I have a Diamana zf which is billed a mid launch shaft. So far have only hit on a simulator but love the feel and seems fairly low soon and mid launch. Not to mention but it looks unreal in person

I had good performance out of my Aldila VS Protos that I used for a while. I think I have a 60S and maybe a 70S. If you're interested I'll look and send one your way.

Another vote for VS proto
I have a hard time kicking this out of the bag.........still do from time to time just to experiment but I put it back in the bag in short order every time and some of those shafts cost 4 times what I paid for the VS

I would consider EvenFlow Blue a mid to mid/high launching shaft. If you like that shaft but just not enough launch, see if you can find the EvenFlow Max Carry(red) that is similar but with a softer tip for a little more launch.

A shaft change is unlikely to get you much more if any additional launch especially since you are already in a mid launch. Best way to increase launch is to loft up the driver. Also pay attention to your impact point on the face and make sure you are making contact on the upper half of the face.

Back