Mineral Wells, Tx

superhawk

Reaction score
Handicap
me
Hey peeps. I'll be moving to Mineral Wells, Tx in a couple of weeks and want to know if any of you know of places around that area to go to. And do you know of driving ranges and practice areas?

I know there is one county club right in town, its about two blocks from where I'll be living, but I don't know if they let the public play there or not.

Thanks.

There is a guy at work that is from there......I'll ask and get back with ya.

Thanks.

It is so tough the Jr Tour left playing there, but I bet NATE could tame it.:D

That place is plain stupid hard, tightest fairways I've ever seen. Mineral Wells huh? You poor soul....I kid I kid. Your best bet is going to be Weatherford, they have 3 courses there and its not a bad drive, heard some good things about Sugar Tree. A little bit farther and you have a few at Willow Parks and one or 2 are each of the lakes that should be with in an hour's drive of you. I ahve no idea though if they are Public, Semi or full Private though. Your not too far from the Metroplex either so DFW golf days are very possible :)

That place is plain stupid hard, tightest fairways I've ever seen. Mineral Wells huh? You poor soul....I kid I kid. Your best bet is going to be Weatherford, they have 3 courses there and its not a bad drive, heard some good things about Sugar Tree. A little bit farther and you have a few at Willow Parks and one or 2 are each of the lakes that should be with in an hour's drive of you. I ahve no idea though if they are Public, Semi or full Private though. Your not too far from the Metroplex either so DFW golf days are very possible :)

Believe me, I'd stay in TN if I could but we have to help out the wife's parents so they don't go to the "old folks home"....LOL. It's all good though because I LOVE my in-laws and family. Very fun.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming everybody.

Mineral Wells is home of Chicken Express!! Or Chicken E as we call it.
Love me some chicken express!!!! Best tenders ever! Got nothing from the guy that use to live there. He didn't know about the golf there in MW. I haven't played the cliffs in about 15 years but I do remember those winding fairways. I think I hit a couple of balls in Lake Possum Kingdom though.

When I started playing golf I was living in Tx at the time and on a course with VERY small greens. I didn't realize it at the time but it did wonders for my game. Learning how to handle that wind helped me to manage a course.

When I started playing golf I was living in Tx at the time and on a course with VERY small greens. I didn't realize it at the time but it did wonders for my game. Learning how to handle that wind helped me to manage a course.

You know we have a TX outing in the DFW area in 2 weeks if you want to make one of the rounds....or both?!

You know we have a TX outing in the DFW area in 2 weeks if you want to make one of the rounds....or both?!

Thanks. But I'll still be moving and getting settled in. I'll keep an ear out for future rounds though.

Back