OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I got my kid a new Speedzone driver a few weeks ago. He was gaming an F8 10.5° and moved to a SZ 9°.

I ordered a new headweight for his F8 3wd because he was complaining that it was too light. The weight came and it was for a driver and not a fairway wood. So...

I slapped it into the F8 driver, brought it up to 3wd weight, and stuck my old Aldila Rogue Max 85x shaft in it (trimmed for a 3wd). It came out to 43.5" and he loves it so far.

Mines stuck with his F8+ until I hit it big on a scratch off (or Xmas since I don’t buy many if any).

So he’s not playing it as a 3w is he? I’ve hit mine successfully off the deck about 2/10 times. Second driver? First driver?

Edit: duh-the title. Too many interruptions to my THPing tonight. Go away everyone, I need my golf fix.

I do agree that the F8 3W head feels alittle light. Crap, I might need to look for a heavier weight.

Mines stuck with his F8+ until I hit it big on a scratch off (or Xmas since I don’t buy many if any).

So he’s not playing it as a 3w is he? I’ve hit mine successfully off the deck about 2/10 times. Second driver? First driver?

Edit: duh-the title. Too many interruptions to my THPing tonight. Go away everyone, I need my golf fix.
He hit it off the deck when it was 45". He'll definitely give it a go now if the lie is right.

I've only tried hitting DR off the deck in scrambles with mixed results. Can't see myself doing it in normal stroke play circumstances. I struggle as it is making good contact with the 3w.

I do agree that the F8 3W head feels alittle light. Crap, I might need to look for a heavier weight.
I used lead tape on mine .... probably 4-5 2” long strips.... not pretty but tape has helped consistency.... still have and use but looking to move away from FW to hybrid....

He hit it off the deck when it was 45". He'll definitely give it a go now if the lie is right.

I did it once in 2020. Hit a perfect 30 yard cut to the back right. Had to go around a tree but the known 30 yard cut accounted for that fine.

I’d have never done it except my lie in the rough looked like it was tee’d up. I can only call one other successful balls with a true driver off deck since 2018 and I probably hit 10 of them.

If his success rate is higher than 20% hes got my butt kicked.

Back