Mini Manchester Meet

MikeF

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I played my first round with a fellow THP member - woody140284.

We played on a municipal that was close by to me - Heaton Park.

The weather was wet and rainy for the entire round but it didn't put a dampener on things as I think we both had a great time.

I am going to do my best to recall the round now as I remember it, sorry there are no pics due to the weather and not wanting to get our iPhones wet - hehe

Hole 1 Par 4
Woody teed of first and hit a 3w straight down the middle, chip to the green and holed out for the birdie - 3

I hit Mashie from the tee, followed by a poor Wedge to the left of the green. Chipped on but got no stop. Had a 35-40ft putt that I holed for par - 4

Hole 2 Par 5
Woody hit 3w right into trouble and ended up taking a 7. It was a good 7 though - 7

I played the hole safe with M3 from the tee, followed by a poor 6 and poor 7i. Had to hole a 15ft putt for par - 5

Hole 3 Par 4
I hit M3 from the tee and then hit a solid 6i to the front half of the green. Sadly 3 putts later and it's a bogey - 5

Woody hit 3w, and then pulled his second. Chipped on and 2 putted for bogey - 5

Hole 4 Par 4
M3 from the tee again. followed by a fat 7i. Poor chip into the bunker, splashed out and 2 putts for a double bogey - 6

Woody hit 3w, then a fat Wedge short of the green, a chip and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Hole 5 Par 4
Woody's only poor 2w from the tee followed by a duff 3w into the water led to a triple bogey 7 - 7

I hit M3 followed by a fat 7i. Chip and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Hole 6 Par 3
I hit a solid 8i onto the front of the green but sadly 3 putts for a bogey - 4

Woody hit a PW and a solid 2 putts for a par - 3

Hole 7 Par 5
Woody pull hooks driver onto the 5th fairway, follows up with a 4i over the trees and chip onto the green. Lips out for birdie, Tap in par - 5

I hit Driver to the left side of the fairway. 6i and then chip to the green. 2 Putts for a par - 5

Hole 8 Par 4
Woody hits 3w down the middle, pulls his second slightly left, chips stone dead and a tap in par - 4

I hit 3w down the middle, another fat 7i followed. Chip on and a solid putt for par - 4

Hole 9 Par 3
Woody hits a PW left, chips on and 2 putts for a bogey (The chip deserved a par) - 4

I hit 8i to front edge but my second 3 putt leave me with bogey - 4

Woody - 42
Me - 42

Hole 10 Par 4
Woody hits iron followed by a slightly pulled 6i. Chip on and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

I hit 6i followed by a 6i to the back fringe, chipped it stone dead for a tap in par - 4

Hole 11 Par 3
I hit 4i short, a good chip and solid putt for par followed - 3

Woody hits 5i short left, chips and 2 putts - 4

Hole 12 Par 4
I hit 3w down the middle, pulled a 6i left, Chip and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Woody hits driver right onto the 13th fairway, a great second shot and then 2 putts for a good par - 4

Hole 13 Par 4
woody hits 3w right onto the 12th Fairway, another good shot to the green, His putt shaves the edge leaving a tap in par - 4

I hit 3w down the middle, shanked a SW, chipped on and my par putt shaves the edge of the hole, Tap in Bogey - 5

Hole 14 Par 4
Woody nails a 3w short and right of the green, chips on and 3 putts for a bogey - 5

I hit 3w into the left rough, GW on and lipped the birdie put out, Tap in Par - 4

Hole 15 Par 4
I hit driver followed by a fat 6i. Chipped on and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Woody hits 3w , a fat 7i, Chips on and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Hole 16 Par 3
I hit 4i out of the toe and left it short and right, chipped on and 2 putted for bogey - 4

Woody nails a 5i on to the left part of the green and 2 putts for par - 3

Hole 17 Par 4
Woody hits 3w down the left side, sadly a fat wedge almost rolls back to his feet. Chips on, races first putt past but makes a great putt for bogey - 5

I hit M3 down the right, a GW just short, overhit my chip and 2 putts for a bogey - 5

Hole 18 Par 4
Woody hits 3w onto the front edge of the green (his best shot of the round) but sadly 3 putts for a par - 4

I hit 3w into the right rough, my GW hits the front bank and rolls back, A chip on and a good putt for a Par - 4

Woody - 39
Me - 39

Woody - 81
Me - 81

Really pleased with my 81, didn't really hit the irons well from the fairway, kept hitting them fat. Considering this was Woody's first round here he played great.

We both shaved the hole on numerous occasions for birdies, they just didn't want to drop after the first.

Have to say that Woody hits the ball a mile, I thought I could hit it far but I was nowhere near him most of the time.

We both had a great time out on the course despite the weather and slow play.

Looking forward to the next time we tee it up in hopefully nice conditions

Cheer for the round Carl

Good work Mike, is nice to see a write up of the round!!

Was great to get out with a fellow THPer. Was surprised how well we both scored given the conditions. You hit some great shots today and you're putter was on fire at times!!

Hope to get another game sorted soon and also get together with some more THPers from around the area!

Thanks again!

Sounds like a good time. Great recap of the round.

Love the Euro get together! Glad you guys had a nice time.

Posted via Tapatalk

love the recap Mike!!! Glad you all had a good time.

Next time, weather permitting there will be pics :D

I can't believe we both scored identical 9's for the same total score. I actually felt nervous over the final putt as I knew it was to post the same score

Great recap of the round, glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

I think this may be the 1st THP Euro get together. Well done guys. Good scores. Next time you must take pictures though :)

I think this may be the 1st THP Euro get together. Well done guys. Good scores. Next time you must take pictures though :)

and videos if possible.

Wow, 1st of many I hope :D

Will take piccies next time for sure, would have done so today but for the weather

Sounds like you guys had a good time; thanks for the writeup Mike!

Back