Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Nighthawk117a

Reaction score
Handicap
I am getting really excited for this. I just hope some courses open soon so I can get some practice in.

fairband

#THPLegacy
Reaction score
Handicap
Rumored that a few in Minneapolis are opening tomorrow. Let the games begin!!

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3
Yeah my email has been blowing up today with expected opening dates. I cannot wait, now I have a goal to get my game in shape before this event.

Girardcorp

Reaction score
Handicap
If anything is open near me I'm gonna make a tee time for Saturday. Would it be wrong if I rolled around on the tee box giggling before I tee off?
Nothing at all wrong with that. Sounds like kissing the Tarmac after landing on a bumpy flight....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Love the enthusiasm guys. Let's try to keep the weather or other course talk to the MN/WI thread. I want to keep this one about the event. Thanks.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
You can take me off the list unfortunately after talking to the boss this one just isn't in the cards.

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
Alright, I updated the first post so please double check that I have you set-up for the correct number of rounds etc. at this point. Want to make sure I have a solid head count when I contact the course again.
You got me listed right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
You can take me off the list unfortunately after talking to the boss this one just isn't in the cards.
Bummer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So many THPers in this area. Hope we can get a huge crew out there.

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
hmmm, the 9 hour drive would make it nearly impossible for me to drive straight through the night and get there by early Saturday AM. However, for less than the cost of driving all the way there I could drive to Chicago, fly there Friday night, play golf Saturday, and then fly back into Chicago Sunday morning. I could even put my wife up in a nice hotel in Chicago with a friend so sweeten the deal for her a little bit for the weekend. This idea is coming together like its meant to be!

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
hmmm, the 9 hour drive would make it nearly impossible for me to drive straight through the night and get there by early Saturday AM. However, for less than the cost of driving all the way there I could drive to Chicago, fly there Friday night, play golf Saturday, and then fly back into Chicago Sunday morning. I could even put my wife up in a nice hotel in Chicago with a friend so sweeten the deal for her a little bit for the weekend. This idea is coming together like its meant to be!
now you're cooking with gas!

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
Mark me down as a for sure. One way or another, I'm coming. Might as well make it an all day event for me on Saturday as well, morning and afternoon.

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Would love to see double d in MSP.

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Mark me down as a for sure. One way or another, I'm coming. Might as well make it an all day event for me on Saturday as well, morning and afternoon.
Got you down buddy.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That seems crazy, but also might work.

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
Or we can carpool! Put me down as interested. I have to check work calendar.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score

Hall of Fame party, I like it.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
The wife may want to come Bradd. MSP is a fun city.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it is. Great hotels right down town with tons of stuff to walk around to. Check out the Marquette Hotel which is attached to a mall.

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending

Maybe I can talk my boss into letting me leave at noon Friday, that would get us there Friday evening. We can drive fast

This could work for an argument as well. Bribing her with shopping works pretty well.

fairband

#THPLegacy
Reaction score
Handicap
Don't forget to mention the Mall of America INgolfer!

Anymore takers? It is amazing how well things come together once you get a few THP heavy htitters on board.

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
What's the latest head count?

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3
Looks like we have 16 "confirmed" with 8 more interested. I would love to see at least 20-24 out there by the time the event rolls around. I have been e-mailing back and forth with the course trying to nail down a tee time that will allow everyone some time in the morning to get there, and still allow enough time to grab something to eat between the rounds, and be able to finish 36 with sunlight to spare.

Howzat

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Trying to nail down tee times. How does 8:30 sound? The last group would go off around 9:10. Should give people who have a longer drive enough time and still let us get both rounds in a reasonable amount of time with a short lunch break.

Hawk

Master Painter
Reaction score
Works for me.

bhilln

Reaction score
Handicap
Hack
Sounds good to me; thanks for all the work throwing this together!!!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in