Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Still considering formats Erik? Are we going to have a little sparring match somewhere in this thing?

Still considering formats Erik? Are we going to have a little sparring match somewhere in this thing?

We will have a side bet for sure. I am thinking some form of pink ball or money ball would be good for one of the rounds. Still open to suggestions however.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Apparently I need to work on the wife letting me play both rounds...

Any idea when the second tee times would be? Assuming 2PM-ish?

Apparently I need to work on the wife letting me play both rounds...

Any idea when the second tee times would be? Assuming 2PM-ish?

Yes, first tee time for the second round is at 2pm.

Just got an email from Troy Burne. $60 to play this weekend. May have to head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an email from Troy Burne. $60 to play this weekend. May have to head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take some pics if you make it out. I am really looking forward to playing this track.

It is a great course, it has been a couple of years since I played there but I can't wait to get back.

JB, I wish we could get some more guys signed up, great course, great company and TWO airports you could fly into.

Watching TV and Smalleys BBQ is on. Right at MN and WI border they said.

It is in Stillwater which is just north of where we are playing.

Nice.
I think we will roll out some prizes tomorrow.
Might just be dazzling to people. Im thinking morning round prize and afternoon round prize.
Thoughts?

Nice.
I think we will roll out some prizes tomorrow.
Might just be dazzling to people. Im thinking morning round prize and afternoon round prize.
Thoughts?

I think that is a great idea. I think most will be playing both rounds but not all.

I think that is a great idea. I think most will be playing both rounds but not all.

If that is the case, and nobody is playing just afternoon and everybody is playing morning round, perhaps we do two prizes, and have them both for the morning and then play for fun in the PM.

If that is the case, and nobody is playing just afternoon and everybody is playing morning round, perhaps we do two prizes, and have them both for the morning and then play for fun in the PM.

That sounds good too. Just the one competitive round of pink ball or something in the morning and then guys are free to do their own thing in the afternoon.

That sounds good too. Just the one competitive round of pink ball or something in the morning and then guys are free to do their own thing in the afternoon.

We will be giving away 2 sets of irons I think.
Possible to do this with 2 man teams?
Or should we rethink the prizes since the turnout is average and go with something a bit different and do more small things or 1 large thing?

We will be giving away 2 sets of irons I think.
Possible to do this with 2 man teams?
Or should we rethink the prizes since the turnout is average and go with something a bit different and do more small things or 1 large thing?

We could do two man teams and use the pink ball for certain holes only.

We could do two man teams and use the pink ball for certain holes only.

Im good with anything buddy. You just tell me how you want it done and we will take care of it.

Im good with anything buddy. You just tell me how you want it done and we will take care of it.

Let's plan on two man teams then and I will take another look at format options.

Let's plan on two man teams then and I will take another look at format options.

Think we have an odd man out, think there are 17 signed up for the morning round.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Think we have an odd man out, think there are 17 signed up for the morning round.

We still have some time.

Easy fix of course. If there is an odd number, I will bow out of competing and just play with everybody.

Whats the pink ball all about?

Here is an example:

In Pink Ball, golfers play in groups of three or four, and play a Best Ball Format. Of the golf balls the team members are playing, one of them is pink. That pink ball rotates among the team members, changing after each hole. For example, on the first hole Player A hits the pink ball; on the second hole, Player B plays the pink ball, and so on, rotating throughout the round. You would use the best score from the players using their regular balls plus you must use the score from the person using the pink ball as well.

I'll have an answer in a week or so.

Lots of recent things happened on my end, like we sold our house in 4 days, wanted to custom build and haven't been able to find land, so we just threw an offer on a new house tonight. Closing date requested is June 5 (my birthday!). Could be a nice gift to myself, buying a new home and going golfing in MN haha.

Back