Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Also - what time do the gates open to public??

Plus what can you bring in? Can I bring a golf club in? Or a bag?
Website has all of the info you’ll need. Enjoy the tournament. I’ll be working the Hazeltine member grandstands, which is a super easy gig that allows me to watch a lot of golf!

We are almost to tournament week at the 3M. Is anyone going?

I think I am taking my girls on Thursday and my wife and I are going on Friday.

We are almost to tournament week at the 3M. Is anyone going?

I think I am taking my girls on Thursday and my wife and I are going on Friday.
Not in the cards for me. Going to my in-laws place on Ottertail on Thursday then my sisters on Saturday. I tried to get a group together, but everyone already had plans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not in the cards for me. Going to my in-laws place on Ottertail on Thursday then my sisters on Saturday. I tried to get a group together, but everyone already had plans.

Ottertail?

I'm on Perham right now. We usually do s guys weekend every fall that includes Thumper Pond.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ottertail?

I'm on Perham right now. We usually do s guys weekend every fall that includes Thumper Pond.

Thumper is nice. My sister in law is just a few miles from the course on Donald's Lake.

Thumper is nice. My sister in law is just a few miles from the course on Donald's Lake.

Cool. In case you hadn't seen, Greystone in Sauk Center is only $25 with a cart M-W

Playing it Monday.

Anyone going out to the 3M any time this week?

It's the inaugural regular Tour stop for MN for the first time in decades and of course it is going to rain all week. :angry:

Anyone going out to the 3M any time this week?

It's the inaugural regular Tour stop for MN for the first time in decades and of course it is going to rain all week. :angry:
Going to be there tomorrow afternoon.

Any of the twin cities people play Braemar since it re-opened?

I was deserted by family because of having to work Friday (they hit the lake Wednesday without me, I went up Friday after work) and got on as a single on the 4th. Was paired with an older couple for the first nine, the the back nine I was alone.

Anyhow, it's a pretty nice course now. I really like what they did, especially the back nine.

If you haven't played it since they re-did the course, I'd recommend it.

They had people out making sure play wasn't super slow, and I got 18 holes played in under for hours starting at 12:48 on a holiday.

Any of the twin cities people play Braemar since it re-opened?

I was deserted by family because of having to work Friday (they hit the lake Wednesday without me, I went up Friday after work) and got on as a single on the 4th. Was paired with an older couple for the first nine, the the back nine I was alone.

Anyhow, it's a pretty nice course now. I really like what they did, especially the back nine.

If you haven't played it since they re-did the course, I'd recommend it.

They had people out making sure play wasn't super slow, and I got 18 holes played in under for hours starting at 12:48 on a holiday.

I got out and played it and have to say I was disappointed based on the $10 million dollar (I believe) upgrade. The course does not flow...it will get tons of rounds due to location but I do not need to go back anytime soon.

I was so impressed with the Royal Golf Club (Lake Elmo...old Tartan Park) complete overhaul that I thought Breamar was going to be amazing. Royal is heads and tails a superior track after the upgrade...Braemar....is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got out and played it and have to say I was disappointed based on the $10 million dollar (I believe) upgrade. The course does not flow...it will get tons of rounds due to location but I do not need to go back anytime soon.

I was so impressed with the Royal Golf Club (Lake Elmo...old Tartan Park) complete overhaul that I thought Breamar was going to be amazing. Royal is heads and tails a superior track after the upgrade...Braemar....is not.

Now I need to try Royal Oak.

I am now wondering if I liked Braemar partly because I played so we'll (for me) there.

I'm playing Bearpath today, and always love that course.

Has anyone played the Quarry at Giants Ridge or the Wilderness at Fortune Bay this season? I'll be playing them the end of next month, just curious what the conditions are like.

We booked a few days at Cragun's the last week of August. We will be there M 26th-W 28th. Going to play at least once as a single, unless any MN THPers will be up in that neck of the woods and wants to pair up. Just throwing it out there!

I live less than 2 miles from Braemar and played it last Friday because my club was closed for the annual member/guest tournament. I played the back tees and thought they did a good job with the greens, but the fairways lacked definition. The greens are hard right now, but that will change in a year as the course matures. It could use more trees as well, which is funny because I was told they took out 1,000 trees. The pace of play was good for a Friday afternoon at just under 4 hours. It's not an o.k. course but I doubt I'll play it more than once a year with my membership and all the other better courses in the Twin Cities. I do get out to the Braemar par 3 course with my 13-year-old daughter a couple of times a week after dinner because it's so close to our house and it the perfect way to wind down a summer evening.

I also agree that Royal Golf club is a much better course.

Has anyone played the Quarry at Giants Ridge or the Wilderness at Fortune Bay this season? I'll be playing them the end of next month, just curious what the conditions are like.

Playing there next Thursday to Sunday. Last year the same time the greens up there were real bad. I havent seen much online from others about the conditions. Last year there were some reviews about how bad it was. Since there is a lack of negative reviews this year I have high hopes for great conditions! Ill make sure to report back.

Haven't played that course yet and need to.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

We should set up a Minnesota THP event up there. They have good fall deals, and there's really no bad weather, just bad clothing choices......

So, I'm sitting at Craguns lounge right now. Have a tee time set up for Dutch's Legacy. I'm all of a sudden stricken with a guilt that I should have jumped over and played the classic at maddens. Would try and play tomorrow but a 100% chance of rain is killing that option.

Am I really missing anything by just sticking with Craguns rather than jumping over to. Maddens?

Bearpath tomorrow with an old work friend.

It's one of my favorite course, so I hope I finally play it with my "A" game that I've had the last month or so.

goalie;n8889482 said:
We should set up a Minnesota THP event up there. They have good fall deals, and there's really no bad weather, just bad clothing choices......

I would be down for this or really anywhere in Minnesota.

radiman;n8889879 said:
So, I'm sitting at Craguns lounge right now. Have a tee time set up for Dutch's Legacy. I'm all of a sudden stricken with a guilt that I should have jumped over and played the classic at maddens. Would try and play tomorrow but a 100% chance of rain is killing that option.

Am I really missing anything by just sticking with Craguns rather than jumping over to. Maddens?

i dont think so, bobby and dutch are nice!

Hey Minnesotans and Sconnies! How is everyone’s winter going so far?
Anyone know of a good deal on Similators in Minneapolis area?

i dont think so, bobby and dutch are nice!

Agreed. The Classic is slightly better but not much. I've had a membership at the Legacy Courses the last couple of summers and also get over to the Classic a couple of times a year. The Classic is deserving of its 59th ranking in the Golf Digest 100 best you can play but Dutch's and Bobby's are 90% as good as The Classic. Some of my buddies like the two Cragun's Courses better and we've played them a lot - a few hundred rounds over the last 25 years.

When my youngest daughter graduates in a few years we'll be living at our cabin on Gull for 5+ months each summer.

Hey Minnesotans and Sconnies! How is everyone’s winter going so far?
Anyone know of a good deal on Similators in Minneapolis area?

Winter is fine but as we all know the next 12 weeks are the toughest of the year waiting for the golf season to begin! I've only been on the simulators at my club so I'm no help there. I'm heading up to Gull Lake this weekend to check on our cabin that we haven't seen since mid-October.

Back