Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Winter is fine but as we all know the next 12 weeks are the toughest of the year waiting for the golf season to begin! I've only been on the simulators at my club so I'm no help there. I'm heading up to Gull Lake this weekend to check on our cabin that we haven't seen since mid-October.
You chose a bad weekend to come back!

You chose a bad weekend to come back!

Yes - I'm missing Florida and thinking about it hourly. I was dumb enough to set up a Ring Camera so I can check the view from our Naples condo anytime. One of my buddies lives in the condo directly below us and they just got back to Florida Tuesday(staying until May 10th) and he is also sending me texts about how amazing it is and he’s not wrong.:(

His view vs. mine this weekend. Which would any sane person choose?

6FEEBE13-DDB0-4013-A419-0E590ADC7998.jpegB79578CC-6949-46C4-8648-AAC0FB6EC569.jpeg

Last edited:
The Minnesota Golf show is a month away. Is anyone going to make a trip? Last year, the wife and I went down for an afternoon and bought matching Titleist Hybrids! Awww, aren’t we cute!

I think my dad and I will make a trip this year.

The Minnesota Golf show is a month away. Is anyone going to make a trip? Last year, the wife and I went down for an afternoon and bought matching Titleist Hybrids! Awww, aren’t we cute!

I think my dad and I will make a trip this year.

I'll likely make it down there today for a couple of hours before I head over to the girl's state high school hockey tournament to watch my daughter's school play this afternoon.

I'll likely make it down there today for a couple of hours before I head over to the girl's state high school hockey tournament to watch my daughter's school play this afternoon.
Dang it looks like we will miss each other. My dad, brother and I will be going after work tonight. We will get there around 430-500

Dang it looks like we will miss each other. My dad, brother and I will be going after work tonight. We will get there around 430-500

I was hoping to make the drive over today as well but woke up this morning a bit under the weather. Hoping I can make it during the weekend.

I was hoping to make the drive over today as well but woke up this morning a bit under the weather. Hoping I can make it during the weekend.
Had a great time. Tested the new Tour Edge driver and it is a legit winner!

The Ponds range is open TOMORROW. :p(y)

We were due for an early Spring. Knock on wood, of course. :D

Quick question (instead of starting thread).

How many months out of the year have you played in Minnesota?

My father and I played in I believe in every month except for January. There were years in the last 20 where my father and I actually golfed in February and we did golf in December once or twice.

Quick question (instead of starting thread).

How many months out of the year have you played in Minnesota?

My father and I played in I believe in every month except for January. There were years in the last 20 where my father and I actually golfed in February and we did golf in December once or twice.
I don’t believe I have played in January or February.

Heading to WestBend Lakes tomorrow morning. 9 am tee time. Should be about 42. Supposed to reach 60 tomorrow. Yay!!

A noon tee time would be ideal but I am taking my grandson to baseball camp at 3:30, so take what you can.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

54 degrees here right now in Eau Claire. I can see grass in some areas and no snow on roofs anymore. Hooray!

Today is the first day of the year that I saw still some snow left on my garage, and now it is all gone. (y)

They will be approaching 70s in Southern Minnesota tomorrow. o_O

you play wild ridge much? love that track.

I've played there a couple times. Great course! Wish I could play there more often.

Actually, my neighbor asked if I want to join his league this year which is at Wild Ridge and Mill Run, so I might see quite a bit of W.R. this year if I join that.

Was able to hit the range today, for March in Minnesota that felt good. Let's hope the weather continues to be warm.

We're moving from Racine to New Richmond WI, soon as our house sells.

Any recommendations for courses in that area?

I just saw two people on the range today at Phalen. :p

We're moving from Racine to New Richmond WI, soon as our house sells.

Any recommendations for courses in that area?

Haven't played it but friends say the New Richmond course is tight and challenging. Troy Burne, south of Hudson, is fantastic. White Eagle isn't too far from New Richmond either.

Haven't played it but friends say the New Richmond course is tight and challenging. Troy Burne, south of Hudson, is fantastic. White Eagle isn't too far from New Richmond either.

I've played White Eagle a couple times. Look forward to trying New Richmond

One of the Clifton courses (can't rcan't remember if it waswas HighlandsHighlands or Hollow) is probably one of my favorite courses...rright up there with WBYC and Keller for me. That's just south of Troy Burne.

Thinking I might just hop in my muni this weekend. Snow finally all gone, first week of Spring. Yeah, yeah...I think I just might. :D

Saw my first walker on Phalen today. Obviously not supposed to be out there but it gives me hope...:)

Back