Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

That would be awesome. From the sounds of it, if we time it later in the year the second course will likely be open for preview play.
Say like 1 year from now....GORGEOUS weather in Wisconsin this time of year too! I'm all for it!

I'd do this. Looks like a beautiful course.

I am thinking Sand Valley on Friday, Lawsonia 36 holes Saturday, and Whistling or course #2 at Sand Valley on Sunday. Call it the bucket list event .

I'm headed to Sand Valley next weekend to play it and would love to preview course number 2 next year.

I am thinking Sand Valley on Friday, Lawsonia 36 holes Saturday, and Whistling or course #2 at Sand Valley on Sunday. Call it the bucket list event .
That would be one awesome weekend of golf!

Sign me up for sand valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This the Minnesota/Wisconsin thread....so even though it likely means more travel for me, I'd like to see a big group of us head to Sand Valley (link to thread here) next year for a weekend. Everything I'm seeing about that place early on is nothing short of outstanding!

Played there on the preview play and it meets the hype, though it is literally in the middle of nowhere so the Dells area would be a good place to lodge. Sand Valley and The Castle Course at Northern Bay would be fun for a two day event!

Add in some ice golf and you've got an unofficial event in the making!!!
Ice-Golf-Scramble-2.jpg

The best part of this pic is the wood pallet fire in the background. Haven't been ice fishing in a long while, but ice golf I would certainly do.

Here's me, enjoying a quick nine before the last time Packers Super Bowl win

1f80265e82cf78dfd15ef578eb8a106e.jpg

Sand valley would be a great get together!

Here's me, enjoying a quick nine before the last time Packers Super Bowl win

1f80265e82cf78dfd15ef578eb8a106e.jpg

No coozie needed in the snow!

Hey folks if anybody is interested in playing Sand Valley i have a tee time @12:20 on October 8. Me and a buddy are playing but I booked it for 4 just in case others wanted to join. Cost is $125 plus caddy. If you or you and a buddy want to play let me know. I will be calling the course by the 15th if I get no takers.

Hey folks if anybody is interested in playing Sand Valley i have a tee time @12:20 on October 8. Me and a buddy are playing but I booked it for 4 just in case others wanted to join. Cost is $125 plus caddy. If you or you and a buddy want to play let me know. I will be calling the course by the 15th if I get no takers.

Depending where I am at that point I would probly be interested. I can get back with you when I have a better idea.

I found two other to go to Sand Valley on the 8th.

Last edited:
Anybody want to play Saturday morning? I suddenly got reprieve. Pretty much game for anywhere. I would want to try to be done by 1. Let me know

Now that we're getting a little closer I thought it would be a good time to take roll call to see who's all going to be around Ryder Cup weekend.

Hox30, Perkis, Jjmorris and myself will be there. We're staying in Brooklyn Park and we're playing golf at Rush Creek (Maple Grove) on Friday, Troy Burne (Hudson, WI) on Saturday and then attending the Ryder Cup on Sunday. I believe the courses are going to be too busy/booked to include any more for golf, but we'd sure like to meet up with some THP'ers for some beers and Ryder Cup coverage when we're not on the course. Then of course on Sunday when we're running wild around Hazeltine we'd love to add to our posse.

Now that we're getting a little closer I thought it would be a good time to take roll call to see who's all going to be around Ryder Cup weekend.

Hox30, Perkis, Jjmorris and myself will be there. We're staying in Brooklyn Park and we're playing golf at Rush Creek (Maple Grove) on Friday, Troy Burne (Hudson, WI) on Saturday and then attending the Ryder Cup on Sunday. I believe the courses are going to be too busy/booked to include any more for golf, but we'd sure like to meet up with some THP'ers for some beers and Ryder Cup coverage when we're not on the course. Then of course on Sunday when we're running wild around Hazeltine we'd love to add to our posse.
If I can snag a ticket I might try to make it out to Hazeltine. Hard to pass it up when it is this close to town.

I have tickets for Wednesday and Thursday and will be picking up a Sunday ticket as well.

Received an email that the Minnetonka Golfsmith is closing. Up to 30% off as of now.

I stopped at the Minnetonka location. They are having a clearance sale. Thought they would have better deals but I think as time moves on they will look to discount that stuff more.

I got this from the MInnesota Golf Association. I actually do not believe you need to be a member to take advantage of this offer. I called Clubcorp to ask them what the catch was and they went through the deal. The one catch is cart rental is mandatory. But the golf is free. I am going to try it out as worst case I spend $300 and use it just a few times.

ClubCorp Travel offers exciting benefits and access to more than 200 golf, country and business clubs when you travel 100+ miles from your primary residence:

Two free* green fees per club, each month at more than 200 country clubs like Firestone Country Club in Akron, OH and Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, CA
Two free* 4-course meals per club, each month at business clubs in more than 50 cities like The Metropolitan Club in Chicago, IL and City Club Los Angeles
Complimentary* access to TaylorMade loaner clubs
21-day advanced tee times
Access to pools and tennis courts at clubs across the country
Special offerings at more than 1,000 hotels, resorts and restaurants
And so much more!

This was the email:
CLUBCORP, THE LARGEST OWNER AND OPERATOR OF PRIVATE GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUBS, NOW OFFERS A NEW MEMBERSHIP THAT PROVIDES ACCESS TO CLUBS NATIONWIDE WHEN YOU TRAVEL.

Starting at $25 per month, enjoy exciting complimentary* golf and dining benefits and access to more than 200 golf, country and business clubs. If you are planning your winter getaway to Florida, Arizona or California, or simply want access to the best golf experiences across the country, ClubCorp Travel is the perfect membership for you.

Join by October 15, 2016 and the normal $1,000 joining fee will be waived for MGA Members.

The clubcorp thing is super intriguing.

Back