Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Thanks!!!!

We'll have fun anywhere, but it would be nice to hit somewhere new this year.
We played Wildflower twice a year in high school. At the time, I thought it was the nicest course I had ever seen. It's a fun mix of holes. Some links type exposed holes, some really hilly holes. Some trees in spots. I haven't played Forrest Hills for a while. That is more tree lined. But, not as devious as Thumper. I really like that course. Play it once a year usually. But, it can be a long day if you're not straight off the tee.

I had a few good rounds at Thumper hitting a lot of 5-wood tee shots last year.

Straight is long applies everywhere, but Thumper really, really reinforced it in my mind.

So, since I'm on Big Pine Lake, I've decided to hit Perham Lakeside for 18 tomorrow. I have not played it in several years, so it should be fun.

I've never broken 100 there, and I've been shooting high 80's low 90's lately.

On my bachelor party we played Wildfower, Perham LS and Detroit Country Club. I would do that run of courses again.
Yeah, I didn't really like the new 9 (Pine) when they put it in. Thankfully I'm playing the other two nines.

There was rain.

Apparently I'm not good in heavy rain.

😋

Damn, was hoping the rain was missing you up there!

Damn, was hoping the rain was missing you up there!
I got the front nine in (43, good for me) and then the drizzle turned to heavy rain.

I'm blaming the back nine 51 on the rain.

It's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!

😂

I got the front nine in (43, good for me) and then the drizzle turned to heavy rain.

I'm blaming the back nine 51 on the rain.

It's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!

😂
I replied to your golf in the rain thread and put it together then it was you! :LOL:
I swear it always rains up north. Even short downbursts can just be deluges. Everything seems "bigger" and more wide open, even the rains.

I was so focused on how the back nine in the rain went, I didn't even realize that I beat my previous best on that course by over ten strokes!!!

😎

Has anyone played Wilderness at Fortune Bay this season? Trying to decide if it's worth bringing my clubs and playing when I visit the Boundary Waters at the end of the month. I played The Quarry at Giants Ridge last year on my trip and it was awesome, but didn't get a chance to play Fortune Bay.

Has anyone played Wilderness at Fortune Bay this season? Trying to decide if it's worth bringing my clubs and playing when I visit the Boundary Waters at the end of the month. I played The Quarry at Giants Ridge last year on my trip and it was awesome, but didn't get a chance to play Fortune Bay.
I've not. But I've heard really good things. Some guys I know were just up there this part weekend. I'll likely get all the details on Saturday. Make me jealous I want with.

I'm going to play Greystone on the way home tomorrow.

I'm a little freaked out. I've never played that course with <20mph winds.

It is probably going to be very good or very bad. 😋

Last edited:
Played Town Course again yesterday, felt like I was playing in Scotland. Gusts were crazy, particularly on the front 9.

still shot 95 from green, which is my goal even from Whites

Ran into a cutie with golf gear on at the store today who had just played in the Tapemark. She was wearing a PXG visor. Had to strike up a convo. (y)
I think she was out of my income bracket. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Traveled up to yawwww yeah you betcha country to see my wife’s sisters family. Reached out to @Vortex and we hooked up for 27 holes at The Royal Club in east Minneapolis. We talked the whole time, shared great memories of past THP events, and drank some local beers. This is one of the great things about THP...the great people you meet and network with is priceless. Next time I’m up we’re playing Rush Creek!

B7E35309-958C-4A79-8DEE-97DE8C9FD334.jpeg

Traveled up to yawwww yeah you betcha country to see my wife’s sisters family. Reached out to @Vortex and we hooked up for 27 holes at The Royal Club in east Minneapolis. We talked the whole time, shared great memories of past THP events, and drank some local beers. This is one of the great things about THP...the great people you meet and network with is priceless. Next time I’m up we’re playing Rush Creek!

View attachment 8964760
I had a blast and thanks for your flexibility with finding a course. It took us a couple holes to find our groove. Royal Club is a fun track. Not sure why they buried a heard of elephants in their greens (!) but I enjoyed the test.

2BFast on his way to a birdie - #18.

AA83F1FF-6039-4052-8BD5-F3FD33DBAA84.jpeg

6FFF6D76-4A04-48C4-8978-D4D8D79F5EC7.jpeg

View attachment 8964760

hadn’t even heard of that course... how is it?

View attachment 8964760
Give me a PM the next time you are up. Would love playing Golf with you two again.

Haven't played that course either

Haven't played that course either
It was Tartan Park and owned by 3M. They sold it off a few years ago. It used to be 27 holes. They’re building houses out there now. Lots of elevated greens, wild turkeys, and fantastic views. Great option for east siders.

It was Tartan Park and owned by 3M. They sold it off a few years ago. It used to be 27 holes. They’re building houses out there now. Lots of elevated greens, wild turkeys, and fantastic views. Great option for east siders.

May have to look into playing it. Heading up to deacons lodge this weekend which is a nice course.

how does it compare to stoneridge?

Back