Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Will be going out Sunday for sure and possibly Saturday

Anyone getting out this weekend?

A buddy hooked me up with his Saturday group, we're off at 10:40 tomorrow at Clifton Hollow, south of Hudson. Got a 3 yr membership there for $228, just have to rent a cart for each round

Clifton Hollow was the first course I ever played and I used to play it frequently as a young teenager. I got an email from Cragun’s Resort yesterday indicating that their courses would be open for the season starting today. I’m so happy golf season is upon us again! I played today in FL and have tee times Tuesday through Saturday at my home course, MN Valley, when we return in a few days.

Well it felt good to get out today, didn't play the best, but will give it another go tomorrow. Beautiful weather, definitely had to play the wind though.

Got out again today, golfed about he same but overall lower score, so many 3 putts and irons were not cooperating. Plenty of time to get the game in good shape.

@MattyD-MPLS Are you ready for today's Frozen Four? Go Mavs!!!
site.png

Go Huskies, St Cloud guy here

Congratulations coach. Good luck Mavs today. Hard not to root for all the Mn. teams. Screenshot_20210408-100655_Twitter.jpg

A buddy hooked me up with his Saturday group, we're off at 10:40 tomorrow at Clifton Hollow, south of Hudson. Got a 3 yr membership there for $228, just have to rent a cart for each round

Sounds like my membership that's in the 3rd year this year. It was 3 years for $50 per year (plus tax and fees) which came out to $189. I too have to rent a cart.

To all our MN THPers - (West Metro peeps) - (I hope this is o.k. to post - if not feel free to remove - I debated posting this as I don't want to break THP rules...)

A friend and I are working to put together a summer golf tournament: Minneapolis Golf Tour. Essentially you have 2 weeks to play a course with another player from MGT, post your score, and then from there, we'll work to determine the winner... It's also handicapped. There is a cost and you are required to have a GHIN with MGT as well. If you're interested see the information attached or email minneapolisgolftour@gmail.com.

To sign up visit: MinneapolisgolfTour.com

Good example is the Chicago Golf Tour that another one of my buddies runs in the Chicagoland area - ChiGolfTour.com

CGT_MGT-Logo-Concept-FINAL.png

Attachments

• 2021 MGT Schedule.jpg
    2021 MGT Schedule.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2021 MGT Schedule.pdf
    523.6 KB · Views: 6
  • MGT Flyer.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 3

Highlands is the gem, right? I can't remember always got them mixed up.

LOVED that course. One my favorites GD gave itit 4.5 out of 5 stars.

It is Highlands.

I've played maybe four dozen courses (???) in MN/WI - probably around a dozen private courses - and that Clifton Highlands honestly is in my top-3.

1. White Bear Yacht Club (favorite course I have ever played by far - Donald Ross design gem)
2. Keller (preferred the old layout better but the new one is still my second fave)
3. Clifton Highlands (just fell in love with it off the bat though I haven't played it but a couple times).

Oh baby, a bit of rain and dampness has that grass lookin really nice. If the weather holds in May, it's going to be a fantastic month for golf in the TC.

It is Highlands.

I've played maybe four dozen courses (???) in MN/WI - probably around a dozen private courses - and that Clifton Highlands honestly is in my top-3.

1. White Bear Yacht Club (favorite course I have ever played by far - Donald Ross design gem)
2. Keller (preferred the old layout better but the new one is still my second fave)
3. Clifton Highlands (just fell in love with it off the bat though I haven't played it but a couple times).

Haven't even thought about #2 or #3 before, but will have to try and get on this summer.

Just saying hi in here, I live down about 90 minutes away from the cities - SE MN. I'm not as solid as any of you when it comes to golf and have a crazy busy schedule but I just wanted to say hey in this post. Are there a lot of get togethers with the MN cities crew?

Just saying hi in here, I live down about 90 minutes away from the cities - SE MN. I'm not as solid as any of you when it comes to golf and have a crazy busy schedule but I just wanted to say hey in this post. Are there a lot of get togethers with the MN cities crew?
Welcome, there haven't been many since I have been a member but hopefully there will be.

Hey fellas,

does June 12th work for everyone for the MN WI IA SD ND get together?

Let me know.

Hey fellas,

does June 12th work for everyone for the MN WI IA SD ND get together?

Let me know.
Depending on location I could do the morning round, We have a family event but not until the afternoon (4ish)

Back