Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Small glitch and we lost a thread or two, so we are recreating this one for all of our MN and WI THPers to chat about local courses, getting together and more.

Small glitch and we lost a thread or two, so we are recreating this one for all of our MN and WI THPers to chat about local courses, getting together and more.

Does losing a thread mean that as consolidation club clash 2017 will be held in Bemidji.... in February???

Does losing a thread mean that as consolidation club clash 2017 will be held in Bemidji.... in February???

Haha, nobody wants that. Not even the guy that lives in said city.

Sometime warmer would work for me LOL.

It would be epic...I would love to see Wardy and JMan curl

It would be epic...I would love to see Wardy and JMan curl

THP ice fishing and curling tournament on Lake Bemidji. I am up for that. We do have a good local brewery.

Born and raised in Duluth. I'd love to see a THP event at Giant's Ridge...

I would second that!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biggest issue is travel. In order to have a successful event it usually needs to be close to a major airport. Makes it tough as some of our best courses are in in the northern part of the state.

Biggest issue is travel. In order to have a successful event it usually needs to be close to a major airport. Makes it tough as some of our best courses are in in the northern part of the state.

True, and Duluth definitely doesn't qualify as *major*

Wisconsin has a similar problem.

We could do Wisconsin. Lawsonia links 36. Easier for those coming from Chicago or Minneapolis area. Wisconsin has a ton of great courses within 3 hours of o'hare or MSP.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the southern contingent of THP to come up north for some cold weather golf. A lot of the northern THP'ers go south for events and sweat. haha

We could do Wisconsin. Lawsonia links 36. Easier for those coming from Chicago or Minneapolis area. Wisconsin has a ton of great courses within 3 hours of o'hare or MSP.

For THP events, especially one day events, 30 min to maybe an hour max from the airport is preferred.

I would love to do that again! Especially if it's not so bleedin humid.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the southern contingent of THP to come up north for some cold weather golf. A lot of the northern THP'ers go south for events and sweat. haha

Agree....i mean Iowa...Iowa has an annual unofficial event. We need to make this happen in 2017.

Agree....i mean Iowa...Iowa has an annual unofficial event. We need to make this happen in 2017.

I had a great time in Iowa this year, despite the unseasonably hot, humid weather, and would love to do it again.

A more official annual event would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm up for another MN event! I really, really regret having to miss the last one. Of course, IA and WI would be great as well.

Any sort of MN event would be amazing! Really disappointed I didn't make it down there at all this year!

THP ice fishing and curling tournament on Lake Bemidji. I am up for that. We do have a good local brewery.
Add in some ice golf and you've got an unofficial event in the making!!!
Ice-Golf-Scramble-2.jpg
Ice-Golf-Scramble-1.jpg

To be fair we could say the same about many of the northern, right?

This the Minnesota/Wisconsin thread....so even though it likely means more travel for me, I'd like to see a big group of us head to Sand Valley (link to thread here) next year for a weekend. Everything I'm seeing about that place early on is nothing short of outstanding!

To be fair we could say the same about many of the northern, right?
Yes we could

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This the Minnesota/Wisconsin thread....so even though it likely means more travel for me, I'd like to see a big group of us head to Sand Valley (link to thread here) next year for a weekend. Everything I'm seeing about that place early on is nothing short of outstanding!

That would be awesome. From the sounds of it, if we time it later in the year the second course will likely be open for preview play.

Back