Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Give me a buzz and we could meet there. Our Club Pro likes to play there on his day off. Generally not to packed. Of course he goes in the middle of the week.
I'm definitely in for that. I'm sure I could take a day off during the week too if that's when you wanted to play. I haven't explored nearly enough Minnesota courses.

I belong to the Janesville, Mn. Prairie Ridge 9 hole course. It's only 6 miles from home and the Pro lets me get on in between foursomes because I walk most of the time and won't slow play down. Which is good for me because of my work schedule. :):) I can get on the course when I'm free. Except on Free Cart Fridays:) I don't walk on Free Cart fridays.

I love that this thread is jumping in the middle of winter! We are only 3 months from playing golf!

I belong to the Janesville, Mn. Prairie Ridge 9 hole course. It's only 6 miles from home and the Pro lets me get on in between foursomes because I walk most of the time and won't slow play down. Which is good for me because of my work schedule. :):) I can get on the course when I'm free. Except on Free Cart Fridays:) I don't walk on Free Cart fridays.
That’s a fun track!

Where are you a member at?
I belong to the Janesville, Mn. Prairie Ridge 9 hole course. It's only 6 miles from home and the Pro lets me get on in between foursomes because I walk most of the time and won't slow play down. Which is good for me because of my work schedule. :):) I can get on the course when I'm free. Except on Free Cart Fridays:) I don't walk on Free Cart Fridays.

That’s a fun track!
One thing I like about it is it's a different course every other week that requires different shots for each hole. A drive on #7 North requires a 4 iron on the South course. unless you have a big overdraw on the dogleg left. Our Pro says the risk/reward is to great to use a driver. It's only 50/50 for him.

I love that this thread is jumping in the middle of winter! We are only 3 months from playing golf!

dont remind us as we get another several inches

I keep forgetting about this course! I'm only about 2 1/2 hours from Morton, I need to get up there to play this year.
I'm about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes from it but I don't seem to get there to play it very often either.

Reactions: KEV

Can’t wait. I’m getting the shakes already from not being on the course. Going to be a long winter!

Got to have something to look forward to in MN after the Winter right.

This sounds interesting. Being along the west shore of Lake Michigan makes it a long drive.

What courses are being considered, never played in Minnesota.

So far have played in MI, IL, IA and MS besides my home state.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Buddy in Rochester finished his simulator garage, so I'll be golfing there on the 8th ;)

Need more Minnesotans and Wisconsinites to put their names in
THP Callaborative Map (Unofficial)
run by @IceyShanks

We are almost out of the worst of it...... I think! Gotta stay positive!

So ready for this cold to be done. The simulator rounds keep me occupied but doesn't beat the real stuff.

While the winter has ben mild overall these last 2 weeks have sucked. At least was glad to get in some simulator rounds and will be heading to Phoenix in a few weeks to get some real golf in.

I was at my club, MN Valley CC, this week and the head pro said average opening date is April 6th which is only 51 days away! Let’s hope for no freakish March snow storms so we can have a normal start to the season.

This -6* for a high temp today is crazy - we are heading to Florida on Tuesday and the forecast high today is 87* warmer than Minneapolis.🥶

Last edited:
Back