Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

742... That'll be an early morning! I like it.

Hey guys,

I got a 742 and 1242. I was able to buy gift certificates for $207 for both rounds each. Saved us $90 each after tax.
See you then!!!!

The Meadows correct?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I got a 742 and 1242. I was able to buy gift certificates for $207 for both rounds each. Saved us $90 each after tax.
I'll be there, let's hope it's not quite 100 degrees 😅

Anyone want 2 tickets to tonight’s Twins Yankees game? I can forward them to you.

Last minute I know but thought I would offer them.

Any of y’all ever play Sand Valley and/or the Two Man or Father/Son 54 best ball tournament there?

How’s the courses? How’s the event? I’m thinking of signing Junior and I up for next year and taking an actual vacation.

Anyone going to the 3M tournament?

I think I get free tickets for being retired Air Force

Anyone going to the 3M tournament?

I think I get free tickets for being retired Air Force

I booked the Grandaddy Chicago trip for that weekend. I hope to get out there for an afternoon of practice rounds.

I'll be out of town so not going to make the tournament.

No, at least not planning on it yet. My wife did ask if I wanted to go or volunteer at one of these events but that's as far as we got in conversation.

They don't offer free military tickets so I will not be attending. 😑

I feel like I should've known because I am a regular PGA viewer (maybe I forgot as my memory isn't the best), but Troy Merritt grew up in MN. Played college at Winona State. Hope he can get it done today with that Yes! Mollie putter.

I feel like I should've known because I am a regular PGA viewer (maybe I forgot as my memory isn't the best), but Troy Merritt grew up in MN. Played college at Winona State. Hope he can get it done today with that Yes! Mollie putter.
I played against him in college and he was VERY good!

Playing a scramble at Monticello Country Club Saturday. @jmix18 , ever played there?

I played there in college and can't remember any of it! Sorry!

no problem. It's not going to be a competitive team, so will be for fun

Speaking of playing the old golf ball. Would anyone be interested in another get together some weekend coming up? I personally had a blast playing with people back in June.

Speaking of playing the old golf ball. Would anyone be interested in another get together some weekend coming up? I personally had a blast playing with people back in June.

I would love to but my July is super busy. Hopefully you can get together with other THPers!

Playing a scramble at Monticello Country Club Saturday. @jmix18 , ever played there?
It's been many years since I played there (also in a scramble) but the only thing that stands out in my mind is that it seemed quite flat. It was well kept up back then, not sure about now though.

I would love to but my July is super busy. Hopefully you can get together with other THPers!

mud love to make it but am crazy busy the next month

So I am born and raised St. Paul. Been here all my life (right in the TC proper here, right next to Phalen golf course).

And it's hard to believe, but I have never played one Minneapolis city municipal golf course. I have played all the St. Paul city municipal tracks 100 times over (the old Highland, new Highland, Como and Phalen and Ponds), but not once ever have a played a Minneapolis muni. I've also played the Ramsey country publics probably a thousand times each (Keller, Goodrich, Manitou).

Can anyone here who can speak to them, tell me about the Minneapolis municipals? There is Gross, Hiawatha, and I think a few others.

Could you rank them for me? Could you compare them to the St. Paul municipals?

I think that's a bucket list thing for me, to play all of Minneapolis' municipals and I would like to get some idea what they're like. I'm guessing their playability is real similar to the St. Paul city municipals but could you tell me what your favorite is of them?

Yup! Flat, mature trees, and greens are normally very true. Right now you’ll find that some of the fairways are hard so balls will really run out. Good luck. What scramble is it?

If anyone in the south-central WI area (or anywhere in the vicinity!) is looking for an excuse to take a Monday off in September and play some golf for a good cause, feel free to check out my charity's event and get a foursome together (single golfers welcome, too :))!

Back