Minor League Baseball Team Names

Reno, NV had (covid victim) a minor league soccer team that the name is just a year.. how unimaginative is that??

1616595993987.png

Bring back the Spirits!

What is this bullsh*t right here? Could you imagine Crash Davis in Bull Durham hitting a homer of a Disco Turkey pitcher?!:oops::rolleyes:😢

They had a contest and had over 1200 name submissions, but they hired a firm to come up with the name. Back in the 50s-60s they were the Burlington Bees.
The team here in SLC are the Bee's now. I remember going to the games when they were the "Buzz".

That being said, The Sock Puppets instill a lot of fear into their opponents.

Sock Puppets, eh? Hope they’ve got a hell of a logo. All I can see in my head is Shari Lewis and “Lambchop”. We’ve got the Yard Goats here in CT... that was a contest submission name, I think

Anybody seen the logo for the now defunct NOLA Baby Cakes? That’s one mean looking baby

Rubber ducks local. Toledo Mud Hens has an out there...

Biscuits is strange...

I like the iron pigs

I miss my local team from the now defunct Golden Baseball League (2005-2012), the Fullerton Flyers. We used to go to a lot of their games. What other bush league could boast having Jose Canseco and Rickey Henderson as players after their MLB careers? Gary Carter managed the Flyers for a season. They even had a traveling Japanese team that had no home field. Most of them had never been away from Japan before.

Burlington Sock Puppets are having a name our mascot contest.
51140C89-34A3-4167-85D9-19B1DADBFFAD.png

I was coming to name the Hickory Crawdads, my dad loved going to their games.

No mention of the of the Sod Poodles, Sea Unicorns(narwals), rumble ponies, or Rubber Ducks?

The names are great I love they don't take themselves so serious.

Gastonia NC just got a new team called the Honey Hunters too.

Please vote for my submission, Static!

Back