INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
Whats up everyone?? Been a while. Thought I'd check back in, I took a voluntary leave of absence from golf and THP for a few months so I could focus on my family for a while. The last couple of years I have been a golf fanatic and dedicated most of my time to golf, but having a baby changes my priorities a little bit. Golf is definitely still up there, but without getting in to too much detail I needed to make sure my wife was getting the attention she deserves because other priorities in my life were hurting my marraige. Good news is all is well now, the baby is AWESOME, and I pulled the clubs out for the first time since last years Morgan Cup. Havent hit them yet, but they are in the trunk! Waiting for Spring to actually get here so I can get out and hit them. Most of my time this year will probably be spent on the range during some lunch breaks to keep my swing in a nice groove and then I'll probably just be playing on full 18-hole round or two 9-hole rounds each week. Maybe some of you guys with little ones can give me some advice on managing time with family and still getting the golf addiction in, I'm still new to this parenting stuff!

I've missed all my fellow THPers, I look forward to catching up and hopefully hitting the links with some of you again this year. I'm heading down to Florida in October so hopefully I can get in a round or two with some of you southerners while I'm at it.

Glad things are well with you. Welcome 'home'.

welcome back dude. Seen some of those pics of your baby girl on facebook. She is getting big.

Great to see you back man! So good to hear everything is ok with the family!

Welcome back Brad. Glad to hear everything is well.

Glad to see you back, Bradd!

welcome back dude. Seen some of those pics of your baby girl on facebook. She is getting big.

She is getting big! Crawling all over and climbing on everything. Not quite walking yet but stands on her own all the time. She just turned 10 months old, it is crazy how fast she is growing. I've been blessed with the easiest baby ever. She has been sleeping through the night since she was a couple months old, she never gets fussy, and she hasn't even gotten sick yet (knock on wood). She has even done very well with her teething. I'll definitely be showing her off in the parenting threat haha.

Great to see you back Bradd. Family definitely comes first, you have 2 wonderful women in your life right now. I know what you mean about how a baby changes everything. Hope that we can tee it up again someday, it was so fun to watch you play so well at True Blue last year.

She is getting big! Crawling all over and climbing on everything. Not quite walking yet but stands on her own all the time. She just turned 10 months old, it is crazy how fast she is growing. I've been blessed with the easiest baby ever. She has been sleeping through the night since she was a couple months old, she never gets fussy, and she hasn't even gotten sick yet (knock on wood). She has even done very well with her teething. I'll definitely be showing her off in the parenting threat haha.

that's awesome man. And to only think at the MC she was about 10 lbs. Happy for you guys.

Welcome back dude!

What up double D!! Nice to hear from you bro.

My best advice on managing golf with the little ones around is to try to set a specific day and time that is on the "calendar" as dad's playing golf. What I did was joined a Wednesday night men's league so that everyone knew that after work on Wednesday I was playing golf. Now obviously things come up that keep me from playing but now that it's been a standing appointment for the last few years it's helped me make sure I still get that. Other than that if you do play weekends get out EARLY and get back home. That works for me too.

Have fun getting back into the swing buddy, you have some rust to knock off!

Good to see ya back Brad ?⛳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back Bradd! Glad everything is well!

Welcome back INgolfer!

Welcome back Bradd, good to see you around here buddy.

What up double D!! Nice to hear from you bro.

My best advice on managing golf with the little ones around is to try to set a specific day and time that is on the "calendar" as dad's playing golf. What I did was joined a Wednesday night men's league so that everyone knew that after work on Wednesday I was playing golf. Now obviously things come up that keep me from playing but now that it's been a standing appointment for the last few years it's helped me make sure I still get that. Other than that if you do play weekends get out EARLY and get back home. That works for me too.

Have fun getting back into the swing buddy, you have some rust to knock off!

Great minds think alike bro. I talked to Jillian about Tuesday evenings being my golf night, and then on Thursday evenings I would watch Ryler so she could go out do whatever she wanted. I also thought the same thing about weekend rounds just getting up early. She liked that idea

Great minds think alike bro. I talked to Jillian about Tuesday evenings being my golf night, and then on Thursday evenings I would watch Ryler so she could go out do whatever she wanted. I also thought the same thing about weekend rounds just getting up early. She liked that idea
Yep, that's helped me out a lot and I suggest that to all my friends with kids who are trying to find that balance. It's ALL about finding that balance!

Welcome back!

Welcome back! I think I took an almost 3 year hiatus from golf when we started having kids. There's just not enough time in the day when they are babies.

Welcome Back Bradd

Glad to see you around again Bradd!

I was going to give you the same advice Jake did. Works great for me as well. Monday nights I always know I am golfing. And if the schedule allows it I will get a little range time in or a quick 18 on the weekends.

Welcome back Bradd!!

Welcome back

Welcome back buddy!

welcome back! congrats on the new baby and kudos for taking care of the family first. it can be difficult to balance everything for sure. I've got 3 kids, my wife is a full time teacher and the key, for us at least, is to make sure we both have opportunities to enjoy our hobbies and getting a break from the madness of daily life. It takes a little work, but there's a balance there for each couple/family and you'll find yours.

Back