Misses - we all have them, what is your worst?

Misses - we all have them, what is your worst?

• Push/Fade/Slice

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Pull/Draw/Hook

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Thin Contact

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Heavy Contact

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Varies

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Golf is a game of managing and eliminating misses. What is your typical or worst miss that you are working on as a part of your game?

Mine has to be the pull/hook, especially on my irons. Working on a setup and grip change, as well as my swing path, and will get this miss ironed out by Morgan Cup time.

Slice on my driver every now and then that stems from coming outside to in and putting sidespin on the ball. Or the dreaded thin shot with a wedge around the green.

The dead pull. Everything else can be played for, but the dead pull is a killer for me.

Thins for me as its the miss I most frequent

The dreaded hook shot, you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen lol.

Push fade.. such an ugly shot. Starts right and then laughs at you wile it keeps going right.

When I yank it straight left. 9 times out of 10 this is OB, trees, or some other form of scorecard wrecking trouble.

Well I have 2 misses right now. One is being a very brutal toe ball, and the other is a pull hook.

Me thinks both come from the OTT move I developed sitting inside during winter

The dead pull. Everything else can be played for, but the dead pull is a killer for me.

Could not agree more. Just kills a good round for me at times. Then stays in my head too long after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What normally causes your dead pull? Grip issue? Over the top and shut the face?

Slice, mainly with driver. I can fall into a mean habit of over the top and cut that thing and send it way right

Varies for me which is so frustrating. I would settle for push/fade/slice or pull/draw/hook. At least that way, I know the general direction the ball will go to and I can make some aiming adjustment.

Hitting it out on the toe or low on the face. Really working on hips going first to help go inside out and keep it off of the toe. Not easy.

I voted for varies, as I seem to have it all going on right now. But the pull is the one that generally gets me also. The course I work at and play quite a bit has a lot of OB left. I seem to find that alot. :D

My miss is the staying on the right side pull hook.

All of the above for me.

Pull left going left. I HATE it when that happens............. :banghead:

JM

The left side of the course is my Nemesis!

Right........No Righter than that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pull hook for me as well. After my lesson the other night, the main source of my problems are with my takeaway. At the range two days later, I'd still pull the ball left every once in a while, but mostly I saw a little baby fade to my ballflight. Can't wait to get back to work.

I guess my "blow up miss" is the sky high push fade, but my consistent miss is a thin hit, which once every other round or so manifests itself as the worm burner.

I voted for it varies. I will usually just have a straight push with my irons, but the driver is another story. Some days I'll cock my wrists and come from inside for a big push slice. Other days I'll rotate my wrists and hood the club for a big pull hook. Sometimes it'll vary from hole to hole.
I'm going to be signing up for a lesson plan soon to take care of that.

Pulls/Draws/Hooks for me. My normal flight is left to right so I play for it, so when I slice, I don't consider it as much a miss as when it goes left. Double cross shots suck.

Back