Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

Which conveniently if I had a request it would have been the 105S or 105X so it works quite well!

They're murdered out with a slick gloss black finish. I like.

Nicer is the graphics are simple, and 90% of them will be hidden when installed logo/brand down at address.

I'll add, the TT version finish is gloss, the Parallel version is matte.

Which conveniently if I had a request it would have been the 105S or 105X so it works quite well!
These are great looking shafts and that weight/flex has me even more intrigued. Looking forward to following along.

These will be going into the new KING Forged Tec, 4-PW, and the 3i shaft will be plugged into the F9 long iron as well for grins.

Ordering a set of BB&F ferrules tonight! Something fun! :cool:

These will be going into the new KING Forged Tec, 4-PW, and the 3i shaft will be plugged into the F9 long iron as well for grins.

I hope u got a good comparison of the AMT’s vs the elevates before this happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope u got a good comparison of the AMT’s vs the elevates before this happens!

Don’t have the elevates in them so I can’t do apples to apples there. Based on design alone the AMT should be lower launch and spin than the Elevates though, I’d be shocked if it was anything other than that.

I am going to get some numbers this week with the AMT though to be able to compare results with what I see from the Mitsubishi shafts though.

I was just curious on your thoughts regarding the AMT because I know how much u like the Elevates. I currently have AMT’s but struggling to decide if I buy the apex combo’s with elevates or the cobra’s with the AMT’s. Unfortunately I had to send the set I bought off of CPO back due to not being classified correctly. Anyway back to the Mitsubishi’s & look forward to your review!

Look forward to seeing this setup! I love the BB&F ferules!

These sound awesome, just luv the way graphite/composite is blossoming. Looking forward to your pictures and detailed thoughts James. Pretty exciting to test brand new technology eh!

I have the MMT .370 90 Stiff in My hybrid. In a short time with this shaft, I have come to love it. It is stable, smooth, powerful and super tight dispersion. I come to the MMT from OTh 90 Stiff. This shaft can knock the ball down nicely or throw the ball way up in the air. Normal shot for me is a mid-high piercing flight that lands nice and soft. I have enjoyed this shaft so much. My hybrid is now a weapon off the tee and into the green on long par 4’s and 5’s.

I think that is totally fair. 75+ a shaft is a hefty sum.
Oh yikes. They look slick as hell though. Very interested in the ball flight difference the multi material can give over a lot of the straight graphite options

I don’t think there will be any ball flight differences between the MMT or a full graphite only shaft. The main difference is feel. The MMT feels dense in comparison to my OTh shafted hybrid which now feels hollow. I guess this is the benefit of the metal mesh adding density to the tip. I’m itching to try the taper tip in my irons but my Modus 105 S are so good I have a hard time believing the MMT could be better performing.

Didn’t get them on the table last night, but here are some in hands shot quick on the iPhone outside for now:

3C0DFB50-3448-4AC6-BEEF-E70463115ACB.jpegAABB72D0-3BC9-4EFA-AB3D-58D233E9EBB9.jpeg5E125266-20D3-4883-B203-4AF60340D4D0.jpegB4EE6644-70E8-41F7-A6CC-8001F08404E1.jpeg404750B7-3156-4851-A38C-F5E47FE11876.jpeg

Went wild on ferrules, there will be a thread this weekend to let you all decide what goes on them.

Plan as of now is to get out with the irons as-is for data collection on 6, 8, PW today and Friday, then install these over the weekend and get to work.

I was reading the spec on these. Very impressed with the steelmesh/mmt/steel fiber type shafts coming out. I can see with the improved manufacturing and consistency in producing these shafts, the hybrid steel/graphite market is going to grow significantly.

The mca site does have different shaft characteristics for the taper (Mid/Low launch, Mid/Low spin) and the parallel shaft (Mid launch, Mid spin). The torque for each seems different. Very interesting to see how these play out over time and the tech going into the taper MMT to produce stability near the tip.

Graphite iron shafts is the future. So much more potential there. Steel is old, and stale. You are so limited but the material. Composite and graphite your are kind of unlimited in how you can apply it. You can set up the layers to make them super stiff is specific parts of the shaft and softer in others. Too bad it is just so dang expensive.

I was reading the spec on these. Very impressed with the steelmesh/mmt/steel fiber type shafts coming out. I can see with the improved manufacturing and consistency in producing these shafts, the hybrid steel/graphite market is going to grow significantly.

The mca site does have different shaft characteristics for the taper (Mid/Low launch, Mid/Low spin) and the parallel shaft (Mid launch, Mid spin). The torque for each seems different. Very interesting to see how these play out over time and the tech going into the taper MMT to produce stability near the tip.
Yup, I mentioned the flight/spin characteristics they claim in the OP of the thread.

As for torque changes, it varies as weight and flex vary, especially that the TT weights are generally speaking lower torque overall.

Im curious like you are about the MMT, I'm going to throw everything I can swing wise at these and see how it sorts out.

I can definitely see the future being, going into Club Champion or some other fitter, getting fit for a shaft and have them 3d print the shaft right in front of you while you wait. Will be fun to see as you could customize every aspect of the shaft and manufacturing

Back