Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

I don't even know what this means. haha.

Think they are saying the diameter of the shaft is very large (Thick) esp compared to steel shafts... As for the THICCCC (that's the millenial in them coming out)

I don't even know what this means. haha.
Its a VERY thick tip section, so yes there is the metal mesh in there, but there is also a lot of material down there for stability too.

Think they are saying the diameter of the shaft is very large (Thick) esp compared to steel shafts... As for the THICCCC (that's the millenial in them coming out)
I've head-butted people for less than calling me that. ;)

Its a VERY thick tip section, so yes there is the metal mesh in there, but there is also a lot of material down there for stability too.

Got it, haha. Yes the walls are very thick. I like how the metal mesh overlaps. If I understand it correctly that is to create uniformity in how the shaft deflects.

Got it, haha. Yes the walls are very thick. I like how the metal mesh overlaps. If I understand it correctly that is to create uniformity in how the shaft deflects.
That was an excellent catch! I was curious if anyone else would notice that MMT layer in that pic :cool:

I can't help but wonder if we are witnessing the doors being opened wide with respect to metal reinforced composite shafts. Between Mitsubishi bringing these and Nippon launching G.O.S.T, perhaps in a few years volume will help costs to come down.

Wondering which club OEMs will add these to their no upcharge list? Or will we see these as a stock item with any upcoming iron releases? They appear to check a lot of boxes for those on the fence with graphite.

Wondering which club OEMs will add these to their no upcharge list? Or will we see these as a stock item with any upcoming iron releases? They appear to check a lot of boxes for those on the fence with graphite.
None. You won’t see these on any one lists for the time being.

Install prep is going on today, will install tonight then grip and such tomorrow. BB&F ferrules are in so we are a go!

Good weather all this coming week as well!

Had a little photo sesh this morning to get some of the graphics in a better light on the photo table and will get those up soon!

That said, while I’ll be getting these to work FINALLY all week long, I want to ask you all what exactly you’re curious about with them? Besides the launch and spin effect, what is it you want to know about this graphite iron shaft?

Let’s get it THP!

I’ll add in real quick, I haven’t had any issues getting them swing weighted either, which is a VERY pleasant thing.

I tried these during my fitting the other day. I loved the feel and the dispersion but they weren’t much of an upgrade to the Recoils in my Hogan’s. I really wanted these to work but I got much better numbers with the Accra’s

I tried these during my fitting the other day. I loved the feel and the dispersion but they weren’t much of an upgrade to the Recoils in my Hogan’s. I really wanted these to work but I got much better numbers with the Accra’s
What weight did you try? Flex?

To be honest, is the goal in something like these to necessarily better than those in the market, or at the very least as good as the top selling graphite iron shafts in the planet?

Had a little photo sesh this morning to get some of the graphics in a better light on the photo table and will get those up soon!

That said, while I’ll be getting these to work FINALLY all week long, I want to ask you all what exactly you’re curious about with them? Besides the launch and spin effect, what is it you want to know about this graphite iron shaft?

Let’s get it THP!

I’m very much looking forward to these. Having tried them in the past, I enjoyed them. I would love to know about the feel. I know its a terrible question, but I am thinking more along the lines of the harshness I have found with a couple of things, namely the Fujikura iron shafts.

I’m very much looking forward to these. Having tried them in the past, I enjoyed them. I would love to know about the feel. I know its a terrible question, but I am thinking more along the lines of the harshness I have found with a couple of things, namely the Fujikura iron shafts.
I'm doubling down on this one. Definitely curious with a shaft showing that kind of... girth.

What weight did you try? Flex?

To be honest, is the goal in something like these to necessarily better than those in the market, or at the very least as good as the top selling graphite iron shafts in the planet?

The 80gr & 90gr versions in regular and stiff. They both had almost identical numbers to my Recoil 95’s but the MMT had better dispersion. I just couldn’t get any height. My swing was crap and I was pulling everything so I’d probably see better results on a different day but the Accra’s just worked much better for me.

The 80gr & 90gr versions in regular and stiff. They both had almost identical numbers to my Recoil 95’s but the MMT had better dispersion. I just couldn’t get any height. My swing was crap and I was pulling everything so I’d probably see better results on a different day but the Accra’s just worked much better for me.
I understand the swing battle all too well dude. Sounds like you found something that def works though!

I'm doubling down on this one. Definitely curious with a shaft showing that kind of... girth.
I’m most eager to see how they feel. For me with graphite it’s always “WOW” or “ugh” in irons. Recoils wow, steelfibers ugh.

I’m most eager to see how they feel. For me with graphite it’s always “WOW” or “ugh” in irons. Recoils wow, steelfibers ugh.

You pretty much nailed it for me, although I thought Steelfibers got a bit better with the latest release. Still not my favorite though

I think the goal of the MMT is to be a serious replacement for steel shafts. From talking to MCA, they are not designed to be longer flying like many expect with graphite iron shafts. They are designed to be as consistent as steel with better vibration dampening.

I absolutely love the MMT .370 90 Stiff in my hybrid. It is so good that I am now wanting to test the taper tip.

I think this is what I'm most interested in. I tried Steelfiber in irons and liked the numbers but didn't like the feel. The Recoil in my UT feels great though. I'm curious which end of the spectrum these fall on.

That and I want to see if they can hold up to your Hulkish swing well.

I think this is what I'm most interested in. I tried Steelfiber in irons and liked the numbers but didn't like the feel. The Recoil in my UT feels great though. I'm curious which end of the spectrum these fall on.

That and I want to see if they can hold up to your Hulkish swing well.

There are some great graphite shaft options now. The misnomer of not holding up to swings will slowly die off as more golfers get fit. You can get as stiff as you need to.

Awww yeah! Course bound TODAY for the debut!

No launch monitor data to start, just me, the setup, and about 100 golf balls to work through. I hope to get some thoughts up this evening!

Back