Review Mitsubishi MMT Iron Shafts Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New review on the home page where @Jman takes a deep dive with data at the Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts. Check it out here.

@Jman what weight class of shaft do you usually prefer? i know you have speed with an aggressive move, so hearing you could keep that move with a 105g shaft without issues is pretty impressive.

Another excellent review James. I have certainly been intrigued with these for a while and now am even more after reading your various feedback on these. But at the $75 per price point, I will likely not be trying them anytime soon.

@Jman what weight class of shaft do you usually prefer? i know you have speed with an aggressive move, so hearing you could keep that move with a 105g shaft without issues is pretty impressive.
My X100 Elevates I have used the past year are 122g, when I played Recoil's though they were the 110's, however, they were/are F5.

These held up crazy well.

Another excellent review James. I have certainly been intrigued with these for a while and now am even more after reading your various feedback on these. But at the $75 per price point, I will likely not be trying them anytime soon.
Definitely up there with some competitors coming in that $44-50 range per shaft. But, it is a new design, and they really do believe in it. I also think we here sometimes lose sight of how big MCA and their following is at times. Another reason I was really excited they jumped in on a full review.

Appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read this one, you rock.

To add into this, I'm leaving these in the bag and in the Forged Tec, the numbers are impressive enough and the consistency more than impressive enough for me to want to keep working with them long term.

Good review, I have been telling people for a while that composite/graphite irons shafts is the future. many have bad misconceptions about graphite in iron shafts that is just wrong these days. Gone are the days were these were for the slow swinging, senior, or lady golfer only.

The only barrier for graphite to take over the iron industry is price. That is the only drawback I see.

Would love to see MMT vs Recoil vs SteelFiber FC head to head numbers and review.

Would love to see MMT vs Recoil vs SteelFiber FC head to head numbers and review.
Man, if I had them all here and could get the same club to put them all in, I would be all about it. I do think these and the Recoils are pretty significantly superior to the FC's in my experiences though. Thank you for reading David!

Having followed along in the thread this was a good read all in one place. These look to be a solid offering from Mitsubishi. Will be interesting to see if they gain any traction at that price point.

Nice job Jman. Did you get to hit the Forged Tech in steel first? Be interested to see those specs compared to your numbers with the MMT's.

Man, if I had them all here and could get the same club to put them all in, I would be all about it. I do think these and the Recoils are pretty significantly superior to the FC's in my experiences though. Thank you for reading David!

Nice write up!

I waited as long as I could the for the MMT release, but went with the SteelFiber fc CW, as I couldn't wait for the MMT with a ? price when I was looking. But my rescue, 3wood and driver are all Mitsubishi AV Blue.

That may be true for now for the fc, but we will have to wait to see what True Temper does with the brand now that they own it....

Nice job Jman. Did you get to hit the Forged Tech in steel first? Be interested to see those specs compared to your numbers with the MMT's.
I did, launch was lower, spin was pretty on par. Which was expected since they were X100 AMT Whites

Seeing as how I have been dabbling in shafts lately I am interested in these. I have played Steelfibers and Recoils over the past year and have a set of XCalibers in the test rotation right now (although it is 18* out right now). For where I am out the graphite shafts seem to feel good on my hands and elbows and provide the support my swing needs.

Seeing as how I have been dabbling in shafts lately I am interested in these. I have played Steelfibers and Recoils over the past year and have a set of XCalibers in the test rotation right now (although it is 18* out right now). For where I am out the graphite shafts seem to feel good on my hands and elbows and provide the support my swing needs.

Did you prefer one of those over the other?

I do want to point out again that there are a LOT of weight options in the taper tips we reviewed, a whole lot of variety which is impressive to say the least.

Great read over my lunch break... thanks @Jman for the time and thought you put into this one. I really like hearing that the feel and balance of these shafts is a positive, and that dispersion seems to be a benefit.

I will go ahead and say, that the price while high doesn't phase me. Irons cost plenty already, but even at $75/shaft, $600 for 8 pieces is less than half of the sticker on many new iron sets. If the shafts help your body perform and not hurt, what a good investement. And, with time and volume, like anything, price should come down.

Nice review Jman. I saw similar ball speed gains at my fitting but I got better height, a little better ball speed, and better dispersion from the Accra’s I ended up with. I wanted the MMT’s to work because I really liked the feel and looks. I can’t see going back to steel. Just too many really good graphite options

Thank you gents!

Did you prefer one of those over the other?

My Steelfibers and Recoils are both 95g but different flex. For me the Steelfibers which are stiff flex vs the regular flex Recoils were a much better fit. I am not sure if it was the flex or the shafts. For me the Recoils seemed a little loose I tended to miss left with them. The shafts were in different heads which could have impacted things.

I don’t have much time on the XCalibers yet but they seem good in the simulator.

Bump for the evening crowd.

Extremely well written review, as yours always are, @Jman. You mentioned when you first hit the Forged Tecs that the irons seem very easy to turn over. Did you continue to see that tendency with this shaft? Also, even though you cannot provide a side by side comparison, what does your memory tell you how this shaft would compare to SteelFibers and Recoils?

Excellent review @Jman, really do enjoy reading them.

Great review James. I wonder, in comparison to your Elevate shafts in your CF19, do the MMT’s compare even remotely to the Elevates? What is the difference MMT vs Elevates besides of course the materials as we know you are a big fan of the Elevates and their shock absorption qualities?

Great review James. I wonder, in comparison to your Elevate shafts in your CF19, do the MMT’s compare even remotely to the Elevates? What is the difference MMT vs Elevates besides of course the materials as we know you are a big fan of the Elevates and their shock absorption qualities?
Thats hard because I haven't hit them in the same heads. I'd venture honestly that the Elevates would spin a touch more, but, they're designed to. The Elevates are the best steel shafts out there as far as dampening goes, that I have ever hit at least, but its still not near the same level as graphite is. These would be superior there without a hesitation.

Back