Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 70 vs Graphite Design G60

asca2

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a Nike VR-S Driver and I have the option to get it with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 70 or the Graphite Design G60 shaft, both stiff. My swing speed is about 105, high ball flight and pretty fast tempo. I like the torque of the Rayon since it is a little lower than the Graphite Design (2.7 vs 3.3), but I have also heard good things about Graphite Design. Unfortunately, I am not able to go and try them out before buying so I figured I see what you guys think of either shaft. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Are you a high spin player off the tee? The ahina' is one of the lowest launching/lowest spinning shafts out there if you are.

Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a Nike VR-S Driver and I have the option to get it with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 70 or the Graphite Design G60 shaft, both stiff. My swing speed is about 105, high ball flight and pretty fast tempo. I like the torque of the Rayon since it is a little lower than the Graphite Design (2.7 vs 3.3), but I have also heard good things about Graphite Design. Unfortunately, I am not able to go and try them out before buying so I figured I see what you guys think of either shaft. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

I play the 'ahina and it's very low launch / low spin. It also plays about a 1/2 flex stiffer. Your swingspeed is fine for it but you need to determine your shaft preferences. If you go with the 'ahina (which is an awesome shaft, btw) go up a degree on the driver. I went from 9.5* to 10.5* and still launch it about the same...

Are you a high spin player off the tee? The ahina' is one of the lowest launching/lowest spinning shafts out there if you are.

Good advice...

Thank you very much for the great advice, I am a pretty high spin player so the 'ahina sounds great to me! I will just go with the 10.5 degree driver.

Thank you very much for the great advice, I am a pretty high spin player so the 'ahina sounds great to me! I will just go with the 10.5 degree driver.

I think that's a wise decision. My Anser is a low spin head and coupled with this shaft is PERFECT (for me). 10.5* with that shaft will make you drool...:D

Back