Miura IC-601 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From the company

Using the latest advancements in club design and manufacturing, Miura has launched the IC-601 irons. This new model improves on the highly successful ICL-601 Driving Iron. "We are very proud of this iron, especially because it was created by Miura's founder Katsuhiro Miura," says Hoyt McGarity, President of Miura. "He's integrated innovative technology with traditional design and the outcome is an iron that is higher, longer, and more forgiving than any other in the Miura lineup."

Recommended for mid- to high-handicap golfers, the IC-601's face is made of 455 Carpenter Steel as found in the ICL and Genesis PP-9005. Carpenter Steel is used in aerospace applications because it offers a unique combination of high strength, light weight and durability. This enabled Miura to produce an iron with a high Coefficient of Restitution (COR). It also allows more weight to be moved farther back in the club head. This strategic placement of weight allows players to launch the ball higher with increased ball speeds.

In addition to a low center of gravity, the IC-601 has a unique inner cavity design with a wide sole that creates more forgiveness and a large sweet spot. Finished in satin chrome and available in 4-PW, expect to experience optimized speed and performance with the new Miura IC-601.

IC601-backface_2.png

Seems interesting. I've always enjoyed Miura products.

Yes please. Yes.

Want to hit. Want to hit badly.

Sure, if you are twisting my arm. I would love to hit these.

That's a purdy club

Really nice looking club.

How does Miura always seem to make irons look prettier than the competitors?

Are they growing as a company? I didn't see much from them and all of a sudden I have been seeing them in golf bags here.

The trend in today's irons is definitely hollow bodies.

This has to be one of the best looking of the bunch.

I would hit it always liked Miura irons

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Are they growing as a company? I didn't see much from them and all of a sudden I have been seeing them in golf bags here.

Depends who you ask. Currently not based on market share, but the new leadership has some grand plans and things are changing their pretty quickly.

Depends who you ask. Currently not based on market share, but the new leadership has some grand plans and things are changing their pretty quickly.

I'd imagine the fact that their prices are no longer way outside the market probably helps with this a bit, right? With the advent of PXG and other high-cost lines in the US like the Epic iron line. Timing would be good to make a push like XXIO and Honma are.

There's something about that logo that makes a club automatically look bad@ss. It's interesting to see so many hollow body irons start popping up lately. Miura seemed to design another great looking club.

I have to say in the last few months I have been very impressed by them.

I'd imagine the fact that their prices are no longer way outside the market probably helps with this a bit, right? With the advent of PXG and other high-cost lines in the US like the Epic iron line. Timing would be good to make a push like XXIO and Honma are.
That would be my guess and if I was a betting man (Im not), my gut says they will increase as well in the next 12 months.

They do make beautiful clubs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m very interested to see how these look at address. The picture in the OP makes it look more like a blade but it’s geared to a mid-high handicapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please. Yes.

Want to hit. Want to hit badly.

Seriously...I was just talking a couple guys about these the other day. It's hard to think if a iron that isn't pure sexy from miura. Even with the weight these are sweet.

Yes! They look gorgeous, satin chrome woohoo

Would love to try them!

These look so sweet would love to try them out!

These will be coming in tomorrow, going to be a fun change of pace. Basically the same tech as other hollow body irons in a (to me) better looking package.

I had these built by Will Peoples at Peoples Golf, he used Fujikura MCI Black 100X JDM shafts soft stepped that are ascending in weight with the 5 iron 99 gram uncut to the AW at 122 gram so much easier to built as I prefer. The wedges will be Miura Tour with MCI solid wedge shafts at 125 grams. He is hitting the SW I like with the 5 iron at D2 up to the AW at D5 and the two Wedges at D5.

I whined a lot about my last build and these are going to be as perfect as can be built, Will is a Master at building to spec so the only issues i will have moving forward will be between my ears..

Last edited:
jim54;n8906830 said:
These will be coming in tomorrow, going to be a fun change of pace. Basically the same tech as other hollow body irons in a (to me) better looking package.

I had these built by Will Peoples at Peoples Golf, he used Fujikura MCI Black 100X JDM shafts soft stepped that are ascending in weight with the 5 iron 99 gram uncut to the AW at 122 gram so much easier to built as I prefer. The wedges will be Miura Tour with MCI solid wedge shafts at 125 grams. He is hitting the SW I like with the 5 iron at D2 up to the AW at D5 and the two Wedges at D5.

I whined a lot about my last build and these are going to be as perfect as can be built, Will is a Master at building to spec so the only issues i will have moving forward will be between my ears..
Sounds like a kickass set of clubs will be heading your way soon. I can't wait to see them and hear about how they feel/work for you!

jim54;n8906830 said:

looking forward to teeing it up with you and seeing these beauties in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back