Miura IC-601 Irons

Doubt anyone around here would have them but still would like to at least swing one time with them to cure my curiosity.

Ohhh
1e437124fefb8591babae0e251bf27dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jim54;n8907578 said:
Ohhh

Those look great!!!!
:clapp:

jim54;n8907578 said:
Ohhh

Dang, I hope they play as good as they look....

Hit 6 or 8 balls into the woods in front of the house and they feel great, seemed to be just as long as the EPIC and maybe have a bit higher launch. But hard to tell hitting out of the rough that is ky front yard.
He hit every SW dead on, which does not surprise me at all.

5 iron
49ad521c57b406d4984c7da9b3be5fc1.jpg
0a70935f396860642071f575ce90a145.jpg

9 iron
2826ae668cf0eea03797f498f9d258cf.jpg

jim54;n8907631 said:
Hit 6 or 8 balls into the woods in front of the house and they feel great, seemed to be just as long as the EPIC and maybe have a bit higher launch. But hard to tell hitting out of the rough that is ky front yard.
He hit every SW dead on, which does not surprise me at all.

Those clubs are beauties! I really look forward to hearing about forgiveness and your overall success with them.

Played yesterday on a Course I had never seen before and put up a 90. Iron play was tenative as expected with new sticks, saw some good and some head shakers, but overall positve feelings.

Played today at a course I know well and put up an 82, leaving 3 birdies inside 15 ft out there. Hit some really nice iron shots and with a few more rounds to get used to the shafts and the different look of the heads these are going to be just fine. Going from a sub 90 weight shaft to these which in the shorter irons are up to 125 grams felt good, seemed to smooth out the tempo with not much effort required to square up the face.

They definitely launch higher than the EPIC forged which I really like in the long irons, but overall not as long club to club from what I saw today, maybe a half / whole club shorter depending on the strike.

They are closer to standard lofts so that may have a bit to do with it, but I really think it is the shaft that will take a bit of getting used to as these are X flex but soft stepped once and 1st impressions are SSx2 may have been better, but they feel good and when I get confident with them they should be fine.

Foregiveness is excellent with just some distance lose on bad strikes, they just want to go straight or maybe a bit left which is more of a pull on my part then a draw. They are wider in the Sole then I would normally prefer, but don't seem to want to bounce at all off a good lie.

The Miura Tour wedges paired with the Fuji MCI black 125 are just amazing, I forgot how good a proper forged wedge feels.

they are a bit different to look at, thicker top line but setup well behind the ball being fairly short heel to toe.

they are a bit different to look at, thicker top line but setup well behind the ball being fairly short heel to toe.

It's not just the look of the topline but the profile of the irons itself. Almost kind of a squarish look instead of the traditional rounded type.

Another good round today, not great but good.

These are very straight and launch a lot higher than the EPIC forged, which I suspect is added spin as my peak height is much higher though the set and the distance a club less. I have to admit the MCI Black X100 SSx1 is still a really stout shaft, I can feel the 5 & 6 irons give and kick a bit and they have been real good off the deck or tee.

The rest not a bit of give to them as they get shorter, after maybe 5 or 6 more rounds to see if it not just me still not swinging well, I may send them back to Will to SSx2 to give me a bit more help.

Love the weight and balance of the clubs and maybe it will just take 10 or so rounds to adjust to the shafts.

Quite a few Miura models have the high almost square toe look. When I first got my black PP9003 straight necks I thought they looked a bit odd but I’ve grown to actually prefer that look.

Best round so far with the IC-601, finally checked my ego at the door and took the club I have used with more regular lofted clubs and put up a 80 on a tough track with a hole out eagle and birdie on 18 with a 7 iron from 150 into a stiff breeze to 7 ft.

I was thinking of sending them back to Will to be soft stepped again but the shafts are fine, these are spot on straight, just not as long as I had hoped for coming from the EPIC's.

In hindsight if I had sent the EPIC forged to Will to be built properly they would have been game changing irons, oh well live and learn. But putting another $600-$700 into the EPICs just seemed like a dangerous gamble at the time.

This game is so frustrating, Sunday I was hitting quality shots and with a couple more putts a sub 80 round, today was a dumpster fire. Nothing worked at all, now I was next level sore from helping to load a 40 ft container yesterday but playing in pain is the new normal.

The only club that made me smile was the 5 iron, it is just stupid the height I get with it and about 190 which is near EPIC forged distance for me. No golf for the weekend so maybe next week things will come back together.

Love the description of longer, higher and more forgiving. I’ve hit a couple Miura irons versions at a local custom shop.... not sure I ever found the center just on feel alone. These look interesting for sure!

I can't use the club or shaft or SW excuse any longer, they are spot on custom made to my specs.

I am still getting used to the size of them, they have a unique look. Miss hits are more penalizing then the Callaway's by quite a bit, but there is a lot of help in these irons.

Put an Fuji Atmos TS blue 85 x in the 4 iron, hit a few in the front yard and I think I have something good here. Will know on Sat. When I get it on the course.

Interesting discovery, I am getting ready to send them back to Will to have the 7-AW changed to the CB-301 because I am insane and during discussions about what I wanted I went out and measured my 5 iron and it is at 39" long with all the clubs .50" shorter so I have been playing 1" over standard which would explain some of the weird fat shots I have had and the overall good and really bad rounds I have seen.

I guess the body will adjust to a lot, but when I hit the TM TW 7 iron MB last Friday and just flushed it I began to wonder. I imagine that iron was standard so .50" under what I normally have played for the last 20 iron sets....and it just felt so good.

Never thought to check the lengths as I was insane about SW which were all spot on as ordered, he is going to get them all back to the proper length and should be able to come close or hit the same SW. Might just be another excuse for a bad swing, but I have to cling to something or I would just go fishing....

Today was the last round with the IC-601 and I have to say I am not sad to see them go, after a decent start with them it just went downhill and never turned around. I thought these would be a decent alternative to the APEX forged, but I was really wrong as they do not hold a candle to them in performance. In hindsight the money would have been better spent sending the APEX forged to Will Peoples to be build properly and they would have been game changers I believe.

This was a blind buy and after the new, hopeful feeling wore off the big heads and pretty serious offset got the best of me. On to the CB-301 and some nice cool weather golf.

That’s too bad, they are just a gorgeous looking iron. Hope the 301’s end up being your Holy Grail Jim. They as well are really great looking. Keep us updated on your journey.

Japanese club makers use superior metals with better attention to detail and spend more personal man hours. Metal work is a highly rewarded trade in Japan. Sorry to all my fellow sheet metal and iron workers but it's the truth. ?

Japanese club makers use superior metals with better attention to detail and spend more personal man hours.

I’d recommend visiting these places then ?

Back