Miura TC-201 Irons

Ha ha mine too, got the fedex notice that I have to be there to sign for them. Working from home tomorrow......

Ya.... club champion closes at 5.... I get out of work one hour away at 5..... this should be interesting... wedges are being delivered as well at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo in business, just have to put the KBS TGI into my 54 and 58 this evening for tomorrow.
Hit a couple of 7 irons into the woods and the 1st impression is I am glad I went with the 100 not the 110.

dd45481993172b2f5a70f75ab3134c92.jpg
71d2faf1a5e6608a3626725d3f9c85bf.jpg
1e1c5c758cc6659ad32557e3a2fd0e0b.jpg

And Incase anybody is curious how it compares to a P790... here it is next to my 7iron
9d5ccde4c486cc187c9bd401e83958c7.jpg

First round in the books with these and I’m already in love.

I will second that feeling, need some more time to get used to the new shafts but so far so good, very happy I did not go with the 110 TGI.

Very good, I still don't have many rounds on them so still figuring distances.

Well after 7 or 8 rounds I went the range and hit a bucket with alignment sticks and really concentrated on posture, grip, etc. and found a few issues with my swing that were holding me back. I also felt my gapping was odd so I took them to a local fitter that I can watch and learn from and we checked them out.
Interesting findings since I had them built by Peoples golf and trust him explicitly with my builds, not sure if they were beat up in shipping or just being forged they moved around. Also taking into account different machines will give different numbers, I had to set them to his machine and I may just for giggles go to the local Golf Etc. and pay them $50 to recheck them.

PW was 2 deg. weak and 2 flat
9 iron was 3.5-4 deg weak and almost 2 up
8 iron was 3 deg weak and 1 flat
7 was spot on loft and 1 deg up
6 & 5 were just about spot on both loft and lie

We put them back to stock spec on his machine and I watched him do each one to verify in my mind they were correct on his machine.

Boom
130+/- PW
140 +/- 9
150 +/- 8
etc

These are the distances I would expect on a good swing with any club so the round on Sunday and today I flew a couple of greens overclubing but very happy with the results. Much more accurate and having a bit of cushion on distance is nice.

Just goes to show that never assume your lofts and lies are correct no matter where you get them, things happen.

The above is odd since Miura is known for delivering clubs to spec - did Peoples need to bend them?

The above is odd since Miura is known for delivering clubs to spec - did Peoples need to bend them?

No they were suppose to be standard L/L but .50" long. No idea what happened, but I am just happy I checked them before buying more irons because these didn't swing themselves correctly. :cool:
I could see a deg or so here and there due to different machines but 3 almost 4 weak on the 9 iron was a shock and the up and down on lies was nuts. Who knows, the 7,6,5 were close enough to call good.
Just strange things happen, but I am going to put them on another machine just to make sure my guys machine was not way off somehow and Peoples was right. But that would not explain the 5,6,7 being fine on this one, if this machine was bad then they would all be off somewhat.

No they were suppose to be standard L/L but .50" long. No idea what happened, but I am just happy I checked them before buying more irons because these didn't swing themselves correctly. :cool:
I could see a deg or so here and there due to different machines but 3 almost 4 weak on the 9 iron was a shock and the up and down on lies was nuts. Who knows, the 7,6,5 were close enough to call good.
Just strange things happen, but I am going to put them on another machine just to make sure my guys machine was not way off somehow and Peoples was right. But that would not explain the 5,6,7 being fine on this one, if this machine was bad then they would all be off somewhat.
That for sure is strange. Glad you figured it out and got them corrected though!

Haven’t played often but I’m still honeymooning with these clubs. I need to get to the range and put serious practice into them but so far they have been fun to work with

I've played 1 round and had some range time and have been impressed thus far. Turf interaction is better for me with the TC-201 over the CB-1008

The honeymoon phase has ended and as always looking for something to blame and it is the KBS TGI 100 shafts, took some PING Blueprint irons out for a Demo this morning with DG120 shafts and while the PING head is much too demanding the feel of the DG120 was really good.

I think with my slightly more stretched out body and sometime stronger swing the heavier shafts might have helped the tempo some. Could be a reshafting in the near future which is why I have been begging for some knowledge on the recoil 110 proto, the recoil 125 and Program F15 120 are on the table also. Too bad there is no place to try any of them.

It kind of makes sense now why Club Champion fit me into the 110 KBS, after pounding balls for half an hour I was swinging in my best form and the 110 was better than the 100. I don't think I need X flex in my irons that is why I shyed away from the KBS 110, but a hevier shaft in Stiff or stiff SSx1 might be better for the overall game.

The TC 201 heads are as good as any Player's type iron out there IMO, but if you can't deliver it to the ball with some semblance of power they make you pay.

dd45481993172b2f5a70f75ab3134c92.jpg
71d2faf1a5e6608a3626725d3f9c85bf.jpg
1e1c5c758cc6659ad32557e3a2fd0e0b.jpg

these were a bunch of fun to hit on the range. that miura feel that always kind of surprises me because it’s not what i would call “soft” but i still like it. the oban shafts were really nice. i was shocked at how consistent these were. to my eye more offset than i expected. very nice set of clubs!

these were a bunch of fun to hit on the range. that miura feel that always kind of surprises me because it’s not what i would call “soft” but i still like it. the oban shafts were really nice. i was shocked at how consistent these were. to my eye more offset than i expected. very nice set of clubs!

I think mine were 1* up which may explain some for ya.

i hit these again today, whoa nelly are they ever good. fantastic feel. super fast off the face but still really consistent. these were barely edged in some side by side testing, but could have been victorious on another day. excellent clubs.

i hit these again today, whoa nelly are they ever good. fantastic feel. super fast off the face but still really consistent. these were barely edged in some side by side testing, but could have been victorious on another day. excellent clubs.
You really need these in your life. :golf2:

Barely edged by your Mav Pros or something else?

I hit these and loved them. It's hard to imagine a better set if you're just looking for a nice, clean, no frills forging.

Back