Mixed wedge set up?

Why match?

With the trends in irons going towards combo sets, it makes sense to pick the best wedge for the job we are asking it to do.

f64983cb0cadd257ed2c1ad18d7997ec.jpg

Ok one step at a time... my OCD is already going nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f64983cb0cadd257ed2c1ad18d7997ec.jpg

Ok one step at a time... my OCD is already going nuts.

That looks like Alabama colors on the Hogan wedge. o_O

I do often.

This year I will again, TM MG2 in the 54/60 but a CBX2 in the 48.

Silly to let OCD get in the way of performance. If you do different things with different wedges than it would be no surprise if one OEM's offering worked really well for one slot and another OEM worked really well for another slot.

I currently play a CBX 50&56 and a PM60. Soon to be replaced by a T100 50, Vokey 54 and keeping the PM60.
I think different finishes would be the only thing I’d struggle with. Everything chrome and I’m good.

I'm currently using an MD4 and a PM Grind. So while they are the same brand they are totally different wedges.

For a while there I was using TK15s and a PMP 60. It was effective but drove me crazy.

Currently playing with CBX 50*, PM Grind 56*, and Sure Out 60*. Different brands and styles don't seem to make any difference to me. I was using a CBX 56*, but that club didn't work too well for me. I have much better consistency with the PM 56* The CBX 50 however is awesome.

Over the years I have often had mixed wedges in the bag. Not so much today, but I would have no problem with putting a different wedge in the bag if it works better than the one I have right now. Always on the look out for a great sand wedge.

b39c9161eb3e6c79965336531ed128b8.jpg

For those of you wondering, I stuck with it...

That 54* Hogan wedge is freaking lethal around the greens. Such clean contact.

Almost too clean at times...

If there could be a knock on the Hogan wedges it is distance control because sometimes the contact is too clean and the pitch runs long...

Even though I have matching wedges now, I am not against having different ones, whether it's by OEM or just different models across the same OEM.

I play a mix of CBX , MD3, MD4 and 19 PM Grind depending on course and what tools I think I will need as well as that totally subjective “ how am I feeling about this club “ thing that I think we all have from time to time.

I find that most companies now offer enough loft / bounce / grind combos to satisfy the needs of golfers who prefer to stick with one brand or style. This allows the ocd to be satisfied while also performing the job necessary.

I have always gone with matching brand or style, but mixed grinds and bounce, but dont see any issues with doing a mix and match.

I have a;most always used different wedges. Right now for the first time my 54 and 58 are PM grinds although with different finishes. My 50 is a Glide 2.0 and I use the PW from my set an i200. Play what works.

Right now I'm playing 4 different wedges.

AW: TM P790
GW: Fourteen RM-22
SW: Ping Glide
LW: Cally PM Grind

No problem for me
Pw- HMB
GW- t20
SW- cbx2
LW- RTX4

The only OCD I have about wedges is rust. :eek: Whenever I game them, I still scrub my set of raw wedges with a baking soda slurry after the round.
Other than that, whatever fits the gaps and my mood is fair game.

A lot of THP’ers play mixed wedge sets , I’m surprised...

A lot of THP’ers play mixed wedge sets , I’m surprised...

Different OEMs is a bit of a surprise to me too. Different styles/types from the same OEM, isn't.

Back