CorvetteGuy

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.6
Don't know what you guys use when you mix the Epoxy - but I found what works great is the Sample Granite Blocks you can get at a Granite Supply or CounterTop maker.

these are a perfect size and height and are very smooth and clean up so easy. Thought I would share.

PA020017.JPG

Thanks for the tip. I use those plastic golfworks epoxy mixing pads and they are even a pita to,clean up.

Honestly I usually just use a piece of cardboard to mix on, and a toothpick to stir it up with, but of course I don't do it very often either. :confused2:

Could I get fancy and use some wax paper on my cardboard? I just do some simple stuff too and try to make it quick so it doesn't sink into the cardboard. (y) I borrow wooden stir sticks from corporate coffee shops. Just a few. (What?! $3 a cup?!) ;)
Edit: Got the idea from a guy that manged a Caribou Coffee up here that I used to play with. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Could I get fancy and use some wax paper on my cardboard? I just do some simple stuff too and try to make it quick so it doesn't sink into the cardboard. (y) I borrow wooden stir sticks from corporate coffee shops. Just a few. (What?! $3 a cup?!) ;)

that works -- but you might consider wrapping the cardboard in Tin Foil and then the wax paper -- that way the Govt can't Spy on you and see what you are doing .. the Tin Foil Blocks the scanner.:D

that works -- but you might consider wrapping the cardboard in Tin Foil and then the wax paper -- that way the Govt can't Spy on you and see what you are doing .. the Tin Foil Blocks the scanner.:D
New material...badly needed.. :love:;)

I used to use samples of countertops like that, that I had leftover. I found that in the mix of a bunch of loose heads and stuff on my bench though, that they really did more harm than good. Things get bumped or moved around, and those have edges that don't give. Damaged a couple things. I stick with cheap throw away now. The gloss on a box of a dozen balls' cardboard works just fine and just gets thrown away after.

Edit: just seeing that metal head next to it is kind of freaking me out. I'm having paint chip daymares. :LOL:

Last edited:
Having worked for 3M all those years I’m lazy and I use an automix gun and tips - no mixing required just squeeze the trigger.

I have about 20 different adhesives/seam sealers that are left over samples from my career there.:)

771ACA96-31F4-48D7-8AB6-D1F5AD4AB53F.jpeg

Having worked for 3M all those years I’m lazy and I use an automix gun and tips - no mixing required just squeeze the trigger.

I have about 20 different adhesives/seam sealers that are left over samples from my career there.:)

View attachment 8966817

that is what I told her -- just Squeeze the trigger...

tenor.gif

Paper plate if available or carboard if not. No clean up required.

I lay down a couple strips of painters tape onto my workbench. Leave it there to see curing, then peel off and toss.

Using epoxy at work for boat stuff I do all my mixing on a pane of tempered glass, easy to clean with a razor and for color match stuff, I can lay it on top of the repair part and mix to match.

little paper cups and toothpicks and toss

Tape if I am using quick set and cardboard if I'm using two part 24 hour epoxy so I can weigh the parts out. I built a mixing stick out of an old small screwdriver, so I never have to throw anything away or replace anything. I've been using it for 5 years.

I lay down a couple strips of painters tape onto my workbench. Leave it there to see curing, then peel off and toss.

Duck tape works well because it's thicker.
Stick that ( or two ) piece of 3-5" long tape on any surface and mix the epoxy on it. Peel off and save the tape to check when the epoxy is cured. Normally I'll stick that piece of tape somewhere which won't be disturbed for 24 hours.
Toothpick works for mixing the epoxy, however, as my wife says that I won't throw away anything easily; I saved the popsicle sticks from kids during the Summer and use it to stir and mix the epoxy.
Trying very hard to reuse and'or recycle things through my house. Still couldn't find a good purpose for used golf grips.

Duck tape works well because it's thicker.
Stick that ( or two ) piece of 3-5" long tape on any surface and mix the epoxy on it. Peel off and save the tape to check when the epoxy is cured. Normally I'll stick that piece of tape somewhere which won't be disturbed for 24 hours.
Toothpick works for mixing the epoxy, however, as my wife says that I won't throw away anything easily; I saved the popsicle sticks from kids during the Summer and use it to stir and mix the epoxy.
Trying very hard to reuse and'or recycle things through my house. Still couldn't find a good purpose for used golf grips.
I like the painters tape over duct because I know it’s not going to take the finish off my workbench when I peel it away.

I save those popsicle sticks for mixing epoxy too! And the wooden coffee stir sticks, whenever we get them. No sense in tossing it if I can use it again and can store it neatly in the meantime!

I often use a Dixie cup with tooth picks. Super easy, the goo stays in a fixed location and it’s easy to dispose of.

I do something similar. Couple pieces of duct tape on an old small cutting board. Let it cure to confirm it was mixed properly and peel off.

I like the painters tape over duct because I know it’s not going to take the finish off my workbench when I peel it away.

I save those popsicle sticks for mixing epoxy too! And the wooden coffee stir sticks, whenever we get them. No sense in tossing it if I can use it again and can store it neatly in the meantime!
Actually, if you use a piece of the flexible cutting sheet, it'll be thick enough and easy clean up.
After the epoxy cured, just flex the sheet and the hardened epoxy will fall off. $1-$2 per sheet which will last forever. No extra to the landfill.

Got a stash of those little plastic cups like you get with Chinese takeout and so-on. I just use one of those and toss it when I'm done.

Actually, if you use a piece of the flexible cutting sheet, it'll be thick enough and easy clean up.
After the epoxy cured, just flex the sheet and the hardened epoxy will fall off. $1-$2 per sheet which will last forever. No extra to the landfill.
I’ll have to take a look for one of those sheets! Thanks!

Back