Miyazaki B. Asha Shafts - Everything You Want To Know

I am likely in the minority but I wasn't a fan of the paint job. The shaft itself performs very well as it is very smooth. It felt like I knew exactly where it was during the swing. Had the 4S out on the course during the first round and I didn't get quite the same results is at the range. Found out half way through the round the face had been changed to close and we had no tool out there to square it up.

Good stuff JRod. This shaft sounds really, really good. I actually liked the C. Kua 43S when I tried it, but needed something a bit stiffer. I'd love to try one of these. Which one were you swinging?

I hit both the 5x and 7x, and preferred the heavier of the two. However I hit the 5x better than I have ever hit a lighter shaft.

I hit both the 5x and 7x, and preferred the heavier of the two. However I hit the 5x better than I have ever hit a lighter shaft.

Awesome, thanks. I'd like to try one of the S or maybe X offerings. I generally like heavier shafts better, so maybe the 7 series.

Awesome, thanks. I'd like to try one of the S or maybe X offerings. I generally like heavier shafts better, so maybe the 7 series.

dleavitt39 was crushing the 7X on Sunday even with a bum foot/ankle.

Jrod thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am eager to get this out and give it a go. Hearing you say the shaft kept up is music to my ears. This was only paired with the Razx Fit, correct?

Jrod thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am eager to get this out and give it a go. Hearing you say the shaft kept up is music to my ears. This was only paired with the Razx Fit, correct?

Correct sir. I'm not a huge fan of this head and I was still killing it. The shaft seemed like a ridiculous performer. I really wish I had some hard numbers.

I spend a lot of time with this shaft on Saturday morning and it was really impressive.....

Graphics: I think the shaft is absolutely beautiful. It's cream with burnt sienna looking graphics . It's not really loud an looks extremely classy, while still maintaining a modern look. The speed coating looks extremely cool in this color as well.

Performance: The shaft felt great in hand. Even during really slow an deliberate practice swings the shaft paired with the RAZR X head felt extremely balanced. Throughout the backswing you can feel the shaft in your hands really well. It doesn't feel like a 2x4 yet you can tell you are moving something. In the downswing is where this thing really shines. Feeling the shaft load is almost impossible not to notice and you can almost feel the kick when you impact the ball. I was never a fan of the C Kua line as I felt the shaft "felt" really good but just couldn't perform. On the downswing is where this shaft showed me it was the real deal. My ball flight seemed a tad higher than my current gamer but that could be due to the fact that the range was about 30 yards above the landing area. Throughout the flight the ball was penetrating and tailing off with my normal fade.

The real highlight of this shaft is how it feels all the while maintaining the ability to keep up. I've never had a shaft that felt this good, yet wouldn't send balls in to the stratosphere. I'd really like to get some hard numbers on this as I think they would be extremely impressive. I can't wait to hear more about this shaft in the coming months.

Good man!!! I can't wait to hit this shaft.

Great review JRod. Really look forward to hearing more reviews as they come in.

It's impressive.

I love the way you talk about it loading.. I don't have a crazy fast swing but I have a bunch of lag in my swing that causes a lot of shafts to get really wonky.

Hopefully my experiences with this thing are just as good.

I love the way you talk about it loading.. I don't have a crazy fast swing but I have a bunch of lag in my swing that causes a lot of shafts to get really wonky.

Hopefully my experiences with this thing are just as good.

Exactly. This shaft just feels great, and it performs even better. The R&D that went in to this is just incredible.

JRod, the loading of the shaft is what has me interested as well. Right now I'm gaming the stock R11S Phenom shaft and don't feel any load on the downswing and just don't get that kick I'm looking for.

I'm usually a 7 weight range kinda guy but I was REALLY taken by the 5x. Really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRod, the loading of the shaft is what has me interested as well. Right now I'm gaming the stock R11S Phenom shaft and don't feel any load on the downswing and just don't get that kick I'm looking for.

It's truly incredible how easy it is to feel with this shaft.

Jrod and Jman were absolutely striping this thing on the range.

It's official, as soon as I get some spare time this week, the B. Asha is going in my driver.

It's official, as soon as I get some spare time this week, the B. Asha is going in my driver.

You were loving this thing in Des Moines from what I remember. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it long term

This seems to make a ton of sense, considering all the feedback. Which one are you dropping in there JB?

After seeing you hit it this only makes sense. Lookin forward to see how you get along.

I knew it wouldn't take long JB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, not surprised! 4s I presume?

Wow the B asha kicks the blue to the curb...Hope this is set by next weekend.

Haha, not surprised! 4s I presume?

That is correct.

Wow the B asha kicks the blue to the curb...Hope this is set by next weekend.

Me too. I have everything on board, so I should be able to get some time this week. I absolutely loved the ball flight. Slightly higher than my Blue, but I did not think I saw any increase in spin (from naked eye).

Awesome to hear JB. While hearing great reviews about the 5 series I think I'm leaning towards the 4S as the one I'm most interested in. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the blue as you get more time to try out the B Asha.

Back