mullie

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm going to pull the trigger on a Miyazaki shaft with my new Supertri driver. I'm debating on a Blue 61 Stiff or the Black 61 Stiff. Anyone had experiences with both? Any big differences between the two? I'll be coming from a VS-proto 60 stiff and a Voodoo SVS6 which I've had success with in the past.

Thanks,
mullie

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Miyazaki shaft with my new Supertri driver. I'm debating on a Blue 61 Stiff or the Black 61 Stiff. Anyone had experiences with both? Any big differences between the two? I'll be coming from a VS-proto 60 stiff and a Voodoo SVS6 which I've had success with in the past.

Thanks,
mullie

Congrats on pulling the trigger Mullie! You will love the shaft no matter which one you choose. I wish I could answer your question, but I only have experience with the black and I am still a n00b golfer.

Thanks,
mullie

Ball flight is the biggest difference. The black is a lower launching shaft.

JB,

Besides ball flight, does one play stiffer than the other? Can you go after the ball more with one shaft than the other?

JB,

Besides ball flight, does one play stiffer than the other? Can you go after the ball more with one shaft than the other?

Some might say so, but not in my opinion. With their Intl Flex code, you can get a true shaft makeup and flex profile in either one. You can choose the butt stiffness, tip stiffness, and everything in between. That is why we strongly urge fitting with these shafts more than just about any other.

Well i was looking at getting either the Black 61, 3566 or Blue 61, 5544 but since there are so many other options and fitting is key, maybe i'll just stick with what works (voodoo). I don't know of any fitters in Hawaii yet so its basically buy and pray it works out here.

Well i was looking at getting either the Black 61, 3566 or Blue 61, 5544 but since there are so many other options and fitting is key, maybe i'll just stick with what works (voodoo). I don't know of any fitters in Hawaii yet so its basically buy and pray it works out here.

Or wait a few more months and word we are hearing is that you may have a fitter or two carrying Miyazaki by then. They will also have their online fitting tool up that will help as well.

Or wait a few more months and word we are hearing is that you may have a fitter or two carrying Miyazaki by then. They will also have their online fitting tool up that will help as well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I can afford to wait until they get setup here. Hopefully there won't be a R11 super tri by then ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I can afford to wait until they get setup here. Hopefully there won't be a R11 super tri by then ;)

Your safe, no more TM driver releases this year.

Wait.......I'm really sorry since this if this belongs elsewhere, but looking at their page I see:

Black stiff-61g 3566
Blue stiff-61g 5544

I guess my assumption is that the black has a lower ball flight because due to the higher tip stiffness. However, would they behave differently if the international flex codes were the same? (As in they're both 5544?)

I'd really like to know since I'm considering a blue or waiting for a c.kua!

Your assumption is correct. Too bad there isn't a international flex code for all shafts (besides Miyazaki) so we could compare them and narrow down our choices on which Miyazaki to get.

I did email Miyazaki, gave them my swing #'s, ball flight, swing characteristics, and what I was looking for. Also mentioned that I liked the VS Proto 60, Stiff. They did return my email and suggested I look into the Black 61 Stiff or X, Black 72 Stiff or X direction.

Still for that amount of money, I'd want to try before I buy. Although, reselling the shaft for not that much of a loss, should be easy.

Wait.......I'm really sorry since this if this belongs elsewhere, but looking at their page I see:

Black stiff-61g 3566
Blue stiff-61g 5544

I guess my assumption is that the black has a lower ball flight because due to the higher tip stiffness. However, would they behave differently if the international flex codes were the same? (As in they're both 5544?)

I'd really like to know since I'm considering a blue or waiting for a c.kua!

According to them, they would behave differently to a degree. They offer 18 different customizations in INTL for the kusala series.

JB, have you heard any rumblings about how close the online shaft fitting is to launching?

JB, have you heard any rumblings about how close the online shaft fitting is to launching?

Spoke to them at the show about it and they said "Close". They talked about how they wanted it to be perfect and saw a few minor things that they were not thrilled with. So all they know is that it is being worked on and that it is coming soon.

Spoke to them at the show about it and they said "Close". They talked about how they wanted it to be perfect and saw a few minor things that they were not thrilled with. So all they know is that it is being worked on and that it is coming soon.

Awesome news, thanks.

That is good news, but geez man, I've been waiting on this for what seems like forever. They've got 3 generations of shafts out now, tons of people who are interested, yet still no online fitting tool. They need to hurry up.

That is good news, but geez man, I've been waiting on this for what seems like forever. They've got 3 generations of shafts out now, tons of people who are interested, yet still no online fitting tool. They need to hurry up.

+1, I have been waiting for this for some time and want to see what they fit me with. I am waiting till the outing to get fit on a launch monitor but I just want to play with it a bit before I go to get an idea of where they have me.

No they dont. They have 2 generations of shafts out and the 3rd comes out in April.

Sweet, they have exactly 3 months to have it perfect so I can select the shaft for my Mashie!

Sweet, they have exactly 3 months to have it perfect so I can select the shaft for my Mashie!

You aren't jumping on the blind9golf coupon for mashie preorders?

You aren't jumping on the blind9golf coupon for mashie preorders?

No, I discussed it with Patty, and the savings would be minimal or non-existent based on the border crossing. I also want to actually try the club before I order it - the coupon may be valid when the Mashie is released in Canada, but I want to have some range or course sessions under my belt before I go testing clubs. I haven't swung a since October so I don't want to judge anything on a rusty-newb swing.

No, I discussed it with Patty, and the savings would be minimal or non-existent based on the border crossing. I also want to actually try the club before I order it - the coupon may be valid when the Mashie is released in Canada, but I want to have some range or course sessions under my belt before I go testing clubs. I haven't swung a since October so I don't want to judge anything on a rusty-newb swing.

I figure my swing rusty may be better than it was last year, haha.

Back