Miyazaki vs. Oban

mullie

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone compare, or have experience with either the Miyazaki Blue 61S or the Oban Revenge 6, 04 flex (stiff). Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if they officially launched the Miyazaki shafts yet? Still seems pretty hard to get and not readily available.

Thanks,
mullie

Can anyone compare, or have experience with either the Miyazaki Blue 61S or the Oban Revenge 6, 04 flex (stiff). Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if they officially launched the Miyazaki shafts yet? Still seems pretty hard to get and not readily available.

Thanks,
mullie

I actually have both of thsoe exact shafts. Yes Miyazaki has officially launched. We gave away two of them on this site and the people at the FL Golf Outing got a chance to try them out and 2 of them already bought new Miyazaki shafts. Both the Miyazaki and Oban are good shafts, I like both quite a bit. But the Miyazaki feels so much smoother to me.

For more info on Miyazaki, just 2 weeks ago we had them on our THP Radio show available on our home page and they spoke in depth about shafts and Miyazaki in particular. We also have a full interview with them in the Spirng Issue of the magazine.

I have tried almost all of them and to me, it is the best shaft out there for my swing. However shafts are very personal and we urge everybody to get fit when and where they can.

Thanks for the info JB. Do you feel the Oban played more like a reg/stiff, stiff, or stiff/x ?

Thanks for the info JB. Do you feel the Oban played more like a reg/stiff, stiff, or stiff/x ?

It plays similar to what I know as a stiff. I like the shaft a lot, but to me it is no comparison in feel.

Back