Mizuno & Bettinardi Make it Official

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the press release

Mizuno USA, Inc. & Tinley Park, IL-Bettinardi Golf, announced today that the companies will not be extending their exclusive partnership beyond 2009. The decision to discontinue the exclusivity of the contract was both mutual and amicable, with Mizuno continuing to sell, market and service Mizuno Bettinardi putters through June of 2010, while Bettinardi Golf will begin to sell and market putters under the 'Bettinardi' name beginning in the Fall of 2009.

Mizuno and Bettinardi Golf came together with the debut of the 100% precision milled Mizuno Bettinardi A-Series and C-Series at the 2006 PGA Show, and later went on to introduce the widely acclaimed Black Carbon Series. The Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon Series will continue to provide players the best feel in the game through its patented F.I.T. Face Technology, which dramatically reduces the surface area of where the ball makes contact with the putter face to provide soft, solid and consistent feel to every putt. Some of the best putters in the game, such as 2009 Verizon Heritage and St. Jude Classic winner Brian Gay, rely on the unmatched precision and consistency of Mizuno Bettinardi putters to compete at the highest level. The high performance Mizuno Bettinardi putter lines will continue to be available in golf shops through 2010.

"We have the utmost respect for Bettinardi Golf and Bob Bettinardi for their skill in putter design and milling, and we wish them the best going forward." said Dick Lyons, Vice President and General Manager, Mizuno USA Golf Division. "I feel that the relationship between our two companies has been very successful. The introduction of the F.I.T. Face Technology has redefined the qualities of a Milled putter. I have the highest regard for Mizuno and wish them success in all their future endeavors." said Robert J. Bettinardi, President/C.E.O of Bettinardi Golf.

Mizuno USA, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuno Corporation, one of the largest specialty sporting goods manufacturers in the world. Mizuno USA, Inc. manufactures and distributes golf, baseball, softball, running, track & field, and volleyball equipment, apparel, and footwear for North America. Mizuno USA, Inc. is based in Norcross, Georgia.

Bettinardi Golf is a privately owned Corporation. Bettinardi Golf is known for the highest quality 100% CNC putters in the golf industry. Bettinardi is based in Tinley Park, IL.

Interesting. I wonder what the reason was. My guess is that Bettinardi wants to market putters all on his own instead of under the Mizuno brandname.

Sounds like it Bake.

Heh-heh. mygolfspy.com also posted the press release with this graphic as the header:

mizuno-bett-split.gif

:D

Sounds like it Bake.
I mean, its not as if Mizuno is the first company that Bettinardi has made putters for.
Ive seen plenty of older Bettinardi putters that werent Mizunos.
Conversely, its not as if Bettinardi is the only one who has ever made putters for Mizuno. T.P. Mills used to make putters for Mizuno as well.
Both companies will be fine.
Even if Mizuno stops offering putters, I'll be fine. I could game my Bettinardi for the rest of my life and never wear it out.

• Admin
Interesting. I wonder what the reason was. My guess is that Bettinardi wants to market putters all on his own instead of under the Mizuno brandname.

I think it is the other way around. I have nothing to base this on except theory, but I think Mizuno does not want to compete in the high end putter market anymore. They made very little on the Bettinardi putters compared to the rest of their equipment and the marketing was costing them too much.

I think it is the other way around. I have nothing to base this on except theory, but I think Mizuno does not want to compete in the high end putter market anymore. They made very little on the Bettinardi putters compared to the rest of their equipment and the marketing was costing them too much.
Makes sense. Bettinardis definetly dont have the mystique of Camerons. Im hoping their will come up with something make putters on the Mizuno brandname. Personally, I kinda like the T.P. Mills Mizuno putters better than the Bettinardis. IMO they had better feel.
They could always market mid-range putters in the $150 range like what Ping and Odyssey do.
Even if Mizzie doesnt offer putters anymore, no biggie. Like I said, I can game my Bettinardi for a long, long time.

Back