Mizuno - Demo Day 2012

I can't wait until I can graduate from my JPX 800s to the MP-59s.

I suppose. I guess I just always expect new lineups to come out at the PGA show and was just saying I wasn't too excited to see stuff we have seen (and had access to) for quite some time now.
The MP-59 is a pretty big new release. The looks of a blade with more forgiveness due to the tungsten plug. Thats pretty huge.

A pretty awesome explanation of the MP-650 woods and the development of the MP-59s:
[video=youtube;qNebYB-CY1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNebYB-CY1U&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
BTW, Chris' beard is awesome.

i had a chance to hit the 650 driver last night...it had a stiffer shaft than im used to but it was a suprisingly large hitting area, and was just long and straight.

the few i hit were right out of the middle. it is in my mind understated, but i like the looks and performance was better than my 910 which is saying something.

i could be tempted on release.

i had a chance to hit the 650 driver last night...it had a stiffer shaft than im used to but it was a suprisingly large hitting area, and was just long and straight.

the few i hit were right out of the middle. it is in my mind understated, but i like the looks and performance was better than my 910 which is saying something.

Wow, better than the 910, eh? That is saying something?

Wow, better than the 910, eh? That is saying something?

its saying something for me as my 910 performs really well and this was better..

Thanks for the pics! Those look like they should be the best irons on the market! Miizuno!!

Very nice set of pic's folks! Thanks!
I've always liked the looks of the Mizuno irons but just haven't liked the feel good enough to pull the trigger. Maybe the JPX 800 line will be available to hit somewhere soon.

Thank you for the efforts in getting quality photo's from the MZ setup.

Missed the videos last time I went trough this... good thing it popped up on facebook again.

Ive heard good things about the 650. I havent gotten the chance to hit one yet but Ive heard from some that especially in the hands of a pro that its a cannon.

Hate to dig up an old thread but didn't want to start a new one.

I got a chance to hit a bunch of Mizuno stuff today and left VERY impressed. Because of their price, I wasn't really looking at them for my new set of irons but now I am totally stuck between the MP 59s and the Nike VR Pro Combo irons. I got fitted originally on the MP63 irons but in the end just didn't love the feel of them. The MP59 seemed to be a much better club for me. The Mizuno rep fitted me for the Project X steel shaft in a 5.5. My Swing DNA according to Mizuno is almost identical to Luke Donald so it was nice to see what setup he uses. He uses the S300 from True Temper if I am remembering right. I am not comparing myself to Luke in anyway though LOL. It was just nice to know what to look for.

Anyways the other club that blew me out of the water was the MP650 driver. I grabbed a stiff shaft 9.5* setup and was just crushing it! It put every other driver I hit to shame. I couldn't believe how straight it was and how nice it felt. Without a question, this would be my next driver if I were looking to upgrade!

Yes Luke uses S300. I think he uses them not only because they fit his swing but also for familiarity's sake. He's used them for so long he knows how they will react at all times.

I hit their new driver last month at a demo day. If it had been available in 8.5 with a low spinning shaft, I would have pulled the trigger on it. The feel is amazing, great consistent ball flight, forgiving for a "player's" driver. If u get a chance, hit it. I highly recommend it!!!

Back