And the wide is WIDE
It really is, in my opinion. I could not get the sole with less bounce to work for me. I kept hitting it fat. This is a very unique wedge profile.

It really is, in my opinion. I could not get the sole with less bounce to work for me. I kept hitting it fat. This is a very unique wedge profile.

I thought the 10 of bounce in normal sole might work - but I'm doing well with the MP-T20, so until I get to a demo day on a short game range, they won't get a look from me.

I'm intrigued by these wedges. My only knock aesthetically to them is that seemingly high-toe design - similar to a PM grind. It would have been awesome if they just did a full face groove setup, that would have helped disguise it a bit.

I'm intrigued by these wedges. My only knock aesthetically to them is that seemingly high-toe design - similar to a PM grind. It would have been awesome if they just did a full face groove setup, that would have helped disguise it a bit.
Unfortunately I believe having that weight up high and away from the hosel helps with what they're trying to do with the weight. The big claim is the COG is in dead on in the center of the face.

I am really intrigued by these. I finally got to hold one at a golf course I played recently. I thought they looked good and had a good feel in hand. I may give one of these a spin when I can get a deal on one. Not sure I want to try it at full price.

They are very easy to hit and feel fantastic (look great, too). Replaced my beat up S18's and look forward to getting these on the course in '21.

Anyone still gaming this wedge? Long term thoughts ?

saw it in the store and it fit my eye very well.
$199 sticker shocked me though.

also does anyone know if the lies can be ordered differently from mizuno? Their site gives no lie angle options. And neither do sites who offer custom options. Almost as if it’s only offered in the std lie angle.

Anyone still gaming this wedge? Long term thoughts ?

saw it in the store and it fit my eye very well.
$199 sticker shocked me though.

also does anyone know if the lies can be ordered differently from mizuno? Their site gives no lie angle options. And neither do sites who offer custom options. Almost as if it’s only offered in the std lie angle.

I cannot speak to long term use of these yet, but I just went and got a fitting for these at Club Champion last Thursday. I wanted a 55 and 59 degree and the build sheet says (56 and 60) and are being bent to my spec of 55 and 59. I asked the fitter about the lies and I beleive they can be adjusted through fitter.

I have been playing Vokeys forever and am currently in SM7's (50, 55, 60). I was totallly intrigued by these do of course I read every article and review on the internet and watched every video. The thing that got me to pull the trigger was talking to the fitter and he had nothing but good things to say. So, I pulled the trigger after the quick fitting. Quick fitting because it didnt take very long for me to know I wanted them.

I'm with you, the sticker shock was something to get over, but after hitting them, that went away pretty quickly. I really liked the feel and sound. Obviously hitting at Club Champion on mats is one thing, but I have been fitted by this fitter multiple times and he knows my swing. He said these were working great. Time will tell, but I am super stoked to get these beauties (in 4-6 weeks. lol). Mizuno apparently is a bit more wait time right now.

Did you hit them? It sounds like really positive feedback by many on THP.

I cannot speak to long term use of these yet, but I just went and got a fitting for these at Club Champion last Thursday. I wanted a 55 and 59 degree and the build sheet says (56 and 60) and are being bent to my spec of 55 and 59. I asked the fitter about the lies and I beleive they can be adjusted through fitter.

I have been playing Vokeys forever and am currently in SM7's (50, 55, 60). I was totallly intrigued by these do of course I read every article and review on the internet and watched every video. The thing that got me to pull the trigger was talking to the fitter and he had nothing but good things to say. So, I pulled the trigger after the quick fitting. Quick fitting because it didnt take very long for me to know I wanted them.

I'm with you, the sticker shock was something to get over, but after hitting them, that went away pretty quickly. I really liked the feel and sound. Obviously hitting at Club Champion on mats is one thing, but I have been fitted by this fitter multiple times and he knows my swing. He said these were working great. Time will tell, but I am super stoked to get these beauties (in 4-6 weeks. lol). Mizuno apparently is a bit more wait time right now.

Did you hit them? It sounds like really positive feedback by many on THP.

Thanks for the write up. Hope they come in soon and that you end up liking them.
I haven't hit them yet. My local shop didn't have any demos. If the weather warms a bit I hope to try them at the fitting center by where I work.
I am actually in no rush to get new wedges though as I want to see how the irons shake out this season for me. If I stick with my current irons I would only need the 60*.

The thought of these keeps running through my head! Is anyone playing them? If so I'd love to hear how they are playing for you.

The idea of a more forgiving wedge in my 54* slot is what keeps me coming back to these, but would love a comparison with the Cleveland CBX2's. I've always had Cleveland wedges, but these Mizuno's might just cause me to switch over.

The thought of these keeps running through my head! Is anyone playing them? If so I'd love to hear how they are playing for you.

The idea of a more forgiving wedge in my 54* slot is what keeps me coming back to these, but would love a comparison with the Cleveland CBX2's. I've always had Cleveland wedges, but these Mizuno's might just cause me to switch over.

I still use it all of the time in the tech studio. Genuinely, while the look is a bit larger, its not really designed necessarily to be a forgiving wedge. Its 100% versatile and performance driven.

I still use it all of the time in the tech studio. Genuinely, while the look is a bit larger, its not really designed necessarily to be a forgiving wedge. Its 100% versatile and performance driven.
Coming from the OG CBX I’m wondering if this wedge would be too much for my skill level. I don’t often try to do much with my cbx other than play straightforward shots but every now and then would like to open it up.

Thanks, I had it in my head if was in the same category as the CBX2 for some reason. Even thought I remember a picture with the ES21, CBX2, and another wedge. Too much THP around the holidays may have created this picture in my mind :ROFLMAO:. Maybe it's just what I thought when I looked at the club. Still, intrigued by these, will need to read the article again.

Coming from the OG CBX I’m wondering if this wedge would be too much for my skill level. I don’t often try to do much with my cbx other than play straightforward shots but every now and then would like to open it up.

You are single digits - if you want to open, I would think that you do not want the wide sole. I'm handling the MP T20 but I practice a lot with the wedges.

You are single digits - if you want to open, I would think that you do not want the wide sole. I'm handling the MP T20 but I practice a lot with the wedges.

To he honest I am not even sure what my cap is these days. Never kept an official one as I don't play on a league or anything. The 8 cap is what GameGolf had me at before their site went down.
I typically average anywhere from 76 up to mid 80's from the white tees (which I normally play). I kinda play old man golf though. Hit it short but keep it in play and try and not do anything dumb. Usually its when I get cute with a shot is when my score balloons. Like yesterday I was messing around on a backed up course. I was short sided and tried to hit a bunch of opened face shots with my CBX 60*. 3 blades and a duff. I then took out my 64* Sure Out, put my feet together and just hit a straight forward chip shot. It popped up and ended up about 8', So my golf is more KISS (keep it simple stupid) oriented, lol

I just thought about this wedge cause I love the black and in the store it set up great to my eye. The price though honestly is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Around $120 I can stomach if it doesn't workout. I guess I fail to see why this thing is $200. It's a wedge :)

Wish the US would have gotten the satin and blue finishes that Japan did. Wowwwww.

Anyone playing these? They all of a sudden intrigue me.

I was fitted for these (55, 59) in early January at Club Champion and there was a long backorder. I am expecting them the last week of February.

When I saw them the first time, I was surprised at how great they look (to my eye) at address. I didnt feel like you could see much of the bulkier back. I am defintiely looking forward to getting them in hand.

I was fitted for these (55, 59) in early January at Club Champion and there was a long backorder. I am expecting them the last week of February.

When I saw them the first time, I was surprised at how great they look (to my eye) at address. I didnt feel like you could see much of the bulkier back. I am defintiely looking forward to getting them in hand.

Nice! I'm so curious how they perform on full swings. They look VERY cool.

The video in the first post has @Canadan doing just that :D

Yes, I know.....I should have clarified.....I'm curious to read on course thoughts (in addition to).

Nice! I'm so curious how they perform on full swings. They look VERY cool.

Have two in my bag - they are fantastic on partial as well as full swings. Hard to not hit them straight and the feel is great. Very nice spin too. My 55-13 is a wide sole (not too wide at all, in my opinion) and the 60-10 is a standard sole. Not bulky at all when you put them down.

Was able to see these in hand today and I'm VERY intrigued. I should have hit one to see what it feels like. Looks pretty bad arse and I like the size and shaping, as unconventional as it may be.

Was able to see these in hand today and I'm VERY intrigued. I should have hit one to see what it feels like. Looks pretty bad arse and I like the size and shaping, as unconventional as it may be.
Same feeling here. But just can’t shell out $600 to replace my 3 wedge setup.

What do you use for a gap wedge with these, since they only start at 54?

What do you use for a gap wedge with these, since they only start at 54?
I’d think a set gw. That seems most common these days. Or have a 54 bent 2* weak if playing a 48* PW.

Back