Mizuno ES21 Wedges

An interesting point about the wedges that is super curious for us testing it is the sound.

They do not sound like a hollow body wedge. It sounds full, and you can tell time was taken to make sure they got it right.

I think I NEED to hit these.

Pretty damn intriguing. I can't wait to see them in person and hear some feedback on them.

Am I going to get one?

All I needed to finish my bag were irons but the more I read about these the more I feel that I need them.
If they are really as revolutionary as Mizuno say then they could be a game changer. Definitely excited.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I think these are going to surprise some people. Is it enough of a differentiator to go against some pretty big new releases? I honestly don’t know yet, but I hit a bunch of 56 degrees today and liked what I saw.

I can't say anything about results right now, but visually, these shocked me.

When I first saw them laying face down on a table, I was baffled. Big profile, chunky, great finish... Then I installed them into shafts and put them behind a ball, and whoa. NOTHING like that. They've got these outstanding angles that basically delete the larger presentation, isolating the material where it needs to be without making a mess of address.

It's very well done... and I made a mess of the face slightly on the toe side of center with the white of golf balls in a tight little section while hitting. Yes sir!

When I first saw them laying face down on a table, I was baffled. Big profile, chunky, great finish... Then I installed them into shafts and put them behind a ball, and whoa. NOTHING like that. They've got these outstanding angles that basically delete the larger presentation, isolating the material where it needs to be without making a mess of address.

It's very well done... and I made a mess of the face slightly on the toe side of center with the white of golf balls in a tight little section while hitting. Yes sir!
I noticed the sharp angles at the top line and was hoping this would be the result! Look forward to hearing more about these!

I think these are going to surprise some people. Is it enough of a differentiator to go against some pretty big new releases? I honestly don’t know yet, but I hit a bunch of 56 degrees today and liked what I saw.
I was thinking about the crash test dummy wedge today and how I haven’t tried a Mizuno wedge before. Positive feedback might change that.

The photos made them look a little chunky. This is a very helpful description.

I was thinking about the crash test dummy wedge today and how I haven’t tried a Mizuno wedge before. Positive feedback might change that.

I will if you will.

The photos made them look a little chunky. This is a very helpful description.
frankly, looking at them in hand makes them look a bit chunky... BUT, as soon as they go down behind the ball, you just don't see it. They did a great job with their angles.

This is a bit long, but a good watch for Mizuno fans. Chris Voshall goes into detail on the latest Mizuno products, including the ES21's design and target market (~19:00 mark).

That segment on the wedges is definitely intriguing! Thanks for posting. (y)

No sir. They are not designed to be a perimeter weighted wedge, but something different. In fact I would call it different from just about everything.
Agree looking at these they are definitely different.👀

Cool little IG promo showing the center of gravity came out today. My current Mizuno wedges don’t need to be replaced yet, but these have me in ponder mode.

I cannot wait to try this wedge some more.. This wedges is like a wedge reinvented. The zipcore is really good but this wedge brings loads of functionality to the high toe idea.

I cannot wait to try this wedge some more.. This wedges is like a wedge reinvented. The zipcore is really good but this wedge brings loads of functionality to the high toe idea.
Can you it’s expand on the high toe part?

Can you it’s expand on the high toe part?

The high toe idea is to raise the center of gravity and increase spin. Thats great and has been shown to be pretty effective. Especially around the green and partial shots. Where they struggle is on shots that are more full. They spin up too much and get eaten up by wind or have other issues due to excessive spin on those shots.

This wedge because of the design and how they went about moving weight around should not suffer on full shots, but maintain all the great things that high toe wedges do around the green.

Back