Mizuno ES21 Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
PERFECTLY CENTERED CG

For 2020, Mizuno has unveiled the ES21 range of wedges, engineered to help players generate the consistent spin rates needed for a more effective short game.

Traditional wedges have a sweet spot that is slightly to the heel side, making it hard for many players to find consistency. But the ES21 wedges feature a higher, more central sweet spot which, combined with a super stable design, delivers asquarer strike and greater levels of more controllable spin.

A multi-piece stainless steel construction features a hollow body for a higher and deeper center-of- gravity, while the hightoe and low heel keep the wedges extremely stable when the face is opened.

thumbnailBlackWedgeInBitsOnBlack.png

ES21 wedges feature Quad-Cut Grooves: ultra-precise CNC milled grooves cut into durable Grain Flow Forged Boron infused steel. In addition, Hydroflow Micro Grooves, which are vertically etched, help release moisture and maintain spineven in damp conditions.

The ES21 wedges are available with either a standard or wide sole option, each model featuring a surprisingly narrow top line to give the confidence-inspiring look of a players’ wedge at address. Cost $199

ES21_WedgeGroup 1.jpg

ES21_IndividualWet.jpg

Interesting tech. Any word on how these feel?

I have never used a Mizuno wedge before but the data that supports the Hydroflow technology is super eye opening.

Oh, now this is interesting. They are on the high end price wise of the wedge space. But, that tech looks pretty cool. I can't really tell from the pic. But, it almost looks like the toe is a little higher than a traditional wedge. Really cool looking wedge.

• Admin
Interesting tech. Any word on how these feel?

Unique, but really good. We will have a lot more coming from the tech studio on these.

So do these compete with CBX2 wedges?

• Admin
So do these compete with CBX2 wedges?

No sir. They are not designed to be a perimeter weighted wedge, but something different. In fact I would call it different from just about everything.

THESE WEDGES ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!

When I saw these, my mind was absolutely blown. The only downside for some.. You cannot stamp them.

These have just totally blown my mind design wise and aesthetically

I have never used a Mizuno wedge before but the data that supports the Hydroflow technology is super eye opening.
having played rtx4, tm mg2, sm7 and 8, MIM, and the mizuno t20's.... the hydroflow definitely is legit. I play very early mornings when dew is still on the ground or even morning watering, the Mizuno's definitely retained spin and bite more than anything else ive tried

hopefully theres still a blue version! the blue t20 looks good in person and I went back to using my blue M-Craft putter

hopefully theres still a blue version! the blue t20 looks good in person and I went back to using my blue M-Craft putter

These at the moment are black only. With blacked out shafts as well.

No sir. They are not designed to be a perimeter weighted wedge, but something different. In fact I would call it different from just about everything.
I was about to say, I’ve never ever seen anything like these. Wow.

Really trying to get the CG in the center.
Hollow body towards the heel is a pretty smart way to do that.

I like the little center of gravity symbol on the back.

Those are great looking wedges. I could see myself trying these.

Great looking wedges. Looking forward to more info on these. It's time to replace my wedges.

This is truly something new. Wow, just wow! Mizuno is stepping up to the plate big time.

I need to go hit rocks with my new MP20 wedges I got last month so I can justify new wedges! 😎

This fits what I have been thinking about for my wedges. A club that would play more like a players cavity back and less like a club designed to slam the weight under the ball and pop it up in the air. This should give a ton of control to the player. Whether that is what someone wants or not they will have to decide, but I am definitely interested in these bad boys. So much so this might be my next purchase as I am using my 718 CB PW for almost everything right now because it behave just so compared to my Vokey wedges.

Initially Price reminds me of the Ping forged wedges that came out at a similar price point but these have substantial more tech behind it. Like the looks of them. Although that the CG badge reminds me of the BMW logo.

Those look really good. I've used the MP T20, which are impressive. But these, must give these a fair shot. Let's see 921 HMP 4-5i, 921F 6-9, 921T in PW and ES21 Wedges, Aug 31 Pre-Order.

Yes, when you open the face, it would be great to have a more centered sweetspot. Now if they had only extended the grooves a bit more towards the toe, where people live when they open it up.

Back