AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
i am looking to get either a tour spoon or a 3 wood, but, has anybody had any experience with these? i have hit one on a launch moniter and i liked the way it felt, but i had no way of telling true distance and anything like that. any opinions are great appreciated.

This was the Mizuno line I did not care for. It felt good for me, but I thought it lacked distance compared to others out there.

i have an F-60 4 wood that i use from time to time. its a good club, but honestly, it isnt any special. no complaints though. i REALLY liked the MX-700 3 wood though

This was the Mizuno line I did not care for. It felt good for me, but I thought it lacked distance compared to others out there.

ya i hear you. to be honest. im just looking for something that i can get new or used for cheap and reshaft without worrying about materials splitting. if somebody can convince that a big bertha fusion will be able to be reshafted by golf galaxy and not break then i will get that. but otherwise it looks like an f-60 or a 906f2. the reason changing is just cuz i hit the ball so damn high and the 906f4 is high launch to start with and its just a bad situation. i want something penetrating and cheap haha

Nickent 4DX fairway is longer, cheaper, and can be reshafted by anybody.

Nickent 4DX fairway is longer, cheaper, and can be reshafted by anybody.

i may look into it. but what is weird, is that the only time i have ever seen a 4dx fairway wood in my life i stood over it and thought wow i can see the entire face. problem is, it was left handed and if i remember correctly it was either a 5 or a 7 wood. oh how about this, anybody with a 4dx 3 wood, thats 3 wood. would you mind taking a picture of what it looks like at address?

i may look into it. but what is weird, is that the only time i have ever seen a 4dx fairway wood in my life i stood over it and thought wow i can see the entire face. problem is, it was left handed and if i remember correctly it was either a 5 or a 7 wood. oh how about this, anybody with a 4dx 3 wood, thats 3 wood. would you mind taking a picture of what it looks like at address?

I have a 4dx 3+ wood. It is the best 3 wood I have played since my S2H2 and then the steelhead, I have been searching for a 3 wood since then and have finally found one and it is firmly in the bag. I will try and take some pics tonight.

yeah, i LOVE my Nickent 4DX 5 wood. i dont have the 3 wood, but i will get one eventually. have you ever considered Sonartec 3 woods? specifically the GS Tour model? they are cheap now on Ebay and they are long fairway woods. they come with Graphite Design Red Ice shafts if that means anything. but i would recommend the Nickent fairway wood first

I used to have an F-60 3-wood and I liked it, but the face wasnt very hot. I hit the ball very straight and very high with this club, but I just didnt get the feeling that the club was jumping off of the clubface at impact.
I actually like the F-50 better than the F-60.

ok at this point here is the line up of possibles. keep my 906f4, or get one of the following: nickent 4dx, callaway 2008 x tour or ft tour, or a ping g10. i went back to a long time option of the callaways. and i was hitting a g10 in the local store the other day and really liked the feel

The G10 line just had a price drop today because the new stuff is coming out in Sept. I still dont think any of them stack up to the Nickent based on price and performance combined it is nearly untouchable at this point.

The G10 line just had a price drop today because the new stuff is coming out in Sept. I still dont think any of them stack up to the Nickent based on price and performance combined it is nearly untouchable at this point.

wow first of all is there a link to this new ping stuff? im intrigued. secondly, the only thing holding me back from grabbing a 4dx is i have never hit one and am not usually one to go on reviews/suggestions alone. all of the other clubs i have either owned, hit on the range or in a store, or owned something similar ie: ping g10 driver

wow first of all is there a link to this new ping stuff? im intrigued. secondly, the only thing holding me back from grabbing a 4dx is i have never hit one and am not usually one to go on reviews/suggestions alone. all of the other clubs i have either owned, hit on the range or in a store, or owned something similar ie: ping g10 driver

Well...the club outlet has them for like $60...hehe.

R9 is out of the mix?

to tell u the truth i would love an r9. and there is a slightest possibility. but i am getting an r9 tp 8.5 with a stiff fubuki off of marriott rewards points, and technically they dont even offer that the guy was just cool with me. they are lonly supposed to have like the regular r9 you choose the shaft flex and the degree. but so i feel like going back and being like r9 tp 3 wood with whatever shaft i would want would be kind of pushing it, and im not sure if my dad would be happy with me for using more points

No pictures yet.

dangit. thats exciting though. ping has always been methodical with their releases and their stuff seems to hold value till the next line comes out, which is every few years

Every two years similar to Bridgestone, Srixon, and a few others.

Back