Mizuno JPX 800 Driver Review

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I'll be doing a review of the new JPX 800 driver from Mizuno. I'm very intrigued by this driver for a couple of reasons, first is Mizuno’s new Ultimate Dynamic Stability (UDS) technology that promises explosive distance from anywhere on the face. Speaking of face, the forged titanium "hot metal" face is something else I can't wait to find out more about.

I'll be getting this out to the range and golf course starting this week, I'll update this thread on my progress toward the homepage review.

Here are some pics:

IMG_20110616_165424.jpg

IMG_20110616_165308.jpg

IMG_20110616_165232.jpg

IMG_20110616_165214.jpg

IMG_20110616_165159.jpg

Really like the look of this driver, very interested to read about the performance too. Only reservation for me is the stock shaft, I've never got on with the Exsar. Perhaps they've improved though. I'll wait and find out!

Look forward to this Jake. You already have a big drive can't wait to see how this works for you.

That things is sharp. Looks like a beast. Would like to hear about the stock shaft too.

Looks great. Very interested to hear your thoughts. Also, curious about the stock shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just judging this book by the cover - But this driver looks like a fantastic option. I can't wait to hear the review.

On a side note, I have only seen one store carry Mizuno woods. Which is kind of sad to me.

Looks great and look forward to hearing your thoughts Jake.

Looks like a machine, looking forward to the review!

Driver looks outstanding - really do like everything I can see about it! Very much looking forward to the review on this one....I think it's gonna be a star!

Really like the look of this driver, very interested to read about the performance too. Only reservation for me is the stock shaft, I've never got on with the Exsar. Perhaps they've improved though. I'll wait and find out!

Im with you on this one. Love the looks, but the Exsar line kills me as of late. Liked the one in the MX-700 for a standard offering, but since then, it has been downhill for me.

sweet Jake, looking forward to your thoughts. Be careful with that Hot Metal

Nice looking pics. Glad this is getting reviewed as I don't know much about Mizuno woods.

Posted via Tapatalk

Can't wait o hear more Jake. Sweet looking driver to go with a great line of iron's.

wow, that looks sharp. I cant wait to hear your thoughts. I can only imagine its as buttery smooth as all of their irons.

Very nice looking driver. Hope it works well for you, interested in seeing your thoughts.

That thing is awesome looking. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this after hitting it Jake.

looking forward to reading the review. I'm looking for a driver for the 2nd bag with Mizuno MX-1000. :D

Looks very nice, curious about the performance, looking forward to reading this review.

I really like the looks of this driver and am curious how the shaft is. I can't wait to read your thoughts about the shaft and club as a whole.

I'm very intrigued by the pictures, but not blown away at the stock shaft offering myself. I'm hopeful, I'm a Mizuno fan and I gamed a Blue Rage driver for a couple years. It was inexpensive and got great distance for me. So if Mizuno can offer those options in an updated version I'm on board.

Looking forward to it P4B!

Great looking driver. Best one from Mizuno I have seen in a while. I don't know much about the shaft offering so looking forward to your findings.

Im also looking forward to your review. Great looking club. I have the stock shafts in my JPX irons and they seem OK to me but I have nothing to compare to.

Back