Mizuno JPX 800 Driver Review

That's a beauty.

Looks sweet Jake! Very interested in hearing your thoughts on it!

Loving the looks of the driver from the pics, I am a Mizuno irons fan, but have never gamed any of their wedges or woods so I am looking forward to your thoughts on this "big dog".

Very excited to hear about this one. I've never hit a Mizuno driver before.

Very exciting, between this and the Srixon Z Star may be the driver of the year!

If this is anything like the 5W I tried at the outing, you'll be very pleased. Can't wait to hear more.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts P4B.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one P4B. What a great looking driver.

Does anyone know if it's being used by any tour players at the moment? Luke Donald, the number one player in their stable, games a different company's driver.

Last edited:
It looks like a transformer...I'm looking forward to the review as I hit the driver with the Fast Trac feature and was underwhelmed by the results.

Tap before talk.

any range or golf course session yet?

any range or golf course session yet?
Unfortunately no. It has been raining for the last 3 days. Supposed to be nice tomorrow and all weekend so I'll get it out there and report back.

Unfortunately no. It has been raining for the last 3 days. Supposed to be nice tomorrow and all weekend so I'll get it out there and report back.
awesome man. :D

I spoke to a Mizuno rep about this driver last week. Mizuno is better known as an iron maker and although they have made drivers in the past, (obviously), this is supposedly their attempt to break into the driver market. I guess more R&D has gone into this driver than any driver in times' past. (According to the rep, that is.)

I spoke to a Mizuno rep about this driver last week. Mizuno is better known as an iron maker and although they have made drivers in the past, (obviously), this is supposedly their attempt to break into the driver market. I guess more R&D has gone into this driver than any driver in times' past. (According to the rep, that is.)
Thanks for the info, I love hearing that. That means that it should be a real solid performer, so far before even hitting it I can tell that I like how it sets up and I like the weight of it. The second this rain stops I'm racing to the range.

Its funny you mention that. I was just looking through my notes and almost word for word that is exactly what we were told with the MX-700 driver line (I liked that head). Interesting.

I really like the looks of this driver, looking forward to hearing your thoughts P4B to see if it performs as good as it looks.

I really like the look of it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts P4B.

Its funny you mention that. I was just looking through my notes and almost word for word that is exactly what we were told with the MX-700 driver line (I liked that head). Interesting.
Ahhhh yes....well they clearly mean it this time! :wink:

I really like the looks of this driver, looking forward to hearing your thoughts P4B to see if it performs as good as it looks.

I really like the look of it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts P4B.
Yeah I like the looks too guys, I have a good feeling about this driver. Just feels like a solid performer, we'll see!

Im really interested in the feedback. I took a few swings with it and liked what I saw. Have not put in much time with this one though.

Im really interested in the feedback. I took a few swings with it and liked what I saw. Have not put in much time with this one though.

me too, hope it works for ya P4B, i think its a sexy looking driver for sure

Rain? Are you kidding me? What.....are you going to melt if you get a little wet?
Get your tail out there and hit it dude! :D

Seriously...looking forward to your reviews.

No kidding? That is pretty funny. I really like their irons, but have never been a fan of their drivers. Who knows, maybe this will be the break-out driver. I can't wait to hear the OP's thoughts on it.

Im with you on this one. Love the looks, but the Exsar line kills me as of late. Liked the one in the MX-700 for a standard offering, but since then, it has been downhill for me.

I had it with a ProLaunch Red which was like a 20.00 upcharge. And it was a low spinning cannon with tons of roll on the back end

I went out and played 9 this morning and used the JPX 800 driver. I had no chance to hit it beforehand at all, no driving range no nothing, just went into the round armed with this and ready to see how it worked.

For starters I liked the way it sets up behind the ball at address, really seems to sit nice and square to the target line and I liked the blue color and little alignment graphic on the crown of the club.

First swing and immediately I was like dang, that's loud. The sound resembled an aluminum baseball bat the first time I hit it, I was like great....just what I wanted. The ball flight was good though, lower and straight. I knocked it down to a spot I often hit from on our 10th hole so right away I'm thinking the distance is right in line with what I'm used to.

After that first shot the sound didn't seem to be as loud anymore, still a higher pitch sound but not quite to the point of thinking I was at a little league game anymore. Each time I hit it I had the same mid launch ball flight that I had the first swing. I say lower because the other driver I'm using right now is the Burner SuperFast 2.0 and that thing is a high ball hitter for sure. There were a few swings that I felt like I nailed the ball but upon getting to the spot where my ball ended up I realized it was no where near as well hit as I thought it was...or simply that the ball just didn't go that far. I clearly need more work with this driver, but I liked it the 6 times I hit it today. I'll be getting out to the driving range later today, going to see if I can get familiar enough with the JPX 800 to bag it for a tournament on Sunday....stay tuned.

I went out and played 9 this morning and used the JPX 800 driver. I had no chance to hit it beforehand at all, no driving range no nothing, just went into the round armed with this and ready to see how it worked.

For starters I liked the way it sets up behind the ball at address, really seems to sit nice and square to the target line and I liked the blue color and little alignment graphic on the crown of the club.

First swing and immediately I was like dang, that's loud. The sound resembled an aluminum baseball bat the first time I hit it, I was like great....just what I wanted. The ball flight was good though, lower and straight. I knocked it down to a spot I often hit from on our 10th hole so right away I'm thinking the distance is right in line with what I'm used to.

After that first shot the sound didn't seem to be as loud anymore, still a higher pitch sound but not quite to the point of thinking I was at a little league game anymore. Each time I hit it I had the same mid launch ball flight that I had the first swing. I say lower because the other driver I'm using right now is the Burner SuperFast 2.0 and that thing is a high ball hitter for sure. There were a few swings that I felt like I nailed the ball but upon getting to the spot where my ball ended up I realized it was no where near as well hit as I thought it was...or simply that the ball just didn't go that far. I clearly need more work with this driver, but I liked it the 6 times I hit it today. I'll be getting out to the driving range later today, going to see if I can get familiar enough with the JPX 800 to bag it for a tournament on Sunday....stay tuned.

good stuff P4B, looking forward to your results after you get some more time in.

Back