I just hit the Forged and Tours again this afternoon. They feel so different. Makes them hard to picture as a combo, but the Forged continue just be spin killers in my hands. Scares the bejesus out of me. I'd have to change balls I think. Mizzy RB or something.

I like the Tours, and would probably go for a set, but after you hit the Forged it just ruins you on feel. Me at least. Fun clubs though. Like the look a lot better from above than the Forged.

If be curious to see a Forged set bent progressively weaker through the 8 or something, and taper off back to spec.

Forged low spin for you? What ball were you using?

Forged low spin for you? What ball were you using?
My ball, their balls, all the balls. Lol. I hit my TP5 the most, but hit the variety they had on hand to make sure I wasn't losing it. Averaged juuuust over 5k with the 7i, and those 46xx ones would give me nightmares. I'm not a high spin player (not necessarily low as a rule either) but I think they might benefit someone who is.

I need a Mizuno pro asap lmao... my buddy is no longer connected.

I just hit the Forged and Tours again this afternoon. They feel so different. Makes them hard to picture as a combo, but the Forged continue just be spin killers in my hands. Scares the bejesus out of me. I'd have to change balls I think. Mizzy RB or something.

I like the Tours, and would probably go for a set, but after you hit the Forged it just ruins you on feel. Me at least. Fun clubs though. Like the look a lot better from above than the Forged.

If be curious to see a Forged set bent weaker through the 8 or something, and taper off back to spec.

Forged does kill spin. I had to change balls during the fitting - went to CS. Before you buy, try the MP-20 HMB - more spin, great look, Chromoly face through 8i, 9-PW is 1025E. Forgiving enough if Forged interests you.

If be curious to see a Forged set bent weaker through the 8 or something, and taper off back to spec.

good feedback. what do you mean by the bolded above? are you saying the forged feel better than the tour? or that the feel of the tour is so much better than the forged?

How low spin are we talking (edit- I saw your post above)? And are you hitting off a mat?

Last edited:
good feedback. what do you mean by the bolded above? are you saying the forged feel better than the tour? or that the feel of the tour is so much better than the forged?
That the Forged feel better than the tour. They feel great to me. Wish some of my other felt that good.

Definitely suggest the RB ball if you want to pick up some extra forged spin.

Are you saying you prefer the feel of the forged over the tour?

Forged does kill spin. I had to change balls during the fitting - went to CS. Before you buy, try the MP-20 HMB - more spin, great look, Chromoly face through 8i, 9-PW is 1025E. Forgiving enough if Forged interests you.

I am going to hit the HMB in my fitting here in the next few weeks. Do you feel a mid capper could game these? I hook the snot out of my 919 HMs if I do not open the face at address. I am hoping less offset and a new shaft can fix it, although there may be a club path issue as well, but I'm not sure. I am going in expecting the Forged, but I really like the looks of the HMBs. Just watch, I'll go in to Modern Golf expecting Mizuno, and walk out with something not on my radar. I do want a forged iron though.

How low spin are we talking (edit- I saw your post above)? And are you hitting off a mat?
I said above that with TP5 I was just over 5k with the 7i. Holds with the other times I've hit them. 3 times off mat, and I got to take the 4, 6, and 8 outdoors once. Hit some CSX and v1 and B X the had out, and some tp5x and vice Pro I had. I wanted to crack a sleeve of V1x to see what it would get me, but they didn't want me to. It was busy and they were feeling it.

I said above that with TP5 I was just over 5k with the 7i. Holds with the other times I've hit them. 3 times off mat, and I got to take the 4, 6, and 8 outdoors once. Hit some CSX and v1 and B X the had out. I wanted to crack a sleeve of V1x to see what it would get me, but they didn't want me to. It was busy and they were feeling it.
Good stuff. I've been seeing ~5300/5400 with the 7 iron as well off a mat, although it jumps to ~6000 off grass. I like it right around 6000 for my game and typical conditions.

Are you saying you prefer the feel of the forged over the tour?

Yeah. It's all individual, but the Forged feel hot and soft to me. Juicy is the word I use. And then I see the hot flight and start to cringe. Lol. The tours feel more firm. Techier. More like my T100S, but maybe not that extreme.

I am going to hit the HMB in my fitting here in the next few weeks. Do you feel a mid capper could game these? I hook the snot out of my 919 HMs if I do not open the face at address. I am hoping less offset and a new shaft can fix it, although there may be a club path issue as well, but I'm not sure. I am going in expecting the Forged, but I really like the looks of the HMBs. Just watch, I'll go in to Modern Golf expecting Mizuno, and walk out with something not on my radar. I do want a forged iron though.

How do you hit your irons? Do you toe them, center?

Good stuff. I've been seeing ~5300/5400 with the 7 iron as well off a mat, although it jumps to ~6000 off grass. I like it right around 6000 for my game and typical conditions.
Grass is usually good for a few hundred for me, but I always feel like it should be more. I have a pretty aggressive AoA, and I see guys that sweep more pick up more spin. I don't get it. You test a bunch, is it shaft lean getting in the way you think? Like, some guys add more dynamic loft outdoors or something? I haven't studied this, but I have noticed I don't gain as much in the low and mid as most others.

Edit: actually, now that I think about it, it might have something to do with where on the face. A low strike is very rare for me.

Last edited:
That the Forged feel better than the tour. They feel great to me. Wish some of my other felt that good.

seriously? that’s really interesting.

How do you hit your irons? Do you toe them, center?

My miss is toe. I feel I can play irons fairly well. When I put up big numbers it's usually from being an idiot or an errant tee shot. Fading or slicing irons is not an issue for me.

Grass is usually good for a few hundred for me, but I always feel like it should be more. I have a pretty aggressive AoA, and I see guys that sweep more pick up more spin. I don't get it. You test a bunch, is it shaft lean getting in the way you think? Like, some guys add more dynamic loft outdoors or something? I haven't studied this, but I have noticed I don't gain as much in the low and mid as most others.

Edit: actually, how that I think about it, it might have something to do with where on the face. A low strike is very rare for me.
That’s a great question. I haven’t put a whole lot of thought into why but I’m pretty sure that the ball tends to slid off a mat a bit more than it does off grass because the grass lets it compress more. The quality of ball and strike also factor into the equation too.

My miss is toe. I feel I can play irons fairly well. When I put up big numbers it's usually from being an idiot or an errant tee shot. Fading or slicing irons is not an issue for me.

Toe hits were once my fault. I wasn't turning my rear shoulder. If you sequence your lower body, the rear shoulder can turn and you can swing to the left and get rid of the in to out path which also helps cause a toe hit.

With the CS, I was seeing 5450 or so with the 7i and HMB at 80mph off the studio mat w. Recoil 95.

With the CS, I was seeing 5450 or so with the 7i and HMB at 80mph off the studio mat w. Recoil 95.
That sounds about right. Super playable at that too!

I also thought the Forged felt pretty amazing... plush and fast. I was not as keen on the Tour, though they are good in their own right, just a little harder or clickier, pleasant overall. The Forged though... those kept me coming back.

The chromoly really has my interest piqued.

I also thought the Forged felt pretty amazing... plush and fast. I was not as keen on the Tour, though they are good in their own right, just a little harder or clickier, pleasant overall. The Forged though... those kept me coming back.

The chromoly really has my interest piqued.

As you know, Chromoly is in 4-7i, 1025E in 8-Gap. I guess Chromoly is too hot for scoring irons? That always confused me a bit because HMP is Chromoly.

Chromoly is only in 4-7i

I'm OK with that, though I'd love to be a fly on the wall or tester for the chromoly vs. 1025 in short irons discussion. Seem to me that the chromoly benefit is strength and toughness allowing the long and mid iron faces to be tuned faster and more forgiving. The short irons could still be 4140 and be thicker identical to the 1025's... would cost more. But they shouldn't be any faster... maybe feel and acoustics? I wonder why they chose 1025 for the short irons...

I'm OK with that, though I'd love to be a fly on the wall or tester for the chromoly vs. 1025 in short irons discussion. Seem to me that the chromoly benefit is strength and toughness allowing the long and mid iron faces to be tuned faster and more forgiving. The short irons could still be 4140 and be thicker identical to the 1025's... would cost more. But they shouldn't be any faster... maybe feel and acoustics? I wonder why they chose 1025 for the short irons...
The world may never know why, but I know I love the feel of the 1025.

After one range session, I love the feel of these clubs. No sense on spin yet, but seeing some of the posts here I am a bit nervous. I like to spin the ball, and you guys have me worried that I may not be able to as well as I'd like.

Taking them onto the course tomorrow, so we shall see!

Back