that's my fear... I love my MP59s, fav irons I've ever owned, but been tempted to try out some Jpx'... curious how thicker the soles may be etc.

If that's your fear, check out the HMB's. I'd not considered them until the fitter said, "try this head." Mizuno has a lot of options.

that's my fear... I love my MP59s, fav irons I've ever owned, but been tempted to try out some Jpx'... curious how thicker the soles may be etc.
MP 20 MMC should be a club to test too.

The soles are surprisingly thin relative to the top line. It's kinda weird.

dude I noticed! I ordered my buddy a 919 tour/forged combo set and thought the same thing. Kind of odd lol

Played a round with the 921 Forged. Loved them. My club's greens are pretty fast, around an 11, and had no trouble stopping the clubs on the green, but the greens were softer due to the recent rain.

With the 2018 Chrome soft truvis ball, got some backspin and pull back in the shorter irons and quick stops with the longer irons. And I hit 10 GIRs. Well struck shots feel soft. they are completely different from my cobra Forged TECs but the cobras feel nice too in a different way.

Just amazed that I hit the modus 120s as well as it better than my aerotech i95s.

Maiden voyage out with my combo set was ... awesome. It was cold and windy here today, but the performance and feel of these irons are just stunning. They are gorgeous, as well. Hit several shots today with mid summer distances and improved precision. I’m smitten.

I need to go hit these again :sneaky:

Local DSG happened to get full sets in to demo of all 5 JPX lines. They hadn't been hit so I got to remove the wrapper. I was really worried about the stronger lofted 4 irons in the HM/HMP. HMP had the 5.5 and was a solid 210 yards which is about perfect for me as it ran out to 220-225 yards. 5 iron was 195-198 on 3 shots. The HM turned left for me. I've fought the lefts for years I think it was more me than the offset. The FORGED. They threw a big ole wrench in my plans. I wasn't expecting a "feel" difference to be an issue but they were much softer. Distance on the Forged matched almost identical with the HMP. All shafts were stock so a fitting would be needed to really decide between the HMP and Forged. Splitting hairs other than sound/feel on mishits. I did hit the Tour model and down to the 7 irons I enjoyed them. the 4-6 irons were nice but they require a bit more than I have to play them on a daily basis. They were very nice.

Thought I had moved on to other irons. Went in for a fitting today thinking the Apex combo set or HMB would be what I end up with but the 921F with recoil 95 stiff ended up being the play for me. Increase of 10 yards over my 0311 Gen1 irons because we reduced spin and picked up sim ball speed. My decent angle is 50° (with every iron and shaft combo I hit. Kinda wild. From 49.5-50.5).

Went from:

0311 irons
Ball speed: 112 mph
Spin: 6280
Decent 49.5
Offline: 5.3 yards
Carry: 155

921F
Ball speed:117
Spin: 5957
Decent: 50
Offline: 7.1
Carry: 165

Recoils were a $0 upgrade and Steelfibers were $40/club. I had just a hair reduced spin with the Recoils and really was a toss up between the two. My numbers were close to identical with them. The $0 up charge seemed like a no brained at that point.

Thought I had moved on to other irons. Went in for a fitting today thinking the Apex combo set or HMB would be what I end up with but the 921F with recoil 95 stiff ended up being the play for me. Increase of 10 yards over my 0311 Gen1 irons because we reduced spin and picked up sim ball speed. My decent angle is 50° (with every iron and shaft combo I hit. Kinda wild. From 49.5-50.5).

Went from:

0311 irons
Ball speed: 112 mph
Spin: 6280
Decent 49.5
Offline: 5.3 yards
Carry: 155

921F
Ball speed:117
Spin: 5957
Decent: 50
Offline: 7.1
Carry: 165

Recoils were a $0 upgrade and Steelfibers were $40/club. I had just a hair reduced spin with the Recoils and really was a toss up between the two. My numbers were close to identical with them. The $0 up charge seemed like a no brained at that point.
You’ll find the feel is far superior with recoils! Good stuff!

I didn't mention it in the post above, but the GW looked huge and I didn't like the feel/results. That will be a specialty wedge for sure

I didn't mention it in the post above, but the GW looked huge and I didn't like the feel/results. That will be a specialty wedge for sure
Interesting, I switched out my specialty wedge for the mizuno gap wedge. Normally I prefer the specialty wedge but the feel of the forged was so good. I guess different strokes for different folks.

I too chose not to go with a 921F Gap wedge. Using my 50° Ping Glide 3.0 and love it.

Not sure if true, but my fitter said Mizuno had caught up and received lots of JPX irons in and were only a week or so out. That would be great as I was assuming 4-5 weeks.

I too chose not to go with a 921F Gap wedge. Using my 50° Ping Glide 3.0 and love it.

Not sure if true, but my fitter said Mizuno had caught up and received lots of JPX irons in and were only a week or so out. That would be great as I was assuming 4-5 weeks.
I’m gaming the glide 3.0 in 54 and 58, hadn’t thought of the 50 for the gap spot, yet: will see how the 921F goes , but good to know you like the glode

Last edited:
I’m gaming the glide 3.0 in 54 and 68, hadn’t thought of the 50 for the gap spot, yet: will see how the 921F goes , but good to know you like the glode
I’ve had some good luck with the gap wedge (more so than other sets for sure) . It will likely get replaced by a zipcore but it’s been solid

Just got my HMP 4-GW in yesterday. Irons felt like butter compared to my MX-25s. Had 10 GIN, 3 of which were with my 4 Iron from 190 out. Never hit my long irons like I did today so consistently. Had 2 or 3 misses off the toe in which I blocked my shots slightly right, but distance lost was barely 5 yards if that. I still need to dial in my distances with the GW and PW. This is the first set I've owned that has these stronger lofts and so I can tell the shorter irons/wedges have a greater distance/loft distribution.

Since I no longer have a 3 Iron I am short a club now and am not sure if I want to add a Lob Wedge or a possible 2nd Hybrid. Currently my 18 Degree Hybrid goes about 210-215 and my 4 Iron goes 190-195. Where my Gap was going about 110 and my 56SW goes about 85. If I go the wedge route, I'd probably replace the 56 with a 54 to get closer to 95 yards and I assume a 58 would probably be my 75-80 yard club.

Back