It's fine. Sell a staff bag.
Way ahead of you. All I have left are 5 putters, 2 stand bags and now 5 sets of irons.

and bins upon bins of head covers

and scores of golf balls

and a bunch of drivers

and all of the clubs Ive purchased for my wife over the years that she never uses.

and about 60 wedges.

I think that's it.

oh and my push cart. All of which needs to go. I have 2 months and 1 day.

Hey remember when I was fawning over HMPs and Forged?

I'm absolutely not over it. Just saying.

i listened...and acted accordingly

Its funny to drop into this thread seeing the conversation after having spent the last week pondering a set of 921F with Ballistics

So I got to hit a few different clubs yesterday, all only with a 7 iron.
JPX921 Tour - Canadan wasn't joking when he said these are demanding. I was more consistent with my Titleist blade than with this which was frustrating. If I was to buy on yesterday's performance then these would be out.
JPX921 Forged - I really liked these, they were super consistent even on bad strikes and the feel was identical for me to the Tour. I like everything about them except the loft gapping makes me nervous. I'm just not keen on having bigger gaps between clubs but maybe it's not such a big deal, difficult to say when only hitting a 7 iron.
JPX921 HMP - there is a noticeable difference in feel to the other two but it still feels good. I'm not one to describe feel but it felt more hot and less soft. Definitely less soft but good strikes were rewarding and there was still a lot of feedback for me but less punishment. Very easy to hit and very long. My carry was 189 average with a lot finishing over 200. Very forgiving, I would be tempted to carry multiple as long irons.
TaylorMade P770 - this one really surprised me. Out of all the clubs I hit I just couldn't get on with it which is not what I expected at all. Very strange.
TaylorMade P7MC - Wow. OK this was kind of everything I went in there hoping to find. Feel was great, I can't really differentiate to the Mizuno forgings but very similar. I was hitting very consistent shots and was genuinely quite shocked at the forgiveness.
Anyway I went in there specifically for a JPX921 HMP 4 iron to replace my 3 iron as a tee club and also remove my Gapr Lo. Kill 2 spots by combining them. It was more of a confirmation and a fitting as I had already hit the 5 and seen that it goes the same distance as my 3 iron with satisfying feel, a sexy ball flight and way more forgiveness than my blade.
Tried out multiple shafts and ended on the KBS C Taper 130X. I was quite surprised but despite my swing feeling like it's slowed down intentionally this year I was still swinging at an average 91.7mph with the 7 iron. Anyway I'm excited for thst to come and for it to be the weapon that I hope for.

So where does that leave me with regard to the 5-pw? Sadly I think the Tours are out. Forged are a strong ponder and so are the P7MC. I would like to wait for the Cobras and Callaways and then hopefully make a decision.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It really is. Best feeling irons I have ever hit were Titleist 712MBs, then Miura PP9003, and then my KFTs. The MMCs just feel hard and clunky to me. And oddly enough I have found the MP20 MBs to have a much softer feel at impact.

exactly how i felt about mmc. i never understood why so many people loved them. they actually felt bad to me.

All this chatter and here I am thinking hard on getting new irons...

I'm reading a ton of different thoughts about a lot of different irons. Here I am thinking HMP because I want a bit more forgiveness than my Apex then I start reading about HMB's and Forged being not to shabby in that department as well. Options and then some more options!

It really is. Best feeling irons I have ever hit were Titleist 712MBs, then Miura PP9003, and then my KFTs. The MMCs just feel hard and clunky to me. And oddly enough I have found the MP20 MBs to have a much softer feel at impact.

And the PP-9003 were not close to the best feeling Miuras. Try the CB-201, the CB 301, etc. I still have my 9003. My favorite was the CB-201 - very unusual feel - sold and dense, yet soft - It was weird. Should have kept them.

Hoping my HMB's ship next week from the club maker.

My only concern is that all clubs feel/sound different on grass than inside on a sim. But these were sweet.

Last edited:
So the short irons of the 921 Tours are really throwback for me. They have a lot higher heel and taller shape.

Yup, I’m only 2 weeks in but the waiting......is ...........killing.............me.

Mad it to PGA store this morning and just don’t think I like the Forged enough to pay for it, and the Hot Metal Pro was just ok. I ventured back down the old school road and hit the Ping i210. Ping won out. Gonna wait to purchase. I did really like the HMB

Mad it to PGA store this morning and just don’t think I like the Forged enough to pay for it, and the Hot Metal Pro was just ok. I ventured back down the old school road and hit the Ping i210. Ping won out. Gonna wait to purchase. I did really like the HMB

When I was purchasing the 919F, I tested out the i210 a lot. I need distance and went 919F. But I do like the i210. Still, I went HMB's recently because they fit - very handsome, great feel, with some distance, and some forgiveness. Good luck.

My 921 forged should be here this week, I originally purchased them with the modus 120’s a shaft I used all year with good success. I just didn’t like how much longer they were and the swing weight wasn’t high enough to cut them down. So the local shop took them back and ordered a custom set for me but prior to ordering i spent a good hour going through shafts and decided on the project x lz 6.0’s. A little lower flight and a few yards longer carry with similar dispersion so I went with them. I did like that they felt a bit tighter but still really smooth, maybe not as smooth as the 120’s but still good. The DG tour white AMT’s also felt and performed really well in this head for me but was a bit more erratic with a tendency to miss left. Hopefully these will hold me over until I get some time with them on grass but those dam new Cobra’s r really messing with my head

When I was purchasing the 919F, I tested out the i210 a lot. I need distance and went 919F. But I do like the i210. Still, I went HMB's recently because they fit - very handsome, great feel, with some distance, and some forgiveness. Good luck.

I had an issue with shafts bowing in my i200s early this year. Went with New Level irons hoping to avoid screwing myself for $500 worth of new shafts. Paid $600 for the irons and hate the mid irons. HMB still on the radar. Very nice looking irons in the JPX 921. I really think the Hot Metal will get over looked but be awesome for a huge amount of people.

I had an issue with shafts bowing in my i200s early this year. Went with New Level irons hoping to avoid screwing myself for $500 worth of new shafts. Paid $600 for the irons and hate the mid irons. HMB still on the radar. Very nice looking irons in the JPX 921. I really think the Hot Metal will get over looked but be awesome for a huge amount of people.
Hot Metal is currently the number one seller in Mizuno’s entire lineup by a landslide

I still have a set of 919 HMP, and my son has the Hot Metals. Excellent overall irons. Long.

I picked up a set of JPX 921 SEL this week and am eagerly awaiting them. They said 3-4 weeks delivery. Might be a touch too much club for me, we will see, but I did a fitting and my fitter put me in them (I was thinking about more of a game improvement or maybe players' distance iron) so I may be alright. Thanks everyone for the super helpful thoughts and feedback in this thread.

Last edited:
So the short irons of the 921 Tours are really throwback for me. They have a lot higher heel and taller shape.
Seems like a bunch of the new one are doing the high heel.

I noticed this today on the Tours, same on the 921F. I'm not sure why I had not noticed before... it was definitely a different shape than I've been looking at lately.

Got a chance to hit the 921 Forged and HMP with a couple of different stiff shafts (Modus 105 & 120; Recoil 95). The Modus 105 was the better steel shaft but I really liked the feel of the Recoil shaft. The issue with the Recoil was that I was hitting moon shots!

Anyone know where I can order the 921’s with a heavier Recoil shaft? Would like to hit them lower but all websites only show ordering from Mizuno with the 95g shaft.

BTW - really liked the feel of the 921 compared to the P790 that I was fitted into last year. After playing them this year, I don’t like the feel or sound of the foam filled head. Came from playing the Cobra Fly Z+ and really like the feel of a true forged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i finally got to see the 921f in person. WHOA. that is a beautiful iron.

Back