Got a chance to hit the 921 Forged and HMP with a couple of different stiff shafts (Modus 105 & 120; Recoil 95). The Modus 105 was the better steel shaft but I really liked the feel of the Recoil shaft. The issue with the Recoil was that I was hitting moon shots!

Anyone know where I can order the 921’s with a heavier Recoil shaft? Would like to hit them lower but all websites only show ordering from Mizuno with the 95g shaft.

BTW - really liked the feel of the 921 compared to the P790 that I was fitted into last year. After playing them this year, I don’t like the feel or sound of the foam filled head. Came from playing the Cobra Fly Z+ and really like the feel of a true forged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure honestly. I’m a 95 player so not much help there.

JB - are you playing the 95 prototypes (if they have one) or standard?

JB - are you playing the 95 prototypes (if they have one) or standard?

Proto. Here are mine.

0E52F56C-EA51-474B-A977-4214E760B51E.jpeg

Do you pull those and reshaft when you decide to put a new iron set in your bag, or do you have a supply of those Protos, @JB?
I have quite a few sets of Recoil 95 Protos, but do a new custom set each year in the set I play. Then give them away at the end of the year.

Those following the THP Event this coming weekend will see another custom finish that would look amazing in a set of these Mizunos.

I have quite a few sets of Recoil 95 Protos, but do a new custom set each year in the set I play. Then give them away at the end of the year.

Those following the THP Event this coming weekend will see another custom finish that would look amazing in a set of these Mizunos.

👀

First day out with the tours....

These are far and away the clear winners of everything I have tried this year. What a wonderful club these are!

Still not the best looking clubs out there, but man, the sound and the feel of these clubs is stellar.

Performance-wise they are everything I was looking for (which was to replace my cobras ) great feedback, excellent spin, and very similar distance.

Can't wait to play another round with these!

Got a chance to hit the 921 Forged and HMP with a couple of different stiff shafts (Modus 105 & 120; Recoil 95). The Modus 105 was the better steel shaft but I really liked the feel of the Recoil shaft. The issue with the Recoil was that I was hitting moon shots!

Anyone know where I can order the 921’s with a heavier Recoil shaft? Would like to hit them lower but all websites only show ordering from Mizuno with the 95g shaft.

BTW - really liked the feel of the 921 compared to the P790 that I was fitted into last year. After playing them this year, I don’t like the feel or sound of the foam filled head. Came from playing the Cobra Fly Z+ and really like the feel of a true forged.

Curious to see your numbers with the 95’s bc I’m a mid to mid/high ball flight guy withy he recoil 95’s. I’ve not seen any ballooning or distance loss

No numbers yet, just the first time I got a chance to see/swing them. Hope to schedule a fitting in the next week or so, then I’ll throw up my numbers.

Loved the feel and flight in the Modus shafts; somewhat high but not nearly as high as the Recoil. The Modus 105 seemed to have better flight vs the 120’s.

Curious to see your numbers with the 95’s bc I’m a mid to mid/high ball flight guy withy he recoil 95’s. I’ve not seen any ballooning or distance loss

I didn’t do protos but did do forged with recoil 95s.

I play the jpx 900 forged with recoil 125g F4 shafts and the heavier shaft seems to prevent my moon shots. Keep an eye on eBay for a used set with heavier recoil shafts or something similar.

These are far and away the clear winners of everything I have tried this year. What a wonderful club these are!

Still not the best looking clubs out there, but man, the sound and the feel of these clubs is stellar.

Performance-wise they are everything I was looking for (which was to replace my cobras ) great feedback, excellent spin, and very similar distance.

Looking forward to more Tour feedback.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Alright...I've been out of THP community for a bit. Had a comfortable mixture of family, health and work issues just keep me mentally and physically away from golf. Now the depressing stuff is over...

I got back on here just to come to this page. I got fitted into the 921 Hot Metals yesterday with a Aerotech SteelFiber i80 at Club Champion and I could not be more excited to get back on the course and of course, back on here! These clubs looks great, feel great and just seem to be so easy to hit. Can't wait to get these built and get them on the course before the new year. I'm in AL so we can pretty much play year around here so as soon as these bad boys come in, I'm 100% taking the box (unopened) to the course and getting as many holes in as daylight will allow.

If you're considering these, go get fitted and run them through the ringer. These things are just silky smooth! Definitely worth the look

Cheers!

Looking forward to more of your experience, esp. since you sppear to own a billion or so new iron sets. 😎 From 3 sessions with the JPX921 line, Tour would be my pick. Good feel, nice flight/spin, and addictive consistency. I would likely combo in Forged at some point but would love to play a full set before deciding where to draw the line. 👍

Looking forward to more of your experience, esp. since you sppear to own a billion or so new iron sets. 😎 From 3 sessions with the JPX921 line, Tour would be my pick. Good feel, nice flight/spin, and addictive consistency. I would likely combo in Forged at some point but would love to play a full set before deciding where to draw the line. 👍
My tours are 4-pw, but I kept the P770 3 iron in the bag as it feels like the perfect long iron for me. I guess you can call that a combo.

i hit the 921 tour yesterday. at my guy's shop my mav pro was still low launch and low spin. best 7i strikes were carrying about 175, but aoa was only about 2 down, path 5 in to out, and spin in the mid 4k range. fwiw i still firmly believe this is a me thing on mats/indoors, because outside on grass i don't see those kinds of numbers on trackman with my instructor. and on the course my approach shots hold greens within a yard or two of the pitchmark.

the owner felt i needed to be hitting a forged head, and a few degrees weaker. so he pulled the 921t with $ taper 120 s. my best strikes carried around 172-173 iirc. everything was on the thin side (again, stupid mats), but the few decent strikes felt excellent and i didn't find them to be any less forgiving than my mav pros in this short session.

the whole lineup is stunning.

Alright...I've been out of THP community for a bit. Had a comfortable mixture of family, health and work issues just keep me mentally and physically away from golf. Now the depressing stuff is over...

I got back on here just to come to this page. I got fitted into the 921 Hot Metals yesterday with a Aerotech SteelFiber i80 at Club Champion and I could not be more excited to get back on the course and of course, back on here! These clubs looks great, feel great and just seem to be so easy to hit. Can't wait to get these built and get them on the course before the new year. I'm in AL so we can pretty much play year around here so as soon as these bad boys come in, I'm 100% taking the box (unopened) to the course and getting as many holes in as daylight will allow.

If you're considering these, go get fitted and run them through the ringer. These things are just silky smooth! Definitely worth the look

Cheers!

Welcome back. I'm glad all of that stuff is behind you. Congrats on the new sticks! Those HMs are a great club.

Looking good with the LZs (courtesy of my main man, @AnthonyC )

The Tours are pretty spectacular. Spin is exactly where I want it, shot shaping is dialed up easily, and they look excellent from address. I don't expect them to be very forgiving, but they do seem to forgive my terrible shots quite often.

PXL_20201106_143521113.jpgPXL_20201106_143531114.jpg

Saw the tours in person today, might be the best looking club I’ve ever seen. I just love the way it looks

Back