Can a high handicap play the HMP's? I've been playing HB3 hybrid irons with success. But, I am afraid to take my training wheels off, lol.

I'm what would generally be considered a high handicap, and I got fit for the HMP. Great club, clean look, but still lots of forgiveness. Obviously, everyone is different, but I don't know anyone would have an issue playing the HMP.

Watching the live stream and the contest has me putting the 921 HM back up at the top of the list. I feel like these with the recoil shafts could really be a dangerous combo.

So yeah...I’m a little extra Mizuno excited now! :oops::love:

So yeah...I’m a little extra Mizuno excited now! :oops::love:
You, and a lot of other people I'm sure! What a great showcase of the Mixuno JPX921 irons and ES21 wedges. Always had a desire to give Mizuno a try, and this just stoked those flames.

Great discussion and walkthrough of the lineup one stream for THP live during the showcase. Forge are a great sounding looking club with packed performance.

I think I hit all of the Mizuno line in the tech studio yesterday and am blown away how easy these are to hit. I want them ALL. I think the forged were my favorite of the bunch but the hot metals were also easily playable 😳

I think I hit all of the Mizuno line in the tech studio yesterday and am blown away how easy these are to hit. I want them ALL. I think the forged were my favorite of the bunch but the hot metals were also easily playable 😳

My forged 8i is quickly becoming a favorite club of mine to hit. even in that profile it still is forgiving and has plenty of distance. The HMP's are downright cheating imo. Easy to hit and packed with distance.

You, and a lot of other people I'm sure! What a great showcase of the Mixuno JPX921 irons and ES21 wedges. Always had a desire to give Mizuno a try, and this just stoked those flames.

Now I want the wedges too 🤣

Now I want the wedges too 🤣
I'd love a full set of Mizuno irons and wedges. If I had my choice, I'd go Forged in the HMP in the 4-6, and Forged in the 7-PW. Throw in some ES21 wedges, and watch out! What a bag that would be!

I hit the HM, HMP, and Forged back in August. They were definitely incredible. I'm like 75% sure that if I hadn't been lucky enough to get my name called for the Ben Hogan Experience I would have wound up ordering a combo set of the HM and HMP. If money wasn't a factor it would have been an HMP/Forged combo. The biggest thing I noticed, and granted this was a limited sample size, was how straight the ball flight was with the Forged. My strikes were as straight as @Canadan with the Forged, while the HM and HMP both had a draw bias. If I ever reach a point where it wouldn't be ridiculous to have two sets of clubs I could see some kind of 921 combo set as my forgiving set to pair with (for me) the more demanding PTX Pros.

I'd love a full set of Mizuno irons and wedges. If I had my choice, I'd go Forged in the HMP in the 4-6, and Forged in the 7-PW. Throw in some ES21 wedges, and watch out! What a bag that would be!

The combo options are very intriguing. Even in the wedges, you can grab a wide sole for bunkers, etc., and the more narrow sole for the other. Really like what Mizuno has done with this entire lineup.

Definitely, and the Mizuno Experience aspect and getting to be in that one has definitely added a level of excitement here.

That said, I hit every iron set of the JPX line yesterday and had a ton of fun with them. Actually preferred the Pro’s to the Tour honestly, the distance and consistency I was getting with Recoil 95’s was absurd.

Definitely, and the Mizuno Experience aspect and getting to be in that one has definitely added a level of excitement here.

That said, I hit every iron set of the JPX line yesterday and had a ton of fun with them. Actually preferred the Pro’s to the Tour honestly, the distance and consistency I was getting with Recoil 95’s was absurd.
So what were your thoughts on the Forged, that kind of sit between those 2?

The Recoil 95’s were surprising to me too, I have never swung those as typically I’m in the 110-120 range and you are right there was definitely no shortage of distance haha

So another indoor session down and I have to say the hmp are the best performers I've ever seen on poor strikes in it's class. Like the overall numbers on thin and fat shots (off a mat) are crazy. I'll be getting real golf in soon enough and will give them their paces, and I'm sure will dream about other irons, but I'm really so so impressed after a few indoor sessions. Just a tremendous performer on less than ideal contact, which is a player of my levels dream.

So what were your thoughts on the Forged, that kind of sit between those 2?
I hit the forged a good bit today, would definitely go that way for me.

The more I read/watch/listen, the more I want to try the Hot Metal Pros despite the fitter recommending the HM (without hitting anything else in the line).

Everything I have seen, if I remember, is the HMP spin slightly less. If I am spinning the HM 5325 rpm, and launching at 23 degrees, I wonder what my numbers would be like with the HMP.

Broken record, I know. But it is all that keeps me going right now lol.

I hit the HM, HMP, and Forged back in August. They were definitely incredible. I'm like 75% sure that if I hadn't been lucky enough to get my name called for the Ben Hogan Experience I would have wound up ordering a combo set of the HM and HMP. If money wasn't a factor it would have been an HMP/Forged combo. The biggest thing I noticed, and granted this was a limited sample size, was how straight the ball flight was with the Forged. My strikes were as straight as @Canadan with the Forged, while the HM and HMP both had a draw bias. If I ever reach a point where it wouldn't be ridiculous to have two sets of clubs I could see some kind of 921 combo set as my forgiving set to pair with (for me) the more demanding PTX Pros.
I have this sick thought too. My ball flight is never as straight as @Canadan, unless I pull the 9i and am playing @MSEASU. ;)

The more I read/watch/listen, the more I want to try the Hot Metal Pros despite the fitter recommending the HM (without hitting anything else in the line).

Everything I have seen, if I remember, is the HMP spin slightly less. If I am spinning the HM 5325 rpm, and launching at 23 degrees, I wonder what my numbers would be like with the HMP.

Broken record, I know. But it is all that keeps me going right now lol.

That sounds strike/swing/speed related; if you were to apply the same swing the launch is a little lower on HMP and higher on HM (and spin being a little higher on HMP and lower on HM). Considering your peak height is low even with 5.4k rpm of spin, if I were a fitter (which I'm not) I would say HMs make more sense. However, it doesn't hurt to try HMPs, it's just that with lower spin you're going to need the higher apex flight to come down at a more aggressive descent angle.

Last edited:
get fit! see which one is better for YOU
I am but it came to what I wanted both were amazing and put me in the fence. BUT I did land on the 921 Forge. I did opt a FliHi to replace the 4I. Ended up with Neo 950 shaft. Now I’m anxious to get them LOL

Just curious. How long did it take to get the HMP’s?
Getting ready to order..

Getting ready to order..
From what I have read and been told 4-5 weeks on custom orders. That wait can feel like months lol

Getting ready to order..
My order took 3 weeks, but that was back in late November early December when I ordered

Back