Well, the move to Recoils has been a joyous one for me in these, comfort and familiarity I didn’t realize I missed.

Beyond that, finding (slowly albeit) my ball striking again has made them even more enjoyable as well. The SOUND of the Forged when compressed is just....well it gives that tingly sensation all over :ROFLMAO:

Still considering tweaking the lofts a little, but that’s purely for personal fit and will be done after some GC2 on the course time in coming weeks.

Well, the move to Recoils has been a joyous one for me in these, comfort and familiarity I didn’t realize I missed.

Beyond that, finding (slowly albeit) my ball striking again has made them even more enjoyable as well. The SOUND of the Forged when compressed is just....well it gives that tingly sensation all over :ROFLMAO:

Still considering tweaking the lofts a little, but that’s purely for personal fit and will be done after some GC2 on the course time in coming weeks.
Take this, and turn it up about 5 notches now.

I’ve almost fixed my shallow to steep problem and as I break that sh***y winter habit my flight was come WAY up and that SOUND is back, the one where you compress it and people turn and notice. Had one playing through yesterday on a par 5 with a 6i from 201 and dropped it 5 feet short of the flag, it actually drew an “oh ****” from the gentlemen Letting me through.

Distances are LONG for me, I didnt expect to play a 175 yard 8i in this set but here we are :ROFLMAO:

Want to get monitor time this weekend to see how I want to bend them, still thinking weak for a little easier peak and a little more spin.

Damn I just want to go out and buy them

I am going to get fit for new irons in a week. I will have access to most all major OEM's irons and shafts, but I am pretty sure I have already mentally purchased the 921 Hot Metals and will just be getting fit for a shaft. Am I crazy for being close minded? They are just such good looking clubs. I feel like I am just picking a shaft and determining f I go straight Hot Metal or Combo with a 7 to GW HMP.
Anyone switched to Hot Metals from Titleist AP1's? I am currently playing AP1 714's with KBS Tour Shaft (stiff). I would love to hear any opinions on what improvements I might see. Or thoughts on any other iron's I have to try. I am sure it's not a great idea to go in with my mind already made up.
I'll be happy to post a response to my fitting process and what I see with different shafts.
Fwiw, I'm a 15, hit my AP1 6 iron about 165.

I am going to get fit for new irons in a week. I will have access to most all major OEM's irons and shafts, but I am pretty sure I have already mentally purchased the 921 Hot Metals and will just be getting fit for a shaft. Am I crazy for being close minded? They are just such good looking clubs. I feel like I am just picking a shaft and determining f I go straight Hot Metal or Combo with a 7 to GW HMP.
Anyone switched to Hot Metals from Titleist AP1's? I am currently playing AP1 714's with KBS Tour Shaft (stiff). I would love to hear any opinions on what improvements I might see. Or thoughts on any other iron's I have to try. I am sure it's not a great idea to go in with my mind already made up.
I'll be happy to post a response to my fitting process and what I see with different shafts.
Fwiw, I'm a 15, hit my AP1 6 iron about 165.

Crazy? No. If you know you like them, get fit for them and enjoy the heck out of it.

I've got a full bag fitting at the end of the month, and I want to spend time with JPX 921. Apex Pro 21 are the frontrunner but I'm curious if these 921 Forged/Tour are sneaky good enough to make it interesting.

On the downside, I can't see myself being willing to wait 8+ weeks for the product to get to me.

I’ve almost fixed my shallow to steep problem and as I break that sh***y winter habit my flight was come WAY up and that SOUND is back, the one where you compress it and people turn and notice. Had one playing through yesterday on a par 5 with a 6i from 201 and dropped it 5 feet short of the flag, it actually drew an “oh ****” from the gentlemen Letting me through.

Distances are LONG for me, I didnt expect to play a 175 yard 8i in this set but here we are :ROFLMAO:

Want to get monitor time this weekend to see how I want to bend them, still thinking weak for a little easier peak and a little more spin.

I am digging this update. Very awesome.

Dude. 921 Forged with Recoil 110s bent a little weak? That is straight filthy talk!

These were fun to hit overall at my fitting. Bending them weak probably would have been a good option for me as well if I went with them.
Nice feedback man. Looking forward to more

On a snowed in whim of “oh wow I found a set of recoil 110 F5’s I forgot I’ve been stashing”, I installed them in the 5-P 921 Forged and just turned down the ferrules last night because im not a lunatic ;)

Taking them out today, abs pretty excited to have them back on the course.

Are these standard Recoil 110 or Proto? Customs by chance? I might need pictures :unsure:

The HMP's are right up there too. Had to weaken mine 1° to fix the gaps, but the extra distance is still nice. Couldn't tell the difference in feel between the Forged and HMP, so went with the extra forgiveness (hopefully). Both are still just awesome irons though - probably the best ever from Mizuno.

Dude. 921 Forged with Recoil 110s bent a little weak? That is straight filthy talk!
They’re so very good. Best feeling irons I’ve hit this year? These and MIM are tied at the top, with the Apex Pro’s just behind.

But yeah dude, I think a little weak will be saaaaaaucy for my needs!

They’re so very good. Best feeling irons I’ve hit this year? These and MIM are tied at the top, with the Apex Pro’s just behind.

But yeah dude, I think a little weak will be saaaaaaucy for my needs!
You should probably move on to something else and send those up to Canuckistan lol.

You should probably move on to something else and send those up to Canuckistan lol.
Canuckistan made me laugh WAY too hard

Couldn't tell the difference in feel between the Forged and HMP, so went with the extra forgiveness (hopefully).

I hit all four today (tour, forged, HM and HM Pro) and I struggled to tell the difference in feel between the forged and the HM/HM Pro as well. I am leaning towards saving some cash and going HM Pro. I am upgrading from Mizuno MX-200's (forged) so hoping to get the benefit of over a decades worth of R & D. will need to be fitted for the right shafts and also want to try the Srixon ZX7's and Wilson Staff CB's as well before I commit. the JPX921's feel very very nice.

I hit all four today (tour, forged, HM and HM Pro) and I struggled to tell the difference in feel between the forged and the HM/HM Pro as well. I am leaning towards saving some cash and going HM Pro. I am upgrading from Mizuno MX-200's (forged) so hoping to get the benefit of over a decades worth of R & D. will need to be fitted for the right shafts and also want to try the Srixon ZX7's and Wilson Staff CB's as well before I commit. the JPX921's feel very very nice.

What shafts are in your MX-200s? I have Dynamic Gold SLs in mine.

The ZX7’s are TINY compared to the HM/HMP, keep that in mind. Totally different profiles in those and the W/S comparatively.

Back